Woj: Kings let Bogi go

Lost everone for nothing. You are telling me len wasnt worth $2M? How about Harry being worth the minimum? Bazemore i can understand because when they go small they run a 3 guard set with Barnes at 4 and Bagley or Bjeli at 5 and you have 3 young rookies that can fill that gap. But for God's sake, you have to film your roster and you have a guy like giles willing to play for the minimum! And you let him walk? The fact it took them until the end of the deadline to turn down the option to match Bogie tells me they either have no clue what direction they want to go OR their is already tremendous in fighting amongst the leadership.
what is the point of those guys if they add a win or two next season and then we let them walk.

WE'RE TANKING. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.

Now Tyrese can get the minutes to develop properly from jump street, while Buddy can get back to form and net us reasonable assets.

Good Buddy assets midseason = Underperforming Buddy + Underperforming Bogi assets end of season. Plus we’ll have an on-track Tyrese.

Best of a bad situation IMO.
yeah he will learn tons from Buddy just nothing good.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Because you need assets to get assets. OKC gets assets on trades going out and going in.

Typical horrendous decision by the Kangz. Worst organization in all of sports. You knew how much space they had left. It didn’t take a genius to figure out they would put poison pills in the contract.

1) if you weren’t willing to match you should have done a sign and trade for a 2nd and a TPE.

2) if you wanted to hang tough then for that amount you should have planned ahead and been ready to sign.

either approach would have been reasonable. To hang on for nothing and not get even a TPE show another GM in over his head.

I’m not sure I have another 5 years to wait for the next GM.
The new GM is kicking ass. You may want to stick around

And we will probably get more for Buddy without Bogi blocking him. Or there's the less that likely chance that Fox/Buddy/Haliburton are magic and Buddy's liabilities are covered by Fox and Haliburton.
No way in hell. Buddy’s contract is untradeable. This is it for me. I’m done with stupid GM’s. Perhaps I will return in 3 years to say I told you so when you are still in the lottery and Buddy is on the team

SLAB

Hall of Famer
what is the point of those guys if they add a win or two next season and then we let them walk.

WE'RE TANKING. THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE.
The only one that bothers me about that is Giles who’s upside and youth I still love, but I feel there was burnt bridges that there were no coming back from. It is what it is and the jerk that burnt the bridge is long gone so whatever.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
and aside from the fact we are finally tanking like so many people have plead for let me reiterate and scream it loud:
WE'RE DOING IT IN A YEAR THAT WILL NOT HARM SEASON TICKET HOLDERS.

That has always been my one and only criticism of "the process".
Kings fans since 2006: “we need to get rid of all our old dudes and tank!”
Kings fans now that we’re tanking and focusing on young players in a year without fans and tons of COVID restrictions: “why are we getting rid of our old players???”

No way in hell. Buddy’s contract is untradeable. This is it for me. I’m done with stupid GM’s. Perhaps I will return in 3 years to say I told you so when you are still in the lottery and Buddy is on the team
ok, if Buddy's contract is untradeable, and Buddy and Bogi can't play together, then since we're stuck with Buddy, aren't we better off not paying an extra 18 million to make Buddy worse?

It's such a stupid name with a horrible stigma, "tanking team".

Everyone plays to win, we are just letting our future buy some current time so the future comes sooner. That's far from tanking, or the real way to put it, losing intentionally.

If the team I root for actively exploring the tanking option, I need a new team.

Well you see, we are going to play hard, with an outgunned team. And we won't have Bogi there to win us a perfectly losable game with buzzer beating heroics.

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Everyone plays to win, we are just letting our future buy some current time so the future comes sooner. That's far from tanking, or the real way to put it, losing intentionally.

If the team I root for actively exploring the tanking option, I need a new team.
I believe in the greater good if the tank job gets you there. I’m 100% in on the Niners tanking this stupid season away to draft a QB just like I was a few years back when they should have tanked and got Myles Garrett instead of freakin’ Solomon Thomas.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Right. This isn’t Hinkie tanking for four seasons in a row. This is one season without fans that is also acting as a season for us to reset the roster and retool around Fox

Right. This isn’t Hinkie tanking for four seasons in a row. This is one season without fans that is also acting as a season for us to reset the roster and retool around Fox
Not only that, but we'll open up cap space for what is potentially a good free agent crop, or have room to trade later in the year. But the roster is open for our young guys to shine. That includes Bagley, if he is healthy, there is no reason to scrub him to chase an 8 seed, because we won't be sniffing it.