Who gets Cut?

17 on roster two needs to get cut by Monday deadline

non-guar or small guar
GR3,kaminski,Metu
1.5 1 year range
James,Woodard,Jeffries
Ramsey 2.5 guar 2yrs

so which two goes?

Meto has 3 yr contract but small guarantees can we cut him then sign him to our second two way slot?

If no two way would rather cut Frank than meto

then either Gb3 or James

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
I haven't liked anything about Ramsey.
You mean in those single minute stretches he didn't impress you? I mean, like these guys got a big chance to show out? He's 19, give it time. He did show some serious poise and skill at times. Good signs for him at his stage.

On the other hand James is a nearly 24 year old SG that has yet to show signs of a legit jumper or lead guard abilities. He needs to go overseas where they can still use athletes like him and see if he can develop a niche. I really think he could be a huge asset in a game that still respects gritty defensive role players on the wing. Other than that I think Frank the Tank is probably on the chopping block. Metu seemed to earn more favor from Walton and no way Walton allows his new marginal journeyman in Glen Robinson the third to be shown the door. I mean he has to squash the likes of Woodard and Jeffries somehow. lol.

I think the Rookies are solid. Looks like Frank the Tank was released. I think in a numbers game with those that are left it is James released unless McNair pulls off a last second trade before the real games start.

After Kaminsky, it has to be either James or Guy, and Guy has two big games in preseason that'll likely buy him some time on the bench. Have we ever seen James hit two shots in a row? I like his effort and his defense, but his shooting has never looked promising despite having scored 30 pts/gm at Wyoming. I must admit I am disappointed in Ramsey thus far and am beginning to wonder about his prospects. But to give up on him this soon is ridiculous. Ramsey has moments where he reminds me of D Wade. He's not D Wade, so there's no need to state the obvious. But he has way too much potential to give up on him after 3 minutes of preseason play.

I wish we released GRIII before Frank. James or him would be final cut unless someone is a two way I don't know about.

It makes me a bit sad folks want to give up on Ramsey who was one of the youngest picks in the draft and hasn't gotten the benefit of SL or a true camp. He isn't the steal that Halliburton was, but I was surprised he was available when we picked. There were better teams than us allegedly very high on him.

dude12

Hall of Famer
Geez, Ramsey is a very good prospect, posts here giving Him a short leash. I don’t get it. Same goes for GR3. Has some warts in his game but he’s going to Be a damn good backup SF allowing us to play Barnes at PF if Walton would pull his head out.

Luke said after Frank got cut he thought the roster was set? So maybe one player is to be converted to our second two way slot? Maybe Meto.

GRIII turns 27 in January and has been in the league since 2014. He is what he is at this point.
I would normally agree with this. But GRIII is different. I’m pretty sure that if a team believed in him and rewarded him with a starting role, he would excel beyond what anyone has seen thus far.

Still no news on Meto, Frank looking at overseas, Regular roster seems full

I hope they can sign Meto to our second two-way slot
If Kings cant , then what other C's, any other Camp cuts might be worth a look?

Jon Teske got released?

Jon Teske got released?
I'm fine with Holmes/Whiteside and Bagley. Metu and Belly are useable as small ball 5s also.

Jon Teske got released?
i heard he might go to Fenerbahce who i believe is coached by our old assistant coach. wonder if frank playing here was a tryout of some sort

I'm a little surprised James is sticking. Oh well, this at least will give Walton some more limited options in staying big. Maybe. Four bigs expecting starter type minutes is still overload in todays game.

I'm surprise by the Metu cut as well. Liked him. Think he's a better fit than Holmes.

As for James, the 2/3rd court defensive pressure that he played while on the court with Halliburton likely won him a spot. Rewatch those sequences--they were creating havoc--both 6'6 to 6'7, long, athletic, and decent to very high defensive hoops IQ.

Would like to see Fox, Halliburton, James, and Woodard on the court with Whiteside/Bags. That line up would give opposing offenses fits. And is built for transition.

Hopefully they sign him on a 2-way ? I saw elsewhere this morning they were likely "set" and it was just a question of who the 2-way person would be.