Who gets Cut?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Metu cut was no surprise to me, he didn't show anything. I like that they are keeping Justin around, he may not have much offensive talent right now but the guy gets after it on defense despite his shortcomings and he's diving for balls and plays with effort which Kings fans always appreciate

Well after getting a 3 yr 5.2 mil contract, Playing well in pre-season, then getting cut
I am sure he is hoping for a team to pick him up off waivers
If not, I doubt he signs a el cheapo 2-way contract for peanuts
He would then probably try for a spot overseas

Notes from practice indicate Bagley working on playing at the 5
Looks like he will be our third C

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Well after getting a 3 yr 5.2 mil contract, Playing well in pre-season, then getting cut
I am sure he is hoping for a team to pick him up off waivers
If not, I doubt he signs a el cheapo 2-way contract for peanuts
He would then probably try for a spot overseas

Notes from practice indicate Bagley working on playing at the 5
Looks like he will be our third C
Only $50k was guaranteed and if he made it to tomorrow that would have increased to $250k. Not a big financial loss for the Kings in cutting him.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
Metu cut was no surprise to me, he didn't show anything. I like that they are keeping Justin around, he may not have much offensive talent right now but the guy gets after it on defense despite his shortcomings and he's diving for balls and plays with effort which Kings fans always appreciate
Strongly disagree here. Metu was a top three big for us in pre-season from what I saw. He defended rotations well, attacked rebounds, and showed good touch offensively in his limited minutes. I would play him before Holmes right now and I don't want Jabari Parker anywhere near the rotation. Not my decision though.

Strongly disagree here. Metu was a top three big for us in pre-season from what I saw. He defended rotations well, attacked rebounds, and showed good touch offensively in his limited minutes. I would play him before Holmes right now and I don't want Jabari Parker anywhere near the rotation. Not my decision though.
I agree mostly.

They did say Parker got back in shape and ready so I'd at least like to check him out first but Metu was one of the bright spots in the preseason for us, somewhat overshadowed by Ty but I like Metu's decision-making as well as the other things you've mentioned.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
If Metu was a top 3 big for the Kings in pre season then I'm afraid it's going to be one long season. let's see if the other NBA teams agree with your assessment

i saw a lot of teams signing and waiving a player in hopes to resign them to their g-league team. i dont know the rules on designating them but maybe that has something to do with it? if they clear waivers does our g-league team have dibs on them or something?

Metu has some skills but he needs a lot of work to put it all together. It's easy to remember his impressive plays but he basically had an equal amount of bad plays and those are a lot more difficult to remember.

No... Just no..

I call this the Harry Giles parable.
Ayy yo Vinny here.

Holy canoli it really flips my fettuccini that we let Giles go. Willing to give Monte the benefit of the doubt at this point that he saw something in the analytics that wasn't frying his bacon but I have a sneaking suspicion Harry will end up being a contributor on a winning team at some point (soon) in his career.

First Wallace, now Giles... mama mia why do they do this to us my fellow basketballerinos??

To life, love, and lasagna,

Vinny Basketballerino

Last edited:
According to SacTownRoyalty, Metu is not being converted to a two-way contract either. Given all the obvious positives many here saw in his game, I wonder if there might have been some non-basketball considerations that led to this decision. Someone of Chimezie's talents will surely find a professional landing spot sooner rather than later.

Ayy yo Vinny here.

Holy canoli it really flips my fettuccini that we let Giles go. Willing to give Monte the benefit of the doubt at this point that he saw something in the analytics that wasn't frying his bacon but I have a sneaking suspicion Harry will end up being a contributor on a winning team at some point (soon) in his career.

First Wallace, now Giles... mama mia why do they do this to us my fellow basketballerinos??

To life, love, and lasagna,

Vinny Basketballerino
Bacon over pancetta!? Mama mia...