• Suns and lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gunks

Hall of Famer
AD has a history of disappearing.... But if the Warriors can neutralize him like they did Sabonis?

Going for the hat trick trying to shut down Joker would make a good storyline if the WCFs end up Dubs vs Nugs!

Even better storyline if Joker destroys them!

But maybe AD goes for 40 next game, who knows with that guy.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
This Suns boxscore for tonight is crazy! Durant has 14 free throws-- the rest of his team has 0. Booker is currently 20 for 25 from the field and has 45 points on 25 shots without a single free throw. I've never seen either of those things happen before. Booker and KD have made 31 shots combined while the entire Denver Nuggets team has only made 40 shots.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Booker had a great night, KD was not efficient and despite that, Denver was still right there in the game. Not good news for Phoenix if they can't get CP3 back for this series.

Lakers have the opportunity to go up 3-1 on Monday,and can put some real pressure on Warriors, needing to win 3 in a row....Davis is upping his game in a big way. Warriors have nothing for him.

hrdboild

Staff member
Hmm, the Lakers get 37 free throws to the Warriors 17. Back in their Game 1 win the Lakers shot 29 free throws to the Warriors 6. In the only GS win so far (Game 2) the free throw margin was negligible (17 to 16). So naturally the key to this series is controlling the whistles right?

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Hmm, the Lakers get 37 free throws to the Warriors 17. Back in their Game 1 win the Lakers shot 29 free throws to the Warriors 6. In the only GS win so far (Game 2) the free throw margin was negligible (17 to 16). So naturally the key to this series is controlling the whistles right?
I think we can agree that the whistles have been favoring the lakers. With that said, 48 percent of the Warriors' field goal attempts in this series have been three-pointers, compared to 34 percent for the gd lakers, so I don't know how many free throws they can reasonably have expected.

hrdboild

Staff member
I think we can agree that the whistles have been favoring the lakers. With that said, 48 percent of the Warriors' field goal attempts in this series have been three-pointers, compared to 34 percent for the gd lakers, so I don't know how many free throws they can reasonably have expected.
This is true. The 29 to 6 stat is still mind-boggling to me though, especially considering how much those guys like to sell contact.

Devin Booker cant miss.. after going 20/25 last game he's 14/17 right now thru 3 quarters, unreal.

Jokic giving it all he's got crazy performance from him too. Aytons been invisible but Booker and Durant are scoring so much they've got the lead.

When Murray/Portor are your 2nd and 3rd best players its bound to occur
Murray was great last night though, and apparently has been all postseason but i won't make that claim since yesterday's game was the first Denver playoff game I've seen this year.

But Porter is atrocious. He rebounds well and aggressively but his shot selection is putrid and he is so focused on getting his own shot off, he misses open teammates all the time. They mentioned it on the broadcast, but his late game transition 3 after picking up the steal and with Denver on a mini run completely sucked all momentum away from the Nuggets. He has such a selfish, hero ball play style and unwarranted confident but doesn't have the shot making ability to go along with it. One of the most infuriating players to watch in my opinion.

Murray was great last night though, and apparently has been all postseason but i won't make that claim since yesterday's game was the first Denver playoff game I've seen this year.

But Porter is atrocious. He rebounds well and aggressively but his shot selection is putrid and he is so focused on getting his own shot off, he misses open teammates all the time. They mentioned it on the broadcast, but his late game transition 3 after picking up the steal and with Denver on a mini run completely sucked all momentum away from the Nuggets. He has such a selfish, hero ball play style and unwarranted confident but doesn't have the shot making ability to go along with it. One of the most infuriating players to watch in my opinion.
Yeah I have never seen a guy where every time he shoots it, it feels/looks like a chuck as if he's just shooting for the sake of shooting rather than to score it. He's like the Marvin Bagley of SF's.

Yeah I have never seen a guy where every time he shoots it, it feels/looks like a chuck as if he's just shooting for the sake of shooting rather than to score it. He's like the Marvin Bagley of SF's.
I mean that 3 in transition was a horrible shot but MPJ did make 41% of his 3's on 7.3 attempts this season, he's got plenty of shotmaking ability, especially for a 6'10 guy..

Serious question, who has been playing more lights out this postseason, Devin Booker or Jimmy Butler?

Those two players have been head and shoulders better than any other player I've seen.

Booker is even playing some really, really good defense to go with his unreal offensive shooting.

Butler has already led his team to a 1st round upset in -- in 5 games no less -- over a #1 seed, while Booker is almost single-handedly keeping PHX in this series against Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.