What's your latest top 10? (split)

Entity

Hall of Famer
I used Porters second year because he played two years in College compared to Sexton, it also shows how much Porter's three improved percentage wise from freshman to sophomore year and with that came double the attempts. Year one he only attempted 53 three pointers compared to 100+. Fox attempted 69 three's, Sexton attempted 131, his stats are going to look better just by that alone. Sexton's strengths are the same as Fox's strengths, they both are fast and attack the rim.
so your basis is Porter can improve from year one to year two but Sexton can't? because he can attack the rim like fox. thats why i like him btw. good defender can attack and has shown he can hit the 3.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
so your basis is Porter can improve from year one to year two but Sexton can't? because he can attack the rim like fox. thats why i like him btw. good defender can attack and has shown he can hit the 3.
whether he can hit the three consistently I have questions about, but I can't deny the talent. He can be a solid player for someone.

Tells them no way he plays for them then takes a picture using the owners stupid ass hand gestures. No chance
Maybe he took the Pic Beforehand, saw the stupid hand gesture, and said don't draft me . :p

I would prefer we draft him, but if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him. That's y I like fox so much and why I hated to see dmc traded. Not many players want to be here before falling in love with the city. So if you have a player that really wants to be here, it's just a bonus.

Well if all this is true, I can see why they would be looking at Porter. Even though we have the number 2 pick its not much good if players are stonewalling us. If Porters medicals are good maybe we should take him. I do like Bagley. But we have a number of bigs already.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just a reminder: Givony doesn't know everything. I keep remembering how many people panicked that Webber wouldn't resign with the Kings because some national talking heads swore he was headed to Detroit.

I truly cannot imagine a scenario under which Luka would have told the Kings he's not interested in playing here when so many other things show otherwise. Tons of pictures, comments, tweets, etc. show he's more than interested. Givony says he's not. Hrm. Who to believe?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Maybe he took the Pic Beforehand, saw the stupid hand gesture, and said don't draft me . :p

I would prefer we draft him, but if he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him. That's y I like fox so much and why I hated to see dmc traded. Not many players want to be here before falling in love with the city. So if you have a player that really wants to be here, it's just a bonus.
Luka has NEVER said anything about not wanting to play here.

Luka has NEVER said anything about not wanting to play here.
Never said anything on record? True. Never said it at all? How would we know?

I have no idea what is fact or fiction but very rarely will a guy say publicly where he doesn't want to play. It's bad PR. But Luka could have told Vlade that. Or his "representation informed the Kings organization".

I've strongly suspected for a while now that it's why JJJ and Bamba didn't work out for the Kings. I sure hope it's not the case with Doncic. If Bagley is the pick I hope it's because he's who the Kings have at the top of the draft board and not because he's the only one willing to play in Sacramento.

Stuff like this (assuming any part of it is true) makes me realize what an uphill battle it is to build a winning Kings team. Combining a small market with a terrible team history for the last decade and a half with the perception (or reality) of a dysfunctional front offfice and ownership.

I was super excited when the Kings jumped up in the lottery but now I'm back to being half depressed that players are allegedly avoiding the Kings and half anxious for the draft to be over because I'm afraid Vlade & co will screw up this opportunity.

In honor of the Kings I think I'll pour myself a Crown Royal to take the edge off.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Never said anything on record? True. Never said it at all? How would we know?

I have no idea what is fact or fiction but very rarely will a guy say publicly where he doesn't want to play. It's bad PR. But Luka could have told Vlade that. Or his "representation informed the Kings organization".

I've strongly suspected for a while now that it's why JJJ and Bamba didn't work out for the Kings. I sure hope it's not the case with Doncic. If Bagley is the pick I hope it's because he's who the Kings have at the top of the draft board and not because he's the only one willing to play in Sacramento.

Stuff like this (assuming any part of it is true) makes me realize what an uphill battle it is to build a winning Kings team. Combining a small market with a terrible team history for the last decade and a half with the perception (or reality) of a dysfunctional front offfice and ownership.

I was super excited when the Kings jumped up in the lottery but now I'm back to being half depressed that players are allegedly avoiding the Kings and half anxious for the draft to be over because I'm afraid Vlade & co will screw up this opportunity.

In honor of the Kings I think I'll pour myself a Crown Royal to take the edge off.
He could also have told him the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese.

I don't want to sound like I'm ridiculing you, but this is just getting silly. Why would you assume any of it is true? Especially in the case of Doncic where there is a plethora of evidence to indicate he is more than willing to come to the Kings?

I'm not going to succumb to the panic until/unless there is real significant reason to do so.

i don't know, they don't look like they have just been told don't draft me cause I will not play for Sacramento in that picture from Madrid. has anyone else independently reported this? i just cannot see it.

He could also have told him the earth is flat and the moon is made of green cheese.

I don't want to sound like I'm ridiculing you, but this is just getting silly. Why would you assume any of it is true? Especially in the case of Doncic where there is a plethora of evidence to indicate he is more than willing to come to the Kings?

I'm not going to succumb to the panic until/unless there is real significant reason to do so.
There actually isn't any evidence that he is willing to come to the Kings. We're pinning a lot on him saying that he'd love to play with Bogdan and a picture with Vlade and Vivek.

I think what scares me with Doncic is that college kids threaten to "play in Europe" or change sports if drafted by a team they don't want to play for and they are just idle threats that I doubt they'd follow through on. But Luka has a very good thing in Madrid that he could easily return to.

I certainly HOPE it's not true, but we'll likely never know. I just hate the idea that the Kings possibly end up drafting by process of elimination instead of based on talent.

The Kings actually seem like a good spot for Doncic though. Vlade, Peja & Bogie to help him acclimate, a hole at small forward, a speedy PG and bigs that can screen and roll. Really just need a stretch four and it's a good fit. Unless he doesn't want to be here. . .

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
There actually isn't any evidence that he is willing to come to the Kings. We're pinning a lot on him saying that he'd love to play with Bogdan and a picture with Vlade and Vivek.

I think what scares me with Doncic is that college kids threaten to "play in Europe" or change sports if drafted by a team they don't want to play for and they are just idle threats that I doubt they'd follow through on. But Luka has a very good thing in Madrid that he could easily return to.

I certainly HOPE it's not true, but we'll likely never know. I just hate the idea that the Kings possibly end up drafting by process of elimination instead of based on talent.

The Kings actually seem like a good spot for Doncic though. Vlade, Peja & Bogie to help him acclimate, a hole at small forward, a speedy PG and bigs that can screen and roll. Really just need a stretch four and it's a good fit. Unless he doesn't want to be here. . .
There isn't any evidence he is willing to come? Seriously? I can't do this any more. Sorry, funky, but this is just getting way beyond too bizarre for me. Oh, BTW?

How about these kids get a dose of reality? These teams pay them not the other way around. You wanna blackmail us? Fine we won't draft and you lose half a million a year.

These agents have to have some checks and balances. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have this much power over an entire organization. Also, physicals and medical reports ought to be mandatory and not optional. This is a physical game and each team invests millions in these young kids. If you ask me it's all a bunch of bullcrap. I'd corner one of these agents and let them know what's what.

i read Givony's take myself and that guy is guessing just as much as any of us about Luka. Seems to be he is like a fortune teller guessing at things to make himself sound good. No offense to any of you fortune tellers

There isn't any evidence he is willing to come? Seriously? I can't do this any more. Sorry, funky, but this is just getting way beyond too bizarre for me. Oh, BTW?

Why would Vlade or his staff publicly disparage a top prospect? That makes less sense than a prospect publicly saying he won't play for a particular team.

And I agree that it's smokescreen and lying season so very little should be trusted. But what positive evidence is there that that Doncic would be willing to play in Sacramento? I haven't seen any.

That doesn't mean Givony's report that he is avoiding the Kings is true but I've looked and I haven't found any positive evidence about the Kings.

Saying he would like to play with Bogdanovic is not the same thing as saying he likes the idea of Sacramento. In fact, it's a good way to sidestep that question.

Doncic currently plays for a top flight organization in a city six times bigger than Sacramento. Let's not pretend it's out of the realm of possibility that he wants to go to a successful NBA franchise in a large market. Porzingis did all he could to get to the Knicks. Josh Jackson refused to workout for the Celtics. We don't even need to discuss Lavar and Lonzo Ball's predraft shenanigans. There's a reason why Bamba and Jackson Jr have worked out for the Suns, Hawks and Mavs but not the Kings. And why reports are out that Bamba also refused to workout for the Grizzlies. Players absolutely try to dictate which teams draft them. And it's only gotten more obvious/blatant in the last few years.

Again, I don't know what's fact or fiction but for any of us to claim with certainty that Doncic ISN'T avoiding the Kings is as baseless as claiming with certainty that he is. We don't know.

Why would Vlade or his staff publicly disparage a top prospect? That makes less sense than a prospect publicly saying he won't play for a particular team.

And I agree that it's smokescreen and lying season so very little should be trusted. But what positive evidence is there that that Doncic would be willing to play in Sacramento? I haven't seen any.

That doesn't mean Givony's report that he is avoiding the Kings is true but I've looked and I haven't found any positive evidence about the Kings.

Saying he would like to play with Bogdanovic is not the same thing as saying he likes the idea of Sacramento. In fact, it's a good way to sidestep that question.

Doncic currently plays for a top flight organization in a city six times bigger than Sacramento. Let's not pretend it's out of the realm of possibility that he wants to go to a successful NBA franchise in a large market. Porzingis did all he could to get to the Knicks. Josh Jackson refused to workout for the Celtics. We don't even need to discuss Lavar and Lonzo Ball's predraft shenanigans. There's a reason why Bamba and Jackson Jr have worked out for the Suns, Hawks and Mavs but not the Kings. And why reports are out that Bamba also refused to workout for the Grizzlies. Players absolutely try to dictate which teams draft them. And it's only gotten more obvious/blatant in the last few years.

Again, I don't know what's fact or fiction but for any of us to claim with certainty that Doncic ISN'T avoiding the Kings is as baseless as claiming with certainty that he is. We don't know.
I don't want Doncic but really there's no evidence of where he would or wouldn't like to play because he didn't workout for any teams. I did read something that he loves la and big cities in general. Also read a rumor that he didn't give the Kings his medicals. Unless that's true though there's just nothing to go on one way or another.

Final list (only one of top 3 would satisfy me):

1) Doncic
2) Ayton
3) Jackson, Jr
4) Bagley
5) Bamba
6) Carter
7) Porter
8) Mikal Bridges
9) Young
10) Smith

I disagree. If Doncic wanted to avoid the Kings, why would he accept a private dinner with Vlade and Vivek.

That is proof in and of itself that he is open to being a King. The Kings obviously did not force him to take a meeting.

The guy is a competitor. He is going to play hard for anyone that drafts him. The Kings has just as much upside than any other team picking in the top 5.

I disagree. If Doncic wanted to avoid the Kings, why would he accept a private dinner with Vlade and Vivek.

That is proof in and of itself that he is open to being a King. The Kings obviously did not force him to take a meeting.

The guy is a competitor. He is going to play hard for anyone that drafts him. The Kings has just as much upside than any other team picking in the top 5.
I disagree with this. A private dinner doesn't mean he wants to go to Sacramento. Also, I think people misinterpret the Bogdan answer. The original question was asking him if he wanted to play with a Serbian player, who would it be? Bogdan was his answer.

There's valid reasons for why the top prospects want to avoid Sacramento. However, I'm going to wait and see on Doncic. I know Givony said he refused to give the Kings his medicals..so that's the only red flag I see. I'm not sure if he's given it to every other team.

I disagree with this. A private dinner doesn't mean he wants to go to Sacramento. Also, I think people misinterpret the Bogdan answer. The original question was asking him if he wanted to play with a Serbian player, who would it be? Bogdan was his answer.

There's valid reasons for why the top prospects want to avoid Sacramento. However, I'm going to wait and see on Doncic. I know Givony said he refused to give the Kings his medicals..so that's the only red flag I see. I'm not sure if he's given it to every other team.
A player will always have a preference. If every player was able to play for only the big city teams, there would be like 6 teams in the NBA.

Prospects are under no obligation to interview or take a meeting with any team, i.e. see Bamba and JJJ.

A private dinner would be the equivalent of a private workout at this point, because Doncic was in the middle of his Euro season. He's not going to do a workout for anyone.

I highly doubt he took a private meeting to personally tell the Kings he won't play for them.

Givony conveniently leaves out the fact of the Kings private meeting with Luka in all his crap stories.

I wouldn't take any merit from any info from Givony. He clearly has an agenda.

Last edited:
A player will always have a preference. If every player was able to play for only the big city teams, there would be like 6 teams in the NBA.

Prospects are under no obligation to interview or take a meeting with any team, i.e. see Bamba and JJJ.

A private dinner would be the equivalent of a private workout at this point, because Doncic was in the middle of his Euro season. He's not going to do a workout for anyone.

I highly doubt he took a private meeting to personally tell the Kings he won't play for them.

Givony conveniently leaves out the fact of the Kings private meeting with Luka in all his crap stories.

I wouldn't take any merit from any info from Givony. He clearly has an agenda.
A private dinner does not equal a workout. Could be he told Vlade and Vivek that he respects them but really has no interest playing in sac. Just playing devil's advocate here. All things considered it's a good sign he had dinner with them.

A private dinner does not equal a workout. Could be he told Vlade and Vivek that he respects them but really has no interest playing in sac.
Since Doncic was in the middle of the season, the best he could do would be to sit down for a meeting with with a team.

Also, players have agents to tell teams they won't play for a team. They're not going to chose to have a dinner with them to do it face to face.

Since Doncic was in the middle of the season, the best he could do would be to sit down for a meeting with with a team.

Also, players have agents to tell teams they won't play for a team. They're not going to chose to have a dinner with them to do it face to face.
I'm in business.... Sometimes you try not to accept no for an answer. Kings could've said we understand you don't want to come to sac, just hear us out over a quick dinner and then we'll leave you alone if you're still not interested.

Once again, just playing devil's advocate. Probably not the case. The point is no one knows one way or another.

I'm in business.... Sometimes you try not to accept no for an answer. Kings could've said we understand you don't want to come to sac, just hear us out over a quick dinner and then we'll leave you alone if you're still not interested.

Once again, just playing devil's advocate. Probably not the case. The point is no one knows one way or another.
That doesn't mean both options are equally as likely. Nobody knows one way or the other whether The Flying Spaghetti Monster exists either.

LOL at the Ideo of Luka meeting Kings FO and ownership to tell them face to face that he's not interested. He really must be a great guy if he's worried about letting them down gently.

This draft is making Kings fans lose all sense of reality.
This! Lol, we have some sort of complex, it is sad. I am just stoked we have a top 2 pick. It will be an excellent player no matter what. Let’s just be happy!

That doesn't mean both options are equally as likely. Nobody knows one way or the other whether The Flying Spaghetti Monster exists either.
They're both fairly likely though or I wouldn't be wasting my time typing. Rumor has is he didn't send the Kings his medicals, he likes big markets, and the Kings are leaning towards Bagley or porter. Combine all of that with a dinner and make what you will of it.

Just a reminder: Givony doesn't know everything. I keep remembering how many people panicked that Webber wouldn't resign with the Kings because some national talking heads swore he was headed to Detroit.

I truly cannot imagine a scenario under which Luka would have told the Kings he's not interested in playing here when so many other things show otherwise. Tons of pictures, comments, tweets, etc. show he's more than interested. Givony says he's not. Hrm. Who to believe?
After Euroligue semifinal game he mentioned Bogdan as a player he would like to play with and learn from. I'd rather trust his own words.