• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So remaining schedule for December looks like:

vs. NOP
@ LAC
vs. LAL
@ LAL

I think we take at least one of these, which would put us at 8-7 in December and 18-18 heading into the New Year, clearly exceeding all expectations.

I will say the home game vs. the Lakers is likely a loss, sadly. We’ve really struggled on the second night of back to backs.

My hope is to beat NOP and take one of the road games vs. the Clippers or Lakers.

i had us at 7-8. I would be very happy if we split the remaining 4. NOP is not a good matchup for us and we do have a B2B in there.
New Orleans isn't a strong road team and have lost 3 in a row, so I'm hoping for a different game than when the Kings first played them and the Kings made them look like world beaters (which they were the first week or two of the season). The Clippers have cooled off but that is a road game. I hate that the Kings play the Lakers on a back to back at home again!

I would be pleased with 2-2, but the greedy part of me would like to see 3-1 and 4-0 would be golden.

New Orleans isn't a strong road team and have lost 3 in a row, so I'm hoping for a different game than when the Kings first played them and the Kings made them look like world beaters (which they were the first week or two of the season). The Clippers have cooled off but that is a road game. I hate that the Kings play the Lakers on a back to back at home again!

I would be pleased with 2-2, but the greedy part of me would like to see 3-1 and 4-0 would be golden.
3-1 would be absolutely amazing. that would put us at 10-5 for a really tough stretch of our schedule.

On behalf of myself and my distinguished colleagues The Hammer, Larry89, bubulina, NewArena, and BaDgEraffe, who predicted 10-5 -- I think they can get there. They need to go 2-1 and I think they can do it. Make someone regret going back for thirds in the 4th quarter. That's OUR quarter.

3-1 would be great but realistically 2-2 wouldn't be so bad.

Does make you wonder if it's going to be this tight all year.
I'd say so. Not taking into account any possible injuries, the Lakers, Blazers, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Jazz will all be in the mix for seeds 4-8. They're all talented enough to compete in the West. None of them are likely to nosedive in the standings, thus creating an opportunity for a bit of separation. The Kings are the big wildcard. Their early success has shocked the league, to be sure. And given their strength of schedule and winning record on the road, you have to believe they're "for real."

However, they remain the youngest of the teams in the playoff hunt--by far. And they wouldn't be the first young team to fold under the pressure of competing for a playoff spot as the season progresses. I would love nothing more than to see the Kings rocket to the 4th spot and stay there. It would be a helluva statement. But as impressive as their surprise start has been, the real work remains ahead. It's going to be tough, and we're going to see what these young Kings are made of.

3-1 would be great but realistically 2-2 wouldn't be so bad.

Does make you wonder if it's going to be this tight all year.
2-2 would be very good. Thats a brutal 4 game stretch. Clippers are 11-4 at home. Then a back to back against the Lakers which the Kings always struggle with.

I'd say so. Not taking into account any possible injuries, the Lakers, Blazers, Clippers, Rockets, Grizzlies, Spurs, and Jazz will all be in the mix for seeds 4-8. They're all talented enough to compete in the West. None of them are likely to nosedive in the standings, thus creating an opportunity for a bit of separation. The Kings are the big wildcard. Their early success has shocked the league, to be sure. And given their strength of schedule and winning record on the road, you have to believe they're "for real."

However, they remain the youngest of the teams in the playoff hunt--by far. And they wouldn't be the first young team to fold under the pressure of competing for a playoff spot as the season progresses. I would love nothing more than to see the Kings rocket to the 4th spot and stay there. It would be a helluva statement. But as impressive as their surprise start has been, the real work remains ahead. It's going to be tough, and we're going to see what these young Kings are made of.
I wouldn't be so sure on those teams. Utah has had the toughest schedule. but Mitchell isn't the same this year and I think they were overachieving the past few years. Clippers I don't see it long term. Rockets are w/o CP3 for a few weeks. How many more games will he miss this year? Blazers are streaky.

Kings are either ahead in the standings or a game behind those teams with a higher SOS.

1545763591395.png

Would love to see 3-1 or 4-0 in the next 4 games.

Either of those let’s us gain ground and puts us in a better position to pass a couple of teams as the 3 teams we play are 1 game in front of us in the standings.

2-2 keeps us about where we are and we are proving we are not the same team as the beginning of the season but we need these next few games against the western opponents.

I look for us to be at full strength so let’s go Kings!

2-2 Possible. Kings haven’t been an Elite team. Other that OKC.
They haven’t beat Denver, Clips, Lakers once.
Someone said 4-0? Pass me that bottle. Thinking you’re going to be the Lakers twice.
That’s like counting out the Rockets.
While, Harden tears the league a new one. You never discount legends and what they can do. They difference between being a good player and a great one.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
2-2 Possible. Kings haven’t been an Elite team. Other that OKC.
They haven’t beat Denver, Clips, Lakers once.
Someone said 4-0? Pass me that bottle. Thinking you’re going to be the Lakers twice.
That’s like counting out the Rockets.
While, Harden tears the league a new one. You never discount legends and what they can do. They difference between being a good player and a great one.
I see a three game losing streak coming up here, the Clippers are just a bad matchup for the Kings and the Lakers have Bron who can do whatever he wants against the Kings

Status
Not open for further replies.