The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Stauskas will bomb. He'll be able to play in the league. I just feel you can get a shooter guard pretty easily in FA. You can't get players like Vonleh or Payton easily.

I think that my greatest frustration is that this team has had three glaring weaknesses for many years. For over a decade really.

1. Distributing PG
2. Small Forward of any worth
3. Shotblocker

Outside of SF, these continue to be ignored problems. Two different organizations, but the same mistakes over and over. At a certain point, you have to look at all those years of losing and ask "Why constant hole has the team had?" and then fill that hole.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Ah.. and there it is

Deuce Mason @DeuceMason

Malone tells us he sees similarities between Stauskas and Klay Thompson.
Just shoot me now. Golden State has won nothing yet, guys. They spent a boatload of money this year and made no progress whatsoever in the playoffs. I didn't want to believe we were chasing that ghost train in the first place but it seems I gave these guys too much credit.

I still don't get it, and I'm trying really hard to. Shooters can be had in FA, and Ben was drafted as a shooter. He actually had identical numbers to Nik but more rebounds and less assists. Ben showed more potential IMO, but Nik can handle it and pass better. Doesn't make sense no matter how you try to justify it.

We can't keep ignoring defense. Well, WE can, but that's why we're consistently bottom dwellers. I'd imagine we'll get at least a second rounder, but no idea who we'll take. Everyone I like is gone. No interest in the 2nd rounder types that we worked out.

Guys.. guys.. what if this works out and the FO end up looking like gods? Gotta think positive. Just wait, we're gonna crush the Summer League. Idk about the regular season though.

I still don't get it, and I'm trying really hard to. Shooters can be had in FA, and Ben was drafted as a shooter. He actually had identical numbers to Nik but more rebounds and less assists. Ben showed more potential IMO, but Nik can handle it and pass better. Doesn't make sense no matter how you try to justify it.

We can't keep ignoring defense. Well, WE can, but that's why we're consistently bottom dwellers. I'd imagine we'll get at least a second rounder, but no idea who we'll take. Everyone I like is gone. No interest in the 2nd rounder types that we worked out.
2 words for you. splash bros.

the FO is predictable.

pick low hanging fruit and mimic the franchise you just left.

Clearly have no idea who Stauskas is as a player
Easy. I'm not a guy comparing him to Jimmer. He's got a versatile offensive game for a SG. He's an underrated athlete. But at the end of the day, I still don't believe a defensively challenged 2 is a huge need for us, when we just drafted one last year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Guys.. guys.. what if this works out and the FO end up looking like gods? Gotta think positive. Just wait, we're gonna crush the Summer League. Idk about the regular season though.
If that happens, I'll make sure all concerned get a nice serving of crow (myself included).

Yeah, good luck with that Mike. SMH.

I'd imagine they had the exact same thought about Ben last year - more athletic Klay. That's what happens when FO becomes obsessed with replicating their past.
analytics say you should replicate the past or the FO had chinese food and the fortunate cookie said stauskas

Very classy move by Silver and the NBA.

I didn't want any part of Austin when watching him play, but I did feel bad when I heard that he was going to be unable to play in the NBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.