[NBA] East Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
IF the Celtics pull this off, the Celtics, Bruins* and Red Sox will all have been involved in 0-3 combebacks.

*Bruins lost theirs.

It's the "Boston Special" if they do.

IF the Celtics pull this off, the Celtics, Bruins* and Red Sox will all have been involved in 0-3 combebacks.

*Bruins lost theirs.

It's the "Boston Special" if they do.
Does that speak more about their (alleged) carelessness for letting series get to 0-3 or their tenacity for not giving up?

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Does that speak more about their (alleged) carelessness for letting series get to 0-3 or their tenacity for not giving up?
In all honesty it hits all 3.
Sox were tenacious and given up for dead.
Bruins just tanked.
Celtics flat out quit in game 3 so who the hell knows how we even got here.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
I also want to note, what has happened to Brogdon, the 6th man of the year award winner, and his no playing time today and last game only 8 minutes?

Good lord, im just glad we didn't lose a game like that in these playoffs. Game 4 against Golden state hurt but this is a different kind of heartbreak

Good lord, im just glad we didn't lose a game like that in these playoffs. Game 4 against Golden state hurt but this is a different kind of heartbreak
Don't even think the heat should have been in that position in the first place.

Celtics had the game and almost choked it away so I don't think it's as big of a heartbreak as one might think such as being up and obviously being the better team then losing one like that

Don't even think the heat should have been in that position in the first place.

Celtics had the game and almost choked it away so I don't think it's as big of a heartbreak as one might think such as being up and obviously being the better team then losing one like that
Maybe like the Barnes missed 3.

Kings probably shouldn't have even have been in that position in the first place if curry hadn't had that timeout blunder

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Because The Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz one of only two sports shows I listen to on a regular basis (and the other one is really more about the things surrounding sports than the sports themselves), and it's mostly populated by a bunch of obnoxious Miami homers, and I would find their Schadenfreude to be highly entertaining.

don't you like rooting for the underdog?
As a general principle? No, not really. When I was still in the team-rooting business, I rooted for the Kings as the underdogs, because I liked the Kings. I didn't root for Kings as the underdogs because I liked underdogs.

If the Heat survive Game 7, they're going to be the underdogs against the Nuggets. I'm not rooting for the ****ing Heat in the Finals. For who? For what?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Because The Dan LeBatard Show with Stugotz one of only two sports shows I listen to on a regular basis (and the other one is really more about the things surrounding sports than the sports themselves), and it's mostly populated by a bunch of obnoxious Miami homers, and I would find their Schadenfreude to be highly entertaining.

As a general principle? No, not really. When I was still in the team-rooting business, I rooted for the Kings as the underdogs, because I liked the Kings. I didn't root for Kings as the underdogs because I liked underdogs.

If the Heat survive Game 7, they're going to be the underdogs against the Nuggets. I'm not rooting for the ****ing Heat in the Finals. For who? For what?
so the obnoxious fans is the only reason you won't root for them, then?

I'm actually kind of surprised that any Kings fans are rooting for the Heat, if only because I'd expect a lot of y'all to be lowkey jealous of them. Fans of small market teams spend an inordinate amount of time bemoaning their inability to acquire high-level free agents and have lengthy discussions on platforms like this about how they "need" to tank in order to get good through the draft, or how they "need" to go all-in on big name free agents via trade, and all of the inherent disadvantages they have by being in a small market. And meanwhile here are the Miami Heat, of all teams, making a dollar out of fifteen cents: one guy with Top 10 talent, but a reputation for wearing out his welcome everywhere he goes, one guy with Top 30 talent, and a bunch of guys who could have been had for a turkey sandwich. And they're a game away from The Finals; I honestly can't believe that that isn't burning Kings fans up inside. Like, how come the dudes we pick up off the street never turn into good player?
The Heat came into this year with a huge payroll; they're spending gobs of money on vets for the forseeable future. Only exceeded by the Suns in the long term.

I guess it's impressive that teams can still spend their way into success with the current CBA. Hooray!