The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happens, I'll make sure all concerned get a nice serving of crow (myself included).
Same. I already did not have a good impression of this FO but with all the trade talks I thought we were heading in the right direction. Right now they've disappointed me once again. So much so that even if this "experiment" succeeds I will likely chalk it up to luck more than the FO knowing what they were doing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Same. I already did not have a good impression of this FO but with all the trade talks I thought we were heading in the right direction. Right now they've disappointed me once again. So much so that even if this "experiment" succeeds I will likely chalk it up to luck more than the FO knowing what they were doing. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Not if one of the hands has fallen off. :p

Yeah I don't like the idea of playing Nik and Ben together.
The ball-handling/passing of that back-court isn't going to get it done...and on the defensive end it isn't going to go well.
Not certain what the FO thought process is...unless a deal fell through and now they are just trying to make the best of it.

Lol. Nice try. Here is what you said earlier

He's not very good for an athletic PF. He should be able to block shots or rebound better.

I did mean both though. That's why I wasn't trying to be a dick about it because I do occasionally make errors. Occasionally...........

This was my post that SDB was referring to. The other post I made as I was leaving work..

I would have preferred someone that could have blocked some shots and rebounded...

Looks like our front office is taking a breather. Even saw one guy with a plate full of food. Hope you all are enjoying your draft day like they are!
They continue to get paid no matter what cr*p is on the floor. Fans will forever be thankful to this ownership group for keeping the Kings in Sacramento and will never stop supporting the team.

Well Boston just took Young, so it's highly unlikely Ben goes there for one of their PGs. Maybe they just want to groom Smart behind Rondo for a while before flipping Rondo for someone else.

Hating draft night so far. Going to take something to turn this around.

It's days like today that I hate the Kings fan base.
Why? Because we are sick of moves that have led to 8 straight (and probably counting) years in the lottery? I get the fact that the online crowd can get whiny (myself included) but at some point, clearly the most optimistic fans can see where the frustration comes from.

And just to be clear, I really respect you as a poster.

I did mean both though. That's why I wasn't trying to be a dick about it because I do occasionally make errors. Occasionally...........

This was my post that SDB was referring to. The other post I made as I was leaving work..
Understandable. So you ARE ok with his rebounding? It seemed like you thought he should be a better rebounder and shot blocker.

I don't understand why people here got the idea that playing Stauskas and Ben together means playing them at SG and PG. I believe it means they can play together with a PG. Yes, it will be a small lineup, but you can use a small lineup for short periods during the games. The Spurs do that too with Parker, Ginobili and Belinelli or Green.

If we keep Ben I believe he will be better, especially on D. So will be Ray.

I'm also sure that there would be people complaining about the pick even if we drafted anybody else in this draft.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Why? Because we are sick of moves that have led to 8 straight (and probably counting) years in the lottery? I get the fact that the online crowd can get whiny (myself included) but at some point, clearly the most optimistic fans can see where the frustration comes from.

And just to be clear, I really respect you as a poster.
Overreactionary fanbases in general. Pretty much true for every sport except baseball.

I suppose I'm just willing to give things time is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.