Woj: Kings let Bogi go

Adrian Wojnarowski - "The Sacramento Kings have declined to match the Atlanta Hawks’ four-year, $72 million offer sheet for restricted free agent guard Bogdan Bogdanovic, sources tell ESPN."

message me. Happy to put $100 on it.
Come on man, I know it didn’t go the way you wanted but at least give Monte a year before you decide he sucks. I thought his team did a fantastic job with the draft and that alone is huge for our franchise. We still have assets to move. belly and Cojo could definitely go at the break. If Hali breaks out, I could see Buddy getting moved at the break but it won’t surprise me is he turns it around and ends up on the roster next year. You yourself expect the kings to have a top 5 pick next year and with the right talent evaluation we could really have something soon.

Not a bad rebounder as well, so don't pretend Buddy does nothing.
Really, the main thing people seem to forget (even Kings fans, which is surprising since national media I can understand them not watching much Kings games, but our own fanbase forgetting this is a little embarrassing) is that Buddy Hield was misused by Luke Walton.

He played all 82 games in 2018-19, first and foremost. 42% 3pt range (56% effective). 2.5 ast, 1.8 TO, and 5 rebounds per game are good numbers for his position.

I mean, put yourself in his shoes, if you did that well one year, and suddenly new bosses are entertaining putting you on the bench, you'd have to at least ask, are they using me correctly?

$18m a year for Bogi wasn’t outrageous and I think the Kings could’ve matched and gotten some assets down the line for Buddy and Bogi. So I think not matching is dumb.
It is 100% absolutely dumb. Mannix and Marks are thinking logically, Shelbourne not so much.

Blocking team building approach? Give me a break. Especially when the supposed logjam of unhappy players would be rectified at some point soon.

Same asinine reasoning kept Vlade — allegedly — from drafting #77. Because the team already had a PG and primary ball handler. Complete rubbish.

IDC if the KINGS have 10 guards on the roster. They aren’t going to the Finals anytime soon and are clearly in rebuild mode again. So how exactly does keeping Bogdan on the roster a while longer in order to trade him or Buddy when the market heats up again at the deadline hurt the “movement”?

It doesn’t.

Lastly, I LMAO at KINGS fan that lobbied not to match that typically whine and cry about the FO not maximizing or acquiring assets. Hypocrites.

Why fans care so freaking much about how much players make and the salary cap is beyond me. It ain’t your money! Last I checked the KINGS have never missed out on a top flight FA because they had cap issues. We don’t get top FA’s anyway, right?

Furthermore all most fans do is complain about the moderate FA’s they do sign and overpay anyway — so why the eff do they care about this? I mean, by matching Bogdanovic they then couldn’t go make another dumb overpriced FA signing, right?

Unbelievable.

STRIKE ONE for the new FO.

Really, the main thing people seem to forget (even Kings fans, which is surprising since national media I can understand them not watching much Kings games, but our own fanbase forgetting this is a little embarrassing) is that Buddy Hield was misused by Luke Walton.

He played all 82 games in 2018-19, first and foremost. 42% 3pt range (56% effective). 2.5 ast, 1.8 TO, and 5 rebounds per game are good numbers for his position.

I mean, put yourself in his shoes, if you did that well one year, and suddenly new bosses are entertaining putting you on the bench, you'd have to at least ask, are they using me correctly?
Buddy needs to step up and start earning his contract, no doubt. This is the year he starts getting paid. But as you said, coaching plays a big part too.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
It is 100% absolutely dumb. Mannix and Marks are thinking logically, Shelbourne not so much.

Blocking team building approach? Give me a break. Especially when the supposed logjam of unhappy players would be rectified at some point soon.

Same asinine reasoning kept Vlade — allegedly — from drafting #77. Because the team already had a PG and primary ball handler. Complete rubbish.

IDC if the KINGS have 10 guards on the roster. They aren’t going to the Finals anytime soon and are clearly in rebuild mode again. So how exactly does keeping Bogdan on the roster a while longer in order to trade him or Buddy when the market heats up again at the deadline hurt the “movement”?

It doesn’t.

Lastly, I LMAO at KINGS fan that lobbied not to match that typically whine and cry about the FO not maximizing or acquiring assets. Hypocrites.

Why fans care so freaking much about how much players make and the salary cap is beyond me. It ain’t your money! Last I checked the KINGS have never missed out on a top flight FA because they had cap issues. We don’t get top FA’s anyway, right?

Furthermore all most fans do is complain about the moderate FA’s they do sign and overpay anyway — so why the eff do they care about this? I mean, by matching Bogdanovic they then couldn’t go make another dumb overpriced FA signing, right?

Unbelievable.
Signing free agents isn’t the only way to utilize cap space

That roster may have made the playoffs if not for the shutdown. Doubt we could have done much more than that, however. So I’m good with Monte’s plan, even if that requires letting Bogi walk.
I don't think so. Teams were starting to figure things out and there wasn't enough talent in Waltons rotation to change it.

I feel the media are really not taking into account Buddy and Bogi nuking each other’s value for another half season, in addition to the lost time for Haliburton.
They also aren't taking into account that Atlantas locker room and rotation issues could very well make Vlades stacking look like childs play.

No way in hell. Buddy’s contract is untradeable. This is it for me. I’m done with stupid GM’s. Perhaps I will return in 3 years to say I told you so when you are still in the lottery and Buddy is on the team
Last year you were all up in arms about Bogi playing international comp games and how that led to his injury propensities and poor play for the Kings, now you are finished as a Kings fan because Monte passed on paying a 28 yo unathletic guard 4/72 that has had inconsistent play and health. Sweet

Because you need assets to get assets. OKC gets assets on trades going out and going in.

Typical horrendous decision by the Kangz. Worst organization in all of sports. You knew how much space they had left. It didn’t take a genius to figure out they would put poison pills in the contract.

1) if you weren’t willing to match you should have done a sign and trade for a 2nd and a TPE.

2) if you wanted to hang tough then for that amount you should have planned ahead and been ready to sign.

either approach would have been reasonable. To hang on for nothing and not get even a TPE show another GM in over his head.

I’m not sure I have another 5 years to wait for the next GM.
Reasonable left when Vlade wasted the time he did and let Walton sink the values of every player he backed up the brinks truck for.

This isn't NBA 2K. Having a few disgruntled guys in your team will not do anyone anything good (besides, as you were alluring, for the team to trade them later), especially your new clean slate rookies who represent the future. Especially for team sports, the uncertainty for everyone while having 10 guards all working daily trying to make the team/starting lineup alongside toxic players is how you lose your talents long term.

Unbelievable.
Easy there on the fans. Breathe, sit down, and drink some water.

It doesn’t.

Unbelievable.

STRIKE ONE for the new FO.
we've been fans since day one. I appreciate you not liking this move, I really do. But how many times in 35 years have we seen it work in our favor? We have maybe had 5 trades that we definitively won in 35 years. (Rock, Webber, Miller, Artest, Buddy) Of those 5, we took Webber and Artest on as last chance reclamations and Buddy was trashed up and down until Cousins went down with a career altering injury a year later. Miller was a S&T deal, which really only leaves Richmond as the only blatantly favorable trade in our history, and that is because our top draft pick (#3 overall, the 3rd highest in our Sacramento history) refused to play for us.

I get that it is a bitter pill, but really if the reality was trading him last season for KCP or Kuzma, would you have been happier?

also, consider what we got for IT and for Reke. Losing a RFA is always painful. We're getting a fresh start, and just based on the draft this GM seems a mile ahead of anyone we've had since the Maloofs started overruling Petrie.

Last year you were all up in arms about Bogi playing international comp games and how that led to his injury propensities and poor play for the Kings, now you are finished as a Kings fan because Monte passed on paying a 28 yo unathletic guard 4/72 that has had inconsistent play and health. Sweet
When they just literally tried to trade him before it was even legal to do so. I mean, writing on the wall much? Blame Atlanta and Bogdan. Atlanta especially getting it out in the media that they were disappointed because they were going to pay him, haha. Blame Walton for tanking the values of everything he touches. McNair had no choice good for him, he's sticking to his plan. THIS is called flexibility. That is until he signs Whiteside to a 5 year full MLE deal of course! haha.

Good teams don't let their assets go for nothing! > KANGZ > Well at least we can let the youngs play > trust the process > In Monty we trust

The steps the fans must go through...some are a little further along then others
(I'm at the beginning :()

When they just literally tried to trade him before it was even legal to do so. I mean, writing on the wall much? Blame Atlanta and Bogdan. Atlanta especially getting it out in the media that they were disappointed because they were going to pay him, haha. Blame Walton for tanking the values of everything he touches. McNair had no choice good for him, he's sticking to his plan. THIS is called flexibility. That is until he signs Whiteside to a 5 year full MLE deal of course! haha.
Lol, can't wait.