Youngman speaks out/Organizational handling of injuries (merged)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Wonder what Grant will say if/when this is brought up to him. During one of his Bagley rants he also called out every single “idiot and moron” who had something negative to say about the current training staff.

I’m pretty sure Youngman with all his experience and expertise is neither of those things.
There was already an exchange on Twitter when someone formerly with the organization called Grant out about how he characterized Youngman's departure. If you follow me, I believe I may have commented on it at the time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
So...after the whole thing explodes on Twitter, the organization finally issues a statement about Bagley and Holmes? Coincidence? I think not.

I said it in the Bagley thread, but we went from being so confident in Mr. Youngman’s abilities that we spent a #20 pick on Harry Giles, to a staff that cannot keep our franchise cornerstone #2 pick healthy for any period of time over the last 2 years and shrouds itself in secrecy. Whomever made the decision to demote Mr. Youngman needs to be fired immediately, and our training/medical staff needs to be cleared out in April. This is the kind of garbage that drives talent away and prevents us from signing new talent. Just a horrible, horrible decision and whomever is responsible for it is so proud of their foresight that they have never publicly claimed responsibility. What a joke of an organization.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I said it in the Bagley thread, but we went from being so confident in Mr. Youngman’s abilities that we spent a #20 pick on Harry Giles, to a staff that cannot keep our franchise cornerstone #2 pick healthy for any period of time over the last 2 years and shrouds itself in secrecy. Whomever made the decision to demote Mr. Youngman needs to be fired immediately, and our training/medical staff needs to be cleared out in April. This is the kind of garbage that drives talent away and prevents us from signing new talent. Just a horrible, horrible decision and whomever is responsible for it is so proud of their foresight that they have never publicly claimed responsibility. What a joke of an organization.
It's not a secret. It's just not openly discussed. I've identified her here before, as have others.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Normally I'm not on board with hot takes, but I'll sign on with this one.

The fans, who invest time and money into a club, should be given timelines on player injuries when they occur as well as and rehabilitation updates and progress reports. I don't think they require extensive medical specifics, but timelines and availability seems reasonable.

A lot of the speculation that exists in fan forums, media etc could be averted with these updates.

The biggest fail this year—without question—is our medical/training staff. My #1 goal in April, irrespective of anything else, is to see our entire medical/training staff fired, and whomever demoted Mr. Youngman fired. This organization needs to be hoisted by its own petard. If injuries are our #1 issue this year, and that is 100% the line they are running w/ via Grant/Doug/et al, then the medical/training staff and responsible decision makers need to be fired.

That’s on top of all of our young bigs having zero upper body development. I don’t fault Marvin at all. Unfortunately for him, someone made the Mickey Mouse decision to demote Mr. Youngman right when Marvin joined the organization. It was a colossally stupid decision—entrusting the development of young bigs to a neophyte staff. Just so stupid. Whomever made that decision is either too dumb, or too focused on something other than results, to make any other basketball related decisions.

The worst thing that could happen with this situation lingering is, we are all from everywhere blaming the wrong people like the head coach or the GM for being incompetent despite the fact that players' health has everything to do with their performances.

“The Sacramento Bee has learned that an MRI revealed the tear shortly after Holmes was injured against the Golden State Warriors on Jan. 6. For 35 days, the Kings described the tear only as “an injury to the right shoulder joint” despite repeated requests for clarification from reporters who cover the team.”

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/article240193557.html#storylink=cpy

At this point, it’s fair to wonder if the team is withholding injury information to sell the fans false hope.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you want to get all the latest on this via Twitter, I'd recommend following @DrLydecia , @_petethetrainer , @SacramentoKings , @MattGeorgeKHTK and some of the others I've posted. There's something rotten in Denmark...IMHO.

That's kind of why a whole bunch of people are more than a little perturbed.
my buddy wrote a scathing, but respectful, email to his ticket rep after they finally gave the update on Bagley...1 day (or within thatb timeframe) after the renewal date...which he called happening about a week prior

my buddy wrote a scathing, but respectful, email to his ticket rep after they finally gave the update on Bagley...1 day (or within thatb timeframe) after the renewal date...which he called happening about a week prior
I'm no lawyer, so I wonder if such misinformation would be grounds to void the renewal?