who goes first? come on, make a guess...

RA?
Miller?
Peja?
or someone else?

I don't have a personal problem w/any of the players or RA. But someone is going to be dealt or replaced. if its RA, what choice do you have for a replacement? it will be a lame duck coach for the rest of the year at best (probably turner). at least a trade of players gives a team a chance to still salvage a season and turn it around.

I say Peja. He doesn't look like he wants to be here. The Kings need some players who want to play, and play hard. I don't think Peja can do either.

I'm afraid Adelman is walking on thin ice too. At the end of the season it probably will force Petrie's hand.

Rick Adelman.

Peja won't be traded yet because he is playing through the injury, plus Petrie's there. Though if the right deal somehow pops up, I think he'd be gone.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
jeffjcalweb said:
RA?
Miller?
Peja?
or someone else?

I don't have a personal problem w/any of the players or RA. But someone is going to be dealt or replaced. if its RA, what choice do you have for a replacement? it will be a lame duck coach for the rest of the year at best (probably turner). at least a trade of players gives a team a chance to still salvage a season and turn it around.
Long way to go in the season for a lame duck assistant coahc. If you're going to fire one of the winningest coaches in history, think you need to replace him with at least a solid guy with a chance to stick. Silas is out there, if overrated. And so is Porter as a Rick desciple who could move in fairly smoothly.

I think regardless players have to go, but the scary thing there is that our formerly genius GM actually put this team together and thought it would work. Is he capable of the mea culpa here? Or will he do the classic GM thing and just fire his friend, the coach, as a scapegoat ratehr than admitting he might have made a few errors?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
vj9999 said:
I say the sellout streak goes first :)
Actually, I'm pretty sure that went a couple of games ago when Grant started referring to the crowd as "capacity" instead of "sellout."

As far as players or coach, it depends on how fast Petrie can find someone/anyone to take his calls and not laugh...

:(

I don't know who will go first but RA is as good as gone. Great coach that he is (and I don't want to argue about it, I think he is great, everybody is entitled to theit opinion) he is now Stubborn Coach On the Seat Right Next to the Exit Door. I don't know whether he is still hurting from PJ fiasco or what, but it doesn't look good for anyone involved right now.

Mind you, if RA is to become available, Houston should look into it. That be a perfect match right there.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
Bricklayer said:
Long way to go in the season for a lame duck assistant coahc. If you're going to fire one of the winningest coaches in history, think you need to replace him with at least a solid guy with a chance to stick. Silas is out there, if overrated. And so is Porter as a Rick desciple who could move in fairly smoothly.

I think regardless players have to go, but the scary thing there is that our formerly genius GM actually put this team together and thought it would work. Is he capable of the mea culpa here? Or will he do the classic GM thing and just fire his friend, the coach, as a scapegoat ratehr than admitting he might have made a few errors?
Give me a break! This team is playing at a level below what they are capable of. Sure maybe changes need to be made, but this should NOT be a lottery team.

Bricklayer said:

Ahem. GP would fire him if he still is his friend. There is no way that RA can go trough rebuilding with us after PJ thing and no-extension offered after GP/maloofs pulled the rug from under his feet.

Whether you like it/agree with it or not, as much as RA is hurting now, he is hurting us too.

we need to get shawn marion, do whatever we can to get him. or at this point, i say we should go after ben gordon, hes tired of his role off the bench in chicago and remember peja saying that he would like chicago. just move bonzi to sf and gordon to sg and we could make some stuff happen. i just love gordon's intensity and clutch shooting. that and hes from uconn. either get him or stack up on picks like i said earlier.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
we need to get shawn marion, do whatever we can to get him. or at this point, i say we should go after ben gordon, hes tired of his role off the bench in chicago and remember peja saying that he would like chicago. just move bonzi to sf and gordon to sg and we could make some stuff happen. i just love gordon's intensity and clutch shooting. that and hes from uconn. either get him or stack up on picks like i said earlier.
Ben Gordon is undersized for SG and cannot play PG (court vision, passing not there, shoot first mentality). Besides, he cannot defend a lick and that is why his minutes are limited.

I'd love Marion too, but he is not going to turn this franchise around.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
BibityBobtyBoom said:
Suns are utterly dependant on Marion right now -- no chance. Some reports seem to indicate Geoff nixed a Peja for Marion swap back in the summer of 04. Oops.

Adelman....tomorrow. I think they will also hire Porter although that whole Coach Whisenant rumor in SI kind of has me worried. Little easier to coach women who are making squat for salary than prima donna millionaires. Although I'll stick with my mantra of anyone but Adelman.

Van Gundy is a great example of a defensive minded coach being limited by his personnel. I'd love to do a coach swap with Houston but:

1) Petrie needs to be willing to blow up this team
2) It might come back to bite us in our ***. The only guy that won't fit in the PO on that team is Swift.
3) Better chance of surviving a direct impact from a meteor strike.

piksi said:
from a horse to a donkey
No, you don't fire RA because he is bad, since he is a great coach (record, countless players whose careers he has launched or revitilized). You fire RA because the deal has gone sour (for BOTH parties). And you replace him with similar coach who might fire things up temporarily until:

a) he proves that he can take team places, or
b) you find your next long term coach.

Scott Skiles was stop-gap coach in Chicago, once upon a time.

BibityBobtyBoom said:
Ben Gordon says:

Chicago Sun-Times - Bulls guard Ben Gordon was caught off guard Tuesday by an Internet report that said he's unhappy with his role and wants to become a starter.
''I don't know what that was,'' Gordon said before the Bulls played the Orlando Magic on Tuesday at the United Center. ''It didn't come from me. I don't know nothing about it.''
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...ordon_denies_hes_unhappy_with_role_off_bench/

If Peja's traded to the Bulls, it won't be for Gordon, but Luol Deng or Nocioni. Ultimately I'd take Deng, and think that'd be the realistic swap from both sides.

Would love to get Marion, but Phoenix wouldn't do it for Peja or SAR + filler.

Trade thread? ;)

I think it's unrealistic at this point to suggest that we can trade for a big star right now, but I think we can make a trade for a role player who can shoot (i.e. Voshon Lenard of the Nuggets). I earlier mentioned (on another thread?) that we should try to get Earl Watson from the Nuggets. How about Peja (not bashing him, just saying), and Jason Hart for Lenard, Watson, and maybe one other role player from Denver so the salaries would match? Don't know if the salaries would match or not, but it's worth looking into. I wouldn't mind getting Eduardo Najera from them, as much as I hate him.