What's your guess for December?

How will the Kings do in December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Laker games may have just gotten a lot more interesting.
I want BOTH those Laker wins, and if so, I'm ok with a good effort loss to either Clips or Blazers. 3-1 is a reasonable goal. 2-2 is not momentum killing. I can't see us going 1-3. 4-0 is totally obtainable and would likely propel us to FOURTH in the West, 3 games from that halfway point. Do you realize what kind of fire this town and team would be playing with if and when that happens? Do all of you realize just how close we are to being an elite NBA team? If Bagley gets back for this 4 game stretch... I say there is a 40% chance of 4-0, 40% of 3-1, and 20% chance of 2-2.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
And? If you are intimating that they are a better team without LeBron I'm gonna have to call that 100% incorrect. The Warriors were playing like crap all game. Klay and Draymond especially looked like they weren't even past All Stars. It was gross.
never did I insinuate that they are better without Bron, they are playing better since the acquisition of Chandler and playing better defense too so the point I'm trying to make here is the Kings can still lose both games versus the Lakers

It will be interesting to see if the Lakers 3 ball is still dropping tonite.
That was the main difference in the last game against the Dubs.
Lakers D and Hitting the 3. Lakers have been one of the worst 3 pt shooting teams in the league this year.

Kings should win if the Lakers long ball returns to the mean.
If not, it will be rough going. Lakers D and Interior looked very dominant.

I want BOTH those Laker wins, and if so, I'm ok with a good effort loss to either Clips or Blazers. 3-1 is a reasonable goal. 2-2 is not momentum killing. I can't see us going 1-3. 4-0 is totally obtainable and would likely propel us to FOURTH in the West, 3 games from that halfway point. Do you realize what kind of fire this town and team would be playing with if and when that happens? Do all of you realize just how close we are to being an elite NBA team? If Bagley gets back for this 4 game stretch... I say there is a 40% chance of 4-0, 40% of 3-1, and 20% chance of 2-2.

When Kings beat an ELITE team get back to me. Elite and Healthy. Beating the Lakers without Lebron and Rondo is a non qualifier. Kings have improved massively, They are not Elite, though.

When Kings beat an ELITE team get back to me. Elite and Healthy. Beating the Lakers without Lebron and Rondo is a non qualifier. Kings have improved massively, They are not Elite, though.
We're on the cusp and I'm an eternal optimist. Keep in mind I was predicting 50 wins every year for the past ten years, so this is a lot easier for me to get behind. ;)

We beat the Thunder twice. Are people forgetting this? Maybe you don't think the Thunder are "elite" but we're right on the cusp.

22 Sat. Dec. 1 Indiana 7:00 PM - WIN 1
23 Tue. Dec. 4 @ Phoenix 7:00 PM - WIN 2
24 Fri. Dec. 7 @ Cleveland 5:30 PM - WIN 3
25 Sat. Dec. 8 @ Indiana 5:00 PM - LOSS 1
26 Mon. Dec. 10 @ Chicago 5:00 PM - WIN 4
27 Wed. Dec. 12 Minnesota 7:00 PM - WIN 5
28 Fri. Dec. 14 Golden State 7:00 PM - LOSS 2
29 Sun. Dec. 16 @ Dallas 4:00 PM - WIN 6
30 Mon. Dec. 17 @ Minnesota 5:00 PM - LOSS 3
31 Wed. Dec. 19 Oklahoma City 7:00 PM NBATV - LOSS 4
32 Fri. Dec. 21 Memphis 7:00 PM - WIN 7
33 Sun. Dec. 23 New Orleans 3:00 PM - WIN 8
34 Wed. Dec. 26 @ LA Clippers 7:30 PM - LOSS 5
35 Thu. Dec. 27 L.A. Lakers 7:00 PM - WIN 9
36 Sun. Dec. 30 @ L.A. Lakers 6:30 PM

9-5 so far means I’m out. I like being proven wrong.

10-5 will make my year.

I got 9-6

22 Sat. Dec. 1 Indiana 7:00 PM WIN
23 Tue. Dec. 4 @ Phoenix 7:00 PM WIN
24 Fri. Dec. 7 @ Cleveland 5:30 PM WIN

25 Sat. Dec. 8 @ Indiana 5:00 PM
26 Mon. Dec. 10 @ Chicago 5:00 PM WIN
27 Wed. Dec. 12 Minnesota 7:00 PM
28 Fri. Dec. 14 Golden State 7:00 PM
29 Sun. Dec. 16 @ Dallas 4:00 PM WIN
30 Mon. Dec. 17 @ Minnesota 5:00 PM WIN

31 Wed. Dec. 19 Oklahoma City 7:00 PM NBATV
32 Fri. Dec. 21 Memphis 7:00 PM
33 Sun. Dec. 23 New Orleans 3:00 PM WIN
34 Wed. Dec. 26 @ LA Clippers 7:30 PM WIN

35 Thu. Dec. 27 L.A. Lakers 7:00 PM
36 Sun. Dec. 30 @ L.A. Lakers 6:30 PM WIN
Very close

On behalf of myself and my distinguished colleagues The Hammer, Larry89, bubulina, NewArena, and BaDgEraffe, who predicted 10-5 -- I think they can get there. They need to go 2-1 and I think they can do it. Make someone regret going back for thirds in the 4th quarter. That's OUR quarter.
In fairness to the people who picked lower if you told them the Lakers would be without Lebron and Rondo that might have changed their voting. We won ugly last night in our typical poor shooting B2B game.

Had the Lakers had Lebron....

Has anyone else noticed that the Lakers, or more pointedly Lebron, have been home for the holidays? They were at the Nets on the 18th, so in CA from Dec 19-Jan 6. Their only road trip was Christmas Day in Oakland and a game against us two nights later. I’m sure the pre-injury plan was a nice stay in Napa for Lebron and family. Maybe that still happened...all they reported was that he did not travel to Sacramento.

Anyway, the point is that ESPN and corporate HQ seem to be equal partners with Lebron at this point. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a single star player catered to like NBA corporate and ESPN have catered to Lebron. We thought Shaq and Kobe were problematic, this Lebron team will have a gilded path to the Finals if KD leaves GSW.

My analysis is that we have too many good players that are both being used properly and playing well to lose a disproportionate amount of games compared to their current record throughout the rest of the season. A big drop off wouldn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.