Woj: Kings let Bogi go

I’d like to reiterate that despite my pleas for him to walk, I do think in the RIGHT SITUATION (like the Bucks) Bogi could probably be an excellent role player.

Just any team where he is a de-facto lead dog... that team is a horrible team. And it doesn’t help he seems to try to do way too much in the role. If he was a clear third/fourth fiddle and not always forcing trying to do too much? Probably solid. We’ll see how he fits in with ATL.

I obviously didn’t want him on this team, but I wish him no ill will at all.
$18m a year for Bogi wasn’t outrageous and I think the Kings could’ve matched and gotten some assets down the line for Buddy and Bogi. So I think not matching is dumb.

But Bogi would’ve likely made the Kings another treadmill team instead of a full tanking team, so l’m happy the Kings are going into a full tank.

Now let’s trade Buddy and all celebrate together. The sooner Buddy is gone, the better.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
$18m a year for Bogi wasn’t outrageous and I think the Kings could’ve matched and gotten some assets down the line for Buddy and Bogi. So I think not matching is dumb.

But Bogi would’ve likely made the Kings another treadmill team instead of a full tanking team, so l’m happ6 the Kings are going into a full tank.

Now let’s trade Buddy and all celebrate together. The sooner Buddy is gone, the better.
I’m with you on that. There was a brief moment a while back when I let my guard down and let Buddy win me over, but that’s long since passed. Good riddance as well. Hopefully there’s a decent return if he can get back to his 43% self and not stick his foot in his mouth for the next few months. Tall order on that second one, no doubt.

Giles gone
Basemore gone
Len gone
Bogie gone
All gone for nada not one asset
You suck Monte
1. Vlade's fault
2. Duh. Why would he not link with a contender?
3. Again duh. Link with a contender.
4. Again, Vlade's fault. Bogie should have been dealt at the deadline and I'm not going to put it on McNair that the great trade he had on the docket got leaked; forcing the deal dead. From everything reported; we didn't leak a thing.

Never heard so much griping about "losing an asset" that you really didn't have much control over in the first place. People realize that a S&T only works as a RFA if Bogi agrees to it? Don't recall nearly this much griping after every failed draft pick, trade and Free Agent signing that Vlade made.

So far, I'm incredibly encouraged. Home-run draft, Fox inked and McNair is correctly identifying that this team sucks and needs a reset.

Because we got nothing in return
The best the Kings could do before Bogi signed an offer sheet with Atlanta was DiVincenzo and filler.

I'm not sure how matching a contract with a 15% trade kicker would have somehow made him a more appealing trade asset.

Letting Buddy start and put up numbers will likely give him more trade value than continuing to bench him for Bogi and then trying to trade them both.

Because neither of them was ever going to be part of the Kings long-term plans.

Len, Giles, and Bazemore were all unrestricted free agents. There was no way the Kings could get any value for any of them.

1. Vlade's fault
4. Again, Vlade's fault. Bogie should have been dealt at the deadline and I'm not going to put it on McNair that the great trade he had on the docket got leaked; forcing the deal dead. From everything reported; we didn't leak a thing.

Never heard so much griping about "losing an asset" that you really didn't have much control over in the first place. People realize that a S&T only works as a RFA if Bogi agrees to it? Don't recall nearly this much griping after every failed draft pick, trade and Free Agent signing that Vlade made.

So far, I'm incredibly encouraged. Home-run draft, Fox inked and McNair is correctly identifying that this team sucks and needs a reset.
As for 1) we could have kept him at 3 million and gotten a "deal" at twice market value. Or signed his extension and paid 3x market.

Hell Harry's in Portland (or soon will be), I'll buy him lunch seems like a helluva a guy. But I think this pick was a swing for the fences and we struck out. Not so much a big deal as the fact 15 wasn't a big win either (though he was part of the deal that got us Barnes, so ...)

Because last year’s roster was so awesome?
Because you need assets to get assets. OKC gets assets on trades going out and going in.

Typical horrendous decision by the Kangz. Worst organization in all of sports. You knew how much space they had left. It didn’t take a genius to figure out they would put poison pills in the contract.

1) if you weren’t willing to match you should have done a sign and trade for a 2nd and a TPE.

2) if you wanted to hang tough then for that amount you should have planned ahead and been ready to sign.

either approach would have been reasonable. To hang on for nothing and not get even a TPE show another GM in over his head.

I’m not sure I have another 5 years to wait for the next GM.

1. Vlade's fault

1 Offer 2yrs even 3mil a yr and some love he would have stayed gone for min?
2 he said he wanted to stay again 2 yrs prob 5 m we woul have stayed
3 same as 1
4. Starter gone for NOTHING

Opportunity cost of retaining Bogi:
1) ill fit with Hield hampers ability to trade both, Hield will likely net more as result
2) lost playing time for Haliburton
3) Luke Walton trying to save his job by getting wins trying to solve 1 creating more 2
4) securing a top 5 draft pick

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
not matching Bogdanovic was the right move. McNair tried to get an asset in the failed trade against Milwaukee, which is still under investigation. Not having Bogdanovic on the team even until the trade deadline might put the Kings too far back in the lottery standings so if the plan is to tank for a top 5 pick then the moves in the offseason thus far have been towards that goal, as for filling out the remaining roster spots, McNair can always bring in a G-League player or two to scrap for minutes and one year deals to whoever else is available.

Lost everone for nothing. You are telling me len wasnt worth $2M? How about Harry being worth the minimum? Bazemore i can understand because when they go small they run a 3 guard set with Barnes at 4 and Bagley or Bjeli at 5 and you have 3 young rookies that can fill that gap. But for God's sake, you have to film your roster and you have a guy like giles willing to play for the minimum! And you let him walk? The fact it took them until the end of the deadline to turn down the option to match Bogie tells me they either have no clue what direction they want to go OR their is already tremendous in fighting amongst the leadership.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Lost everone for nothing. You are telling me len wasnt worth $2M? How about Harry being worth the minimum? Bazemore i can understand because when they go small they run a 3 guard set with Barnes at 4 and Bagley or Bjeli at 5 and you have 3 young rookies that can fill that gap. But for God's sake, you have to film your roster and you have a guy like giles willing to play for the minimum! And you let him walk? The fact it took them until the end of the deadline to turn down the option to match Bogie tells me they either have no clue what direction they want to go OR their is already tremendous in fighting amongst the leadership.
We’re not trying to win this year so why are we bringing all these role players back?