Worst Loss of the Season

What was the biggest loss of the season?

• 11/10/04- Kings get blown out in Seattle, 108-78

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 01/08/05- Kings lose to the lowly Hornets in OT, 113-107

Votes: 9 9.2%
  • 01/23/05- Blown out by the Spurs in ARCO, 103-73

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • 02/08/05- Amare "blocks" game-tying shot, Kings lose 125-123

Votes: 19 19.4%
  • 02/11/05- Dallas' Dampier "blocks" a shot off the backboard, Kings lose 115-113

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • 03/01/05- Kings lose to the lowly Bobcats, 94-87

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 04/18/05- Kings lose to the lowly Jazz, clinch 6th seed- 92-82

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.2%

• Total voters

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
KingCookie said:
What do you think was the biggest loss of the year? If I didn't list your choice, tell us what you think it was.
Well, I think its clear to say you didn't list my choice. :)

I assume you wanted to add a poll?

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I went with the Spurs loss in January -- I think that was really a franchise turner. The same way the early season defeat of Phoenix in Phoenix was huge and saved us from panicking and making changes for several months, that Spurs game was the beginning of the end. We'd come into it on a pretty good roll -- had won 6 in a row -- had hope that Cat was the missing piece, were actually looking forward to the showdown and potentially making a move up the rankings, and that loss, combined with the swarm of injuries that started that night, just entirely deflated us and sent us spiraling for a month until the second trade happened, and we've been a .500 team ever since. We were 27-11 before that night. We are 22-21 since then. Devastating turning point loss killed our confidence.

Last edited:
god there are so many good ones...I have to think about this

Its probably for me gonna come down to the blow out in Seattle or the blowout at home to the Spurs...the latter was humilating cuz it was AT HOME but at the same time it was the Spurs...

The loss to the Bobcats doesn't really bother me...nothing went right for us in that game and if we play like that any team would beat us....too many turnovers every possible way we could turn the ball over happened in that game...

The loss to the Hornets...though they were absolutely horrible...we did play hard in that game and we did force it to OT and lost by 2 its not like we lost by 23 to that team...

The Suns goaltending and the Dallas goaltending was heartwrenching..two games that were ours (we would have won in OT against the Suns I'm still sticking by that) but they were both vey entertaining games against two good teams and we lost by a small margin in both...unfortunately both were at home...and they did pee everyone off (I'm still not completely over it)...I just hate how Mavs fans actually count that game as a game that they like out played us or something...

The Jazz loss was just ridiculous...we should have beat them...plain and simply our effort was pathetic...but thats definetly last or near the bottom on my list if I were to rank them

Some people mentioned the loss to the Lakers in our second meeting at home...yeah that was definetly embarrasing...I thought about it for a day or two and then I was over it...and they were a better team THEN than they were nearing the end of the season...it was ridiculous that we lost...but at least we didn't lose to them twice in one week like the Mavs did :)

so who am I gonna vote for...let me think let me think...

I voted for the Seattle blowout...cuz IMO it was the uglier of the two blowouts...it was the first game the year that I actually had to turn the TV off...I stopped watching with 2+ mins left in the 3rd...that being said I also like the reasons Brick listed as to why he voted for the Spurs blowout...those two games were the worst IMO

I had to go with the Dallas non-call goaltending. Two games in a row...at home...against DALLAS of all teams...seeing Cuban prance around like a giddy schoolgirl...UGH. It was just god-awful. A real morale killer, too. And for a few weeks after that, I swear we were on the referee's S*** list for Cat's comments...

I've gotta say that there is no way I can pick one loss that was the "worst" for me. I take every game we lose hard no matter how we lost or who we lost to...and right now losses are not what I want to be thinking about...I'm trying optimism for a change ;)

teamdimechampionship said:
Losing to the Bobcats was unacceptable!
yeah but the kings have a couple of those games every year. i voted for the spurs blowout at home. that's when i knew that the 2005 kings team wasn't going anywhere.:( i'd say there's about 10 games this year where losing was unacceptable.

kingsfannPDX said:
yeah but the kings have a couple of those games every year. i voted for the spurs blowout at home. that's when i knew that the 2005 kings team wasn't going anywhere.:( i'd say there's about 10 games this year where losing was unacceptable.
I can handle getting blown out by a superior team but I can't stand losing to an expansion team with a rookie as there only good player. G-Wall and B-Knight don't start if they aren't Bobcats. I can't beleive they let Eddie House go. What were they thinking?

quick dog said:
I nominate this to be the most depressing thread of the season.
I second that nomination!...Geez, why can't someone start a "What was the best WIN of the season?"thread...come on, playoffs are coming and we need a bit of a morale booster!!

quick dog said:
I nominate this to be the most depressing thread of the season.
LOL...sorry, I tried to counteract it with a "best win" thread. But really, we learn from our mistakes, and you better believe the Kings have looked back on those losses.

Think about THIS...the Mavs, with that shot-block-that-wasn't...essentially made us play the Sonics instead of them. Or not.

A

AriesMar27

the first lost to miami.... we had like a 17 point lead, hadnt lost a game at home to an eastern opponent in like 2 years and it was against the hottest team in the league.... not to mention seeing damon _the 2nd ugliest baller on earth" jones hit wide open 3's all game long..... that sucked big time for me....

yeah kinda gave up the lead late in that game ^^ another game along those lines was the first loss to Minny at home...the momentum had shifted in our favor and then they spent 4-5 minutes working on the shot clock cuz it went off...they never got it to work and had to go to the PA guy to call it out...lame

I was at the OT loss to the "lowly Hornets." While it stinks that we lost it, seeing Bibby tie at the end of regulation was AWESOME. Anyway . . . I usually remember our wins better and forget the losses as much as possible!

iheartBrad said:
I voted for the Seattle blowout...cuz IMO it was the uglier of the two blowouts...it was the first game the year that I actually had to turn the TV off...I stopped watching with 2+ mins left in the 3rd...that being said I also like the reasons Brick listed as to why he voted for the Spurs blowout...those two games were the worst IMO
I bought near courtside seats for that game. I'd never seen a pro game with a high school game view. The game was TERRIBLE. I don't mind watching the Kings lose if it's a good game, but that one was terrible. THe game where Danny Fortson threw the chair was a great one. We still lost, but it was competitive.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
At this point, I'm looking forward towards the playoffs. I, for one, am not ready to regurgitate the losses of the regular season because they no longer matter.

And for people who say certain losses were unacceptable what the bleep are you talking about? Unacceptable? Meaning what? You don't include them in the statistics?

You accept the wins AND the losses, it's part of being a fan of the team. The team lives with the highs and lows and so do we...

Can't we just be happy we're in the playoffs and save the depressing stuff like this for TDOS?

VF21 said:
At this point, I'm looking forward towards the playoffs. I, for one, am not ready to regurgitate the losses of the regular season because they no longer matter.

And for people who say certain losses were unacceptable what the bleep are you talking about? Unacceptable? Meaning what? You don't include them in the statistics?

You accept the wins AND the losses, it's part of being a fan of the team. The team lives with the highs and lows and so do we...

Can't we just be happy we're in the playoffs and save the depressing stuff like this for TDOS?
Unacceptable from the coaches standpoint, the Maloofs standpoint, and the players standpoint. The same was as not trying in practice is unacceptable.