Woj - Kings Simmons pursuit OVER

Oh well. I’m still leaning Turner and seeing about prying away someone like Moody from GS. The latter, just being a serious youth movement.

at this point I’m close to expecting the B’s might get moved in the offseason. We’re at rock bottom already and if anything keeping Buddy around the rest of the season might be better for the tank than shipping him out for a pick. No trades and plummeting towards a bottom 5 record is an acceptable outcome if we can still get them moved around the draft

Simmons is a player who is worth a gamble - at the right price. It's been pretty clear that Morey's price tag has been way too high. So let Morey deal with the sidelined superstar. I'm losing zero sleep over it.
For Fox? He’ll yea! For Hali? Kick rocks.

But the Kings are still desperate, so watch Monte go and screw things up.

now im hearing rumors of tampering with morey and harden. morey giving everyone impossible demands that no one sane would take and he can tell philly that he tried but no one wanted to pay up. then wait til the offseason and go after harden

Btw, I think we need to keep in mind that sometimes there's a motive to things like this, this could easily be a negotiation tactic by the Kings.

Otherwise what's the reason to intentionally leak this to the public , two weeks before the deadline ?

Monte could have easily just said no to Morey privately but instead went to the media to get this to go public.

Why ?

Btw, I think we need to keep in mind that sometimes there's a motive to things like this, this could easily be a negotiation tactic by the Kings.

Otherwise what's the reason to intentionally leak this to the public , two weeks before the deadline ?

Monte could have easily just said no to Morey privately but instead went to the media to get this to go public.

Why ?
Because Monte has gotten his face shoved the dirt by other GM's more than once in his young career. Hopefully this is his way of saying that the rookie hazing is over. haha.

Good for Monte. Morey was trying to use the Kings desperation to leverage other teams to get Philly a better deal.

Philly was never going to deal Simmons to the Kings unless they got back a ridiculous package of like 5 unprotected 1st round picks and Hali. No Thanks.

Making it public that the Kings are out of the Simmons running is going to drive Morey's leverage way down.

Simmons is a player who is worth a gamble - at the right price. It's been pretty clear that Morey's price tag has been way too high. So let Morey deal with the sidelined superstar. I'm losing zero sleep over it.
No-lose scenario here and it shows Monte is learning. Deliberate leak we're out on Simmons so we can't be used to leverage other trades now. Maybe Philly comes crawling back at the deadline if they're desperate to make a push with Embiid having an MVP caliber season and them being near the top of the eastern conference again.

This has been my stance all along.

Simmons is surely worth trading for, but not anywhere near the price Daryl Morey believes he’s entitled to receive in return.

If the 3 seasons remaining on Simmons bloated contract is what Morey truly believes gives him “leverage” than he’s even worse at this gig than I already knew him to be.

I hope no other org gets desperate and bails him out. I’d love to see that short-cutting org continue to receive the karma they so richly deserve.

Yeah, as others have said at the right price... but there are just too many risks and things that can go wrong with stretching it.
Regroup and see what else is out there, or just be patient and wait for draft time with high pick options.

If we are gonna gamble and bet the farm, at least do it on a player that isn't an unpredictable head case.

This has been my stance all along.

Simmons is surely worth trading for, but not anywhere near the price Daryl Morey believes he’s entitled to receive in return.

If the 3 seasons remaining on Simmons bloated contract is what Morey truly believes gives him “leverage” than he’s even worse at this gig than I already knew him to be.

I hope no other org gets desperate and bails him out. I’d love to see that short-cutting org continue to receive the karma they so richly deserve.
30-19 kinda karma?