• Yes, during the 2021-22 season

• Yes, during the 2022 off-season

• Yes, during the 2022-23 season

• No, but we won't extend/resign him

• No, and we will extend/resign him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very possible. I mean, a lot of fans think he's doing well just by being better than Gerbil. The bar is low in these parts.

They've got the ready made injury excuse for this past season too.
I like vlade as a person. I really do, BUT the Only way i can see vlade being successful as a GM is if he can lure scott perry out of new york to do his job for him again.

For what it’s worth getting a new GM after next year will go with Beal being on the block. As well Philadelphia losing in back to back playoffs maybe forcing them to trade Embiid. Which could mean our new GM can strike a three way to land Embiid

SLAB

Hall of Famer
For what it’s worth getting a new GM after next year will go with Beal being on the block. As well Philadelphia losing in back to back playoffs maybe forcing them to trade Embiid. Which could mean our new GM can strike a three way to land Embiid
If Embiid got traded to the Kings his back and feet would both immediately shatter upon stepping out of the plane.

Also there’s 0 chance anybody is fired Vevik will be losing money this and next year with no fans. No way he pays for a new GM/coach while paying vlade and Luke

Vlade should be out and there is probably not much question about it. For the next gm get a guy that is a forward thinking person that is looking to gain every edge he can. A good example is a guy heavily interested in analytics and understanding how the value is generated in todays gm vs some old player that relies more to his gut feeling on stuff.

Since this is a salary cap sport, the biggest advantagates for a team are competent GM and coaching. We dont have either at the moment. We also dont have above average squad talent and our flexibility is poor.

Vivek: hire a guy that has a real plan and a structure on how to turn this miserable situation into a team that makes smart moves. Get a guy thats willing to adapt on how the game is played. These former players playing gm, drafting big man after big man trying to recreate their style of play are history. Especially when they dont have any experience ar the job. It just leads to horrible decisions like the philly trade or passing on Luka ect. Get a good guy, let him/her identify a competent coach and look to be good three years from now with sustainable chance for being actually competitive playoff team.

The next 7 games will possibly give us the indicator. This is so dang annoying. Even with the blemishes of both Walton and Vlade, they are the first sings of potential stability the franchise has seen in 16 years. So close, yet so far. Get it together guys! I don't think we can make it through another reset, haha.
This doesn't matter to me in the slightest. The core is about to be a 100+ mil/season and we're like a 35-37 win team. In other words, the literal worst case scenario for a team that's kind of fighting for the 8th seed and finishing as like the 12th worst team in the NBA.

I'd be perfectly fine blowing this team up sans Fox, sucking for 2 years and building this thing the right way with a quality power structure in place. We have to look no further than what the Giants are doing in Baseball and what the 49ers were able to do in football. Both organizations put really good leaders in place and its trickled down to the players and performance on the field.

I don't think him getting fired this off-season is out of the question either. Depends how fast this sinking ship keeps going down in Orlando, but Vivek can't be happy with how this team looks with so many eyeballs on the screen and how we honestly had a real chance to make it into the playoffs.

Well - I have doubts about there being a 2021 season. Bubble won’t work for a full season.

But the Kings should think hard about sending Bagley, Buddy and our lotto pick to Chicago for Lavine and the Finnisher. Two max lite guards who can play together are way better than our current salary cap situation.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I don't think him getting fired this off-season is out of the question either. Depends how fast this sinking ship keeps going down in Orlando, but Vivek can't be happy with how this team looks with so many eyeballs on the screen and how we honestly had a real chance to make it into the playoffs.
You know, that's the funny thing about all this. Well I'm not sure funny is the right word, but this whole situation probably made it more likely that the Kings could sneak into the playoffs. All they have to do is really get up in the discussion for the 8/9 battle and the remaining schedule prior to shutdown wasn't looking promising. Things were going to get tougher and the numbers were starting to work against them.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer
I'd like to see a good argument for keeping him.

Pretend it's time for an annual review. Make the argument for keeping Vlade with the current 28-38 record.

No emotion. No feelings. No calling people haters. Make an actual professional level argument for why keeping him would improve the franchise.

I'll wait.

Am I even allowed to name the team which just locked down a playoff spot and rebuilt many times faster than the Kings, despite that opportunity hanging right in front of Vlade which he passed on. This is real world, cutthroat, high level competition. Show the results. Don't talk about woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Last edited:

SLAB

Hall of Famer

Pretend it's time for an annual review. Make the argument for keeping Vlade with the current 23-38 record.

No emotion. No feelings. No calling people haters. Make an actual professional level argument for why keeping him would improve the franchise.

I'll wait.
I got this one.

KINGS. LEGEND.

5 year extension.

Pretend it's time for an annual review. Make the argument for keeping Vlade with the current 28-38 record.

I'll wait.

Am I even allowed to name the team which just locked down a playoff spot and rebuilt many times faster than the Kings, despite that opportunity hanging right in front of Vlade which he passed on. This is real world, cutthroat, high level competition. Show the results. Don't talk about woulda, coulda, shoulda.
You already know the crap the other people spew out.

"x games isn't enough. Wait and see."

"x years isnt enough. Stop judging so fast."

"Bagley hasn't even played yet. Give it a chance first."

Status
Not open for further replies.