who goes first? come on, make a guess...

Warhawk said:
Yeah, but if you keep trading away the one guy doing the rebounding and hustle and toughness, you'll never get a whole team to do it. I'd give up a little offensive chemistry to be able to get more stops/rebounds.
There's definitely that side of it, and it's once again consigning the Kings to being a soft team.

I just think that at this point this team is built to be an offensive juggernaut, only it's struggling on offense. Something is wrong there. Sure, the rebounding is atrocious and the defense is inconsistent (although I'd say it looks better than last year). But why should the offense be so bad?

With the Kings of the past, they were always great offensive teams and for a time became a very good defensive team in part because they executed so flawlessly on offense. At this point of the rebuilding project, you gotta start somewhere, and since this is a team of offensive-minded players it might be easier to focus on getting the offense together and then, once that points-scoring chemistry is there, it's time to start focusing on the defense and bring in some defense-minded players.

It's just one idea, but right now things aren't working.

This is strictly my opinion after seeing what I've seen thus far in the season.

Bonzi is more of a value to this team than Peja. He's more of a well rounded player. You let Peja walk, or do a sign and trade. You resign Bonzi. You will be able to get him for less than Peja.

We need to start looking or hunting for an athletic center. I personally like Skinner in the middle, I know he doesn't bring as much offense. But, if the other 4 can, it may not be as neccessary in the center for skinner to do that. Let him play low block and get lay in's etc. He can work on a short jumper. But, if there is someone else out there through the draft, or trades etc we can pick up let's do it. I like Brad and all, but he crumbles if you can get even one arm in his way going up. Most guys one arm will stop the forward motion of his entire upper body. He has no strength, he refuses to lift heavier weights to build strength, as he said in a comment at the end of last season, and he can't jump.

Yes Adelman must go. I've always had problems with his substitutions, and they've got even worse at times. Finally he put corliss and skinner in towards the end of the game last night, and when it was too late. I think he did it more in spite of the team, then to just put them in. This team has always had the label of not having the Killer instinct. The personality of the team starts with the coach, and Adelman does NOT have the killer instinct. Nothing personal against him he just doesn't. He's made some horrible decisions in key points of his coaching career. They call him a *players coach*, aka he doesn't really get on your ***. He let's you develop how you develop best. Well that's great if you have a team full of people with the work ethic of Jerry Rice. I think some people take advantage of this. Also as Phil Jackson said after he left the Lakers last time. You can only come up with so many pep talks. You can only say the same thing over and over so many times. It starts to lose it's effect on the players. We need a new administration to come in and shake things up. Make it fresh and new not only for the fans, but for the players.

Along with the new coaching staff the Princeton offense needs to go. The Princeton offense will not get it done in this day and age. And unless you want to be a lack luster defense, and great outside shooting team forever then a change needs to happen. The personality of this team and the type of personnel are changing. We are still running the Princeton offense as we are trying to get tougher, more inside playing, rebounding etc. type of team. These types of players weren't meant for the Princeton offense.

Last edited:
Peja and Brad

Start:
Bibby
Bonzi
Thomas
SAR
Skinner

Short bench; Corliss, Brad, Garcia.

Try (really hard, Geoff, Maybe Hart and a few cases of Mondavi Cabernet) to get House (or Bobby) back. Consider signing Matt Barnes.

Peja: Sits until the 4th quarter. When he starts producing off the bench in the 4th, he can play more. Trade for a high 1st round pick.

Hart: Far end of the bench. Put a shock collar on him that zaps him every time he shoots before the ball has been passed. Trade.

Martin: I like Kevin, give him 8 mins per game, but if he can't be more consistent, he sits or becomes trade filler.

Price: Off to the DL. I think he has a future. He needs to play.

Sampson: Play some against the real athletic centers. Could he do worse than Brad?

DocHolliday said:
This team has always had the label of not having the Killer instinct. The personality of the team starts with the coach, and Adelman does NOT have the killer instinct. Nothing personal against him he just doesn't.
I couldn't agree more. While I like Rick as a person and I do think that he is a good, if not great coach...this team needs a new direction and a new attitude. Corliss' post game quotes from last night were right on. He basically said that the team is not tough. I am a firm believer that teams take on the personalities of their coach and that was fine with the Kings of two-three years ago, but things are different now and a new direction is needed.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If Adelman leaves, I'd be willing to bet Coachie retires before Adelman has his desk cleared out. In addition, depending on the direction the Maloofs and Petrie decide to go, Elston Turner might also be out...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Bballkingsrock said:
It is either Peja or RA. I am going with Rick Adelman because he has shown nothing this season so far and if he continues, hes got to go!
Adelman has shown nothing? He's tried every combination of players possible. He's made substitutions more often than I ever would have thought possible. He's tried keeping the starters on the court longer, hoping they'd get a rhythm. He's rotated various bench players, trying to find a way to get maximum performances.

What do you want him to do? Go to the middle of the court and do pushups? Maybe do one of those tramboline-assisted dunks during half-time?

Adelman will most likely go first, but saying he has shown nothing this season just makes no sense. He's shown a lot; it's just that nothing has worked and the old adage ALWAYS is: teams win; coaches lose.

tubiscus said:
Start:
Bibby
Bonzi
Thomas
SAR
Skinner

Short bench; Corliss, Brad, Garcia.

Try (really hard, Geoff, Maybe Hart and a few cases of Mondavi Cabernet) to get House (or Bobby) back. Consider signing Matt Barnes.

Peja: Sits until the 4th quarter. When he starts producing off the bench in the 4th, he can play more. Trade for a high 1st round pick.

Hart: Far end of the bench. Put a shock collar on him that zaps him every time he shoots before the ball has been passed. Trade.

Martin: I like Kevin, give him 8 mins per game, but if he can't be more consistent, he sits or becomes trade filler.

Price: Off to the DL. I think he has a future. He needs to play.

Sampson: Play some against the real athletic centers. Could he do worse than Brad?

This lineup would be interesting. Would probably see alot more hustle.