Bagley/Holmes/Len
Turner/Bjelly/Parker
Barnes/Baze/DQJ/Woodard
Buddy/Ramsey/DQJ
Fox/Haliburton/Cojo

So maybe not that light at SF.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
except Barnes is really a PF. The only real SF we have is Woodard. But like I said. Suck this year and draft one.
Barnes is a SF in the traditional sense of the role. I do agree that as he’s gotten more and more muscular though, his best position in the modern league is at the stretch 4 spot. Also should be said that that traditional SF role is pretty much gone in the NBA and just replaced by the all-inclusive wing position thanks to most teams playing smaller and smaller so I don’t feel so bad about Woodard being the only “SF” SF on the roster.

Last edited:
I have no idea what I’d do to be honest with you. It’s just frustrating that we haven’t been able to do much outside of the draft
All we know is that we didn't make any trades or signings. Maybe they did a lot but nothing planned worked. Difficult to guess all the phone calls and negotiations that took place.

I have no idea what I’d do to be honest with you. It’s just frustrating that we haven’t been able to do much outside of the draft
Do you see the money going around right now? What do you think we should have done - that wouldn't cap tie us long term and that would actually push us over the hump (vs. just taking advantage of the pandemic and discreetly tanking before empty arenas)?

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Do you see the money going around right now? What do you think we should have done - that wouldn't cap tie us long term and that would actually push us over the hump (vs. just taking advantage of the pandemic and discreetly tanking before empty arenas)?
Monte appears to be much more of a patient GM thus far in his tenure than some of the other new GMs out there this offseason (looking at you, Detroit). Considering how fast teams are just burning through money super early in free agency, there could be quite a few good players out there looking for a place to play and not enough teams out there to sign them.

With the rumors of us working on re-signing Baze and the Bogi situation still yet to be resolved, it’s not like he’s sitting on his hands but he’s playing things smart and biding his time, which is probably the way to go for a first time GM.

2.6 Trade exemption or bi-annual- Len
9.2 MLE- Baze
Waive JJ
Turner for Bogi

Bagley/Holmes/Len
Turner/Bjelly/Parker
Barnes/Baze/DQJ/Woodard
Buddy/Ramsey/DQJ
Fox/Haliburton/Cojo

So maybe not that light at SF.
9 players 97M
Turner 17.5M,Len2.6,Base 9.2,Jeffries v justin push,3 picks 5.6m = 131.9m
Too much cheddar, If we end up with Bogie, or Turner , you can kiss off Base and still end up with 122.7m
More likely - No turner or bogi add back JJ - 115.9m

I hate to squash everyone;s Turner dream trade
But Bogi has to sign off on it
does anyone think he will play behind a disgruntled Oladipo, when he wont play behind a Disgruntled Buddy?
if Pacers traded Oladipo first, then maybe Bogi would agree (Hello Knicks?)

Last edited:
9 players 97M
Turner 17.5M,Len2.6,Base 9.2,Jeffries v justin push,3 picks 5.6m = 131.9m
Too much cheddar, If we end up with Bogie, or Turner , you can kiss off Base and still end up with 122.7m
More likely - No turner or bogi add back JJ - 115.9m
We have 3 exemptions. They would not count against the cap when used to get players.

Harry will be another one of those many curious cases where a Kings player achieved his potential only after leaving the Kings. Good luck, Harry. I enjoyed cheering for you.

that is an offer we should match given the cost of shooters.
That is right at the point where I can start to go either way.

If there is a good chance both he and Buddy start the season on the roster, then I would hesitate. If Mcnair is confident he can make another good move, match all day.