The Official NBA Draft Day Thread 2014 Edition

During the offseason, I've...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Kingsfans.com Excuse the rabid frothing right now. We get excited sometimes. We may rant and rave here but we will give Nik a fantastic welcome and give him a chance to prove himself.

Haha I was that way when we drafted Jimmer. This pick gives me another reason to get to the home games.

Born and raised in MI, but I've been a Kings fan since the Mitch Richmond days.

Don't think that's how its going to go. Colossal waste of two lottery picks in a row to struggle to put together one decent SG --- SG!!! -- between them.
I really like Stauskas, but you're absolutely correct that it's two high draft picks for what will end up as only one SG.
Since we did draft Stauskas I am really hoping we can turn Ben into a PG or defensive big. That would end up making this a successful draft.
If we end the day exactly like this, it will be difficult to see what we're trying to do with both Ben and Nik.

Well, a SG with better than average handles is a little flexible, and a hell of a lot more useful than a poor guy like Jimmer, who was a PG with bad handles. Stauskas is 6'6". so if he can provide any ballhandling help at all its a bonus of the Doug Christie kind. Of course if he can't defend anybody it doesn't matter if he's 6'6" or 5'6".
Again, I like his flexibility. Hell, I like Stauskus. Just don't think there obsession with guys that can do a little extra on offense is worth as much as focusing on things like the fact that these guys don't defend their own positions well, let alone others.

dude12

Hall of Famer
As of right now, without any further moves and assuming we resign IT, Stauskus would have the shoot in the pros like he did in college for us to even think about .500 ball.....and Ben has to take a next step. Looks like a 30 win season as of right now.....more moves please

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Haha I was that way when we drafted Jimmer. This pick gives me another reason to get to the home games.

Born and raised in MI, but I've been a Kings fan since the Mitch Richmond days.
So it was an interesting day for you when we traded Mitch for Webber, right? ;)

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
I think this is the last year I care about the draft. I've been sold the same line way too many times and it usually ends up the same way. We could have thrown a dart at a board and made a smarter pick. This makes sense on no level. The whole NBA draft 3.0 video where Malone talked about needing a shooter to space the floor seemed like a red herring to me. This is Mike Malone after all. The day we brought this guy to the team he talked nothing but defense. If he's saying we need a shooter and that's what we get, I give up. Whatever happens happens. I'm glad Sacramento still has a team. This might not be our decade, but I plan to live awhile longer. :)

Sadly I think our front office is overmatched. The only 2 major moves they've "succeeded" on involved gambling on guys whose value had major problems. They need to make a move that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.