• Yes, during the 2021-22 season

• Yes, during the 2022 off-season

• Yes, during the 2022-23 season

• No, but we won't extend/resign him

• No, and we will extend/resign him

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I'd create a poll to get a sense for how we think Vlade's future will play out.

For everyone's knowledge, Vlade signed a 4 year extension back in April 2019. His current contract will run through the end of the 2022-23 season.

I can't find how much he is paid each year (if anyone knows I can add it to the OP).

Vlade and Walton have to both go imo. Worst GM and head coach in the league. They won't though because franchise can't afford it and they just signed extensions. Buddy Hield is gonna be the sacrificial lamb and I'm gonna be pissed. Walton has completely screwed him over in his utilizations of his talent, but it will go unnoticed by most fans.

pdxKingsFan

Hall of Famer
This isn't a "the sky is falling thread." You have the option to vote "No" ;)
Well he almost certainly will be fired or step down at some point, because that is the fate of almost all GMs.

I just don't know/care to speculate today, didn't know what the motivation was. I guess we played game one of the phony summer season last night and lost to the spurs? I'm not surprised. *shrug*

SLAB

Hall of Famer
He absolutely needs to be fired for this team to have any hope in the future. Fox will be DMC v.2 wasting away under utter incompetence.

He will get one more year.

Then "will step down" but really gets fired unless something remarkable happens next season.
I think this is what's likely. The Kings view Bagley as the 2nd half of a Bagley/Fox duo that will lead this team to the playoffs. With all the injuries, especially Bagley's, as well as a new coach, etc, I think there is one more season of leeway to hope things come together before things get blown up and Vlade/Luke are held accountable.

If Walton does get fired which would be after next year we better hope Atkinson is still available, NYK did everyone a favor not hiring him.

Go utter the words buddy Hield and all star on a non kings forum and see how it goes, you’d get laughed at probably banned for trolling. And to say over Klay Thompson come on now
actually have had the talk with numerous friends who are W’s, Laker etc fans, who love to crap on the kings, as well as folks on other sites and almost all agree with my assessment about buddy that year. Listen I get it...you dislike virtually any and every Kings player, but doesn’t make what you are saying about Buddy that season true

actually have had the talk with numerous friends who are W’s, Laker etc fans, who love to crap on the kings, as well as folks on other sites and almost all agree with my assessment about buddy that year. Listen I get it...you dislike virtually any and every Kings player, but doesn’t make what you are saying about Buddy that season true
I don’t dislike any Kings player what I don’t do is look at our players with Rose (kings) colored glasses. I don’t see how in the world a case could be made for Buddy over Klay absolutely absurd. There impact on the game isn’t in the same ball park, no matter how hot buddy got in his little run.

Vlade and Walton have to both go imo. Worst GM and head coach in the league. They won't though because franchise can't afford it and they just signed extensions. Buddy Hield is gonna be the sacrificial lamb and I'm gonna be pissed. Walton has completely screwed him over in his utilizations of his talent, but it will go unnoticed by most fans.
Buddy was out of shape and continues to make head scratching plays that cost easy buckets. His wtf moments only increase when the game is on the line. By no means am I defending Vlade/Luke but Buddy is no sacrificial lamb.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
The next 7 games will possibly give us the indicator. This is so dang annoying. Even with the blemishes of both Walton and Vlade, they are the first sings of potential stability the franchise has seen in 16 years. So close, yet so far. Get it together guys! I don't think we can make it through another reset, haha.

them going might have been possible in a normal season. But with Covid related losses hitting the Kings they don’t have money for a buy-out. Expect to see them through the end of their contracts.

I don’t dislike any Kings player what I don’t do is look at our players with Rose (kings) colored glasses. I don’t see how in the world a case could be made for Buddy over Klay absolutely absurd. There impact on the game isn’t in the same ball park, no matter how hot buddy got in his little run.
the fact you think I’m looking through rose colored glasses by saying that Buddy was playing at an all star star level that season and you could make the case he was more deserving than Klay is telling lol

gunks

Hall of Famer
I chose no and we wil resign him. I think vivek is that inept.
Very possible. I mean, a lot of fans think he's doing well just by being better than Gerbil. The bar is low in these parts.

They've got the ready made injury excuse for this past season too.

Nothing will happen during their contract. With next season most likely with no fans teams will be hurting for money. No way they pay multiple people for coach or GM.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Really? My only comment is that this will be my only comment as VF21 the fan: ...haters gotta hate.

The main reason this team always looks unprepared is because we are always firing GM's and Coaches. Either we are inept at hiring or firing. Probably both. Yes I would love it if this team looked like it knew what it was doing. Did we have to lead the league in Corona virus issues? It seemed that way. It would be nice if we were prepared for an opponent Like the Spurs or Mavs are. We have some talent. We are just gunslingers who run and gun and hope for the best. If we have a good night we win. If not well you know... Firing anyone at this point would be more Kangs. It's not over yet. Hopefully Len will be prepared to play and be a contributor.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I just don't see Vlade going anywhere for the time being, considering he recently got extended. This is Walton's first year and he is Vlade's guy so that ship will sink together. I said the same thing with Joerger and Vlade and Vlade prevailed but I can actually see it becoming reality this time around.

Status
Not open for further replies.