[Game] Game 65: Kings @ Wizards, 3/14/15 - 4:00 pdt, 7:00 edt

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Four minutes left, the big guy has fouled out, and now they're going to remember how to play the freaking game? Yeah, that's gonna work.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Man, if any NBA franchise is in dire need of a top pick, it's us. At least Philly plays together and doesn't give up. We need a lot more talent to win.
and the best way to get talent right now is to land a top 3 pick because otherwise we won't get that impact player and most likely will trade the pick for one.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Man, if any NBA franchise is in dire need of a top pick, it's us. At least Philly plays together and doesn't give up. We need a lot more talent to win.
Top pick won't save us in time.

Draft picks are not the answer. Cousins can't wait another 3 years.

The funny thing is, there are still 3 pillar pieces in town in Cousins, Karl and Gay, that talentwise SHOULD be able to win...if the front office fixed the rest and then just died and went away and allowed things to take their natural course.

Last edited:
As I already answered you yesterday I judge Malone by his full 11-13 record this season and even without cousins we looked better than this.
obviously. Our guys had a year and two off-seasons under Malone. They had an idea of what was expected of them in his system.

We're on our 3rd coach playing out the end of what will be another losing season. Our guys have had all of a month playing under Karl.

I've said this before, but I'll reserve judgments until I see what we look like during preseason next year. Thats being fair to both Karl and the guys on the team

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Top pick won't save us int time.

The funny thing is, there are still 3 pillar pieces in town in Cousins, Karl and Gay, that talentwise SHOUDL be able to win...if the front office fixed the rest and then just died and went away and allowed things to take their natural course.
sorry but that's not enough to win.....when everything else around you is complete crap, two 20+ point scorers and a coach can't do it all, hell....Durant and Westbrook didn't start winning until they drafted Harden.

This is so far beyond a pick it's not even worth discussing. This is firmly entrenched in bad team design, incorrect personnel, and some flawed ideology. They have to get this team some role players that can make the game easier for Cousins and Gay.

I know Malone was good and all, but teams would have figured him out just the same and if you recall, they started to once Cousins went down. This is bad GM work here, nothing more.

The funny thing is, there are still 3 pillar pieces in town in Cousins, Karl and Gay, that talentwise SHOUDL be able to win...if the front office fixed the rest and then just died and went away and allowed things to take their natural course.
I agree. However, it is hard not to think that Willie Cauley-Stein could fix a lot of defensive issues immediately. If I am the Kings, I do everything I can to pair him with DMC and Gay.

Kings so predictable in the way they lose. Must be extremely easy to game plan against.

1) Stay relatively close, but don't worry even if Sac builds nice lead.
2) Focus 100% on Cousins, get him to foul and eventually foul out.
3) Kings are bad shooters so let them chuck all they want and because they poorly guard 3pt line serve back that in your face recipe.
4) Pull away at the end as they are undisciplined, will give away the game in second half - Kings loser MO.

Idk. You give us Russell and he could be the difference in the playoffs. This team lacks talent. If you have to, then put Ben on the trading block. I think he's still another season away. Trade him for someone who can contribute now, or a draft pick that can contribute now.

Man, seriously? I'm done with wasting any more time this season. Shame on us all for watching. What a colossal waste of time. Go walk, run, ride a bike, something worthwhile. This sure isn't.

Well, the Kings just moved from 7th worst to 6th worst record tonight. :(
The Kings have a 6.5 game cushion on the Jazz who have the 10th worst record.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
So glad I decided to brew a Pi Day batch instead of watching the game.

Did Andre Miller get the triple double?

I agree. However, it is hard not to think that Willie Cauley-Stein could fix a lot of defensive issues immediately. If I am the Kings, I do everything I can to pair him with DMC and Gay.

You do realize that Cousins has been one of the best defensive impact bigs in the NBA this year right? Cauley-Stein might never even touch Cousins in that area. Of course he'd help but this is about the team. No one player is going to save it. Only Bratz and PDA can.