Will the Kings end the season a .500 team?

Will the Kings end the season a .500 team?

• No, so close yet so far away.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No, we will end the season a winning team!

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Yes, on the dot.

Votes: 34 69.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There’s a path there. It will be tough since Houston, Portland, and Utah will likely still be jockeying for position to the very end(so no catching them resting all their players) but I can see the Kings winning one of those and hopefully taking care of business with NOP and Cleveland.

Portland down two starters and on a second night of a back to back cannot entice you?
2-3

Utah and Houston still fighting for playoff positioning.

Blazers look like a first round out now. But, it’s their last home game of the season.
Lillard just might put on one of his patented nuclear performances.
He’s up for an extension and a Supermax.
He has every
Intention to stay with the Blazers.
How can you not love a player like that.

dude12

Hall of Famer
2-3

Blazers look like a first round out now. But, it’s their last home game of the season.
He has every
Oh.....he’s so loyal......because of the potential Supermax. That buys a lot of loyalty

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Portland down two starters and on a second night of a back to back cannot entice you?
Dame Lillard is enough to get it done and @Portland is a tough place to win. Kings lost to the Pelicans without any starters other than Randle playing, so best believe they can lose to anyone not named the Knicks or Suns.

2-3

He has every
So were the Spurs.

Only symbolic now.....even if not, it doesn't really matter as a game or 2 off .500 is still close enough. Its been a good season historically but hollowed out by their late slump to a fair degree. It brings about some skepticism with the trade. Unless Barnes has a renaissance in his play on offense, they aren't paying him all-star salary for slightly above average play the season after next. This is exactly the same question they will deal with this offseason with Stein. His play and team continuity warrants going after him, but if he has an inflated sense of his salary-worth, they may have to cut bait. Its difficult though because either way you look at it, Stein is still the Kings best front-court on the ball-defender - his lateral quickness is elite for his size - maybe the best in the league. FTs are a big bugaboo though.

Yes. The Kings should win both their home games. Pels want to lose and may have to sit their entire starting line-up to do it. Blazers will likely rest players on the second night of a back to back heading into the play-offs. I see us 3-2.

Got to get to .500

At the very least we need to hang our hat on the fact that we made it after over a decade

My playoff dream might have ended but ill drive to sac and spend a weekend celebrating the dawn of a new era should we reach .500

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I think on the dot but I do think it's time to shift the focus towards seeing what Frank and Swanigan can bring. Maybe some call ups as well. Lets see what Stockton has to offer. Lets see if Gabriel can show what he's got. If winning is the result great, but riding the backs of players like Kosta Koufos doesn't do anything for the future of the team if they aren't here to help in the long run.

Dame Lillard is enough to get it done and @Portland is a tough place to win. Kings lost to the Pelicans without any starters other than Randle playing, so best believe they can lose to anyone not named the Knicks or Suns.
IIRC, Kings lost to the Suns early in the year.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I was gonna start the What's your guess for April thread but this kind of asks the same thing...

I think we end up right on the nose. Regardless, I am very happy with this season and the future of the Kings.

It’ll come down to that Portland game to finish .500. Houston and Portland games were there best shot. Not seeing this b2b in Utah who have won 6 straight and 9 of 10