[NBA] East Finals

Who ya got?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow. The Heat could not shoot it and Bam and Jimmy had crummy games. But they were still right there at the end. It is a testament to defense and rebounding. Some nights the ball does not cooperate around the basket. Hard to believe it was the same Butler that we saw the last few games.

The Celtics have plenty of talent, but they rely too much on Brown and Tatum and their one on one plays. It works fine against weaker teams, but they struggle against good defensive teams. The Celtics have great tradition and play with heart.

Caleb and Cody Martin quietly played their careers in college at the Univ of Nevada right under the noses of the scouts from Sacramento. They played at a mid major and were over looked. Cody is actually a better defender.

Pretty obvious refs blew this. Boston looked in control for most of the game and Miami came back and won, excepting refs. Both teams are 1-2 at home this series so not writing off the Heat
While giving credit to Derrick White for taking advantage and making the layup, I was going to compare this shot to the infamous Samaki Walker and Robert Horry shots against our KINGS in the fact that they were super, super lucky.

In the case of the Walker shot, it came AFTER the clock expired. Clearly. And, along with a Baron Davis shot, is why the NBA now has the red lights surrounding the backboard and press table. And is the only reason the Horry shot mattered at the end of the same game.

The Horry shot was super, super lucky in that it bounced straight to him in rhythm. If it bounces slightly to his left or right forcing him to make a slight adjustment of any kind, it never gets off in time.

Fast forward to Derrick White’s shot last night. If Marcus Smart’s miss caroms long, or hangs on the basket a tad longer or doesn’t fall right to White in perfect stride and shooting position, the shot never gets off in time.

But even more importantly, if the officials subjectively place 2.9 on the clock (or less) instead of 3.0 — the shot doesn’t get off in time.

None of those factors were in control of the team that ended up winning. That’s why it’s super, super lucky.

In the end, I always find it curious and convenient how these types of series saving/winning plays always seems to happen for the LAL and Celtics of the sports world. You know, the franchises with 17 championships each.

The KINGS could see a play like that happen for them in the regular season. But a huge playoff game to avoid elimination or actually win the series? No chance. If last night’s play had involved the KINGS with the possession in their hands, the put back would have been barely touching the players hand and considered no basket. Conversely when you’re the Heat and playing defense, the ball just barely leaves the shooters hand and is good (because too much time was added). Par for the course.

That’s how things work. And why certain teams have 17 titles and others nowhere near that number.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Every team I dislike in professional, collegiate, and international sports is primarily, if not entirely, based on how big of tools their fanbase proves to be.
Players change. Play styles change. Regimes change. The only constant about a sports franchise is its fans.
Put me in the same boat. Aside from regional long standing rivalries for my primary team, I root against crappy fanbases.

I also get pretty distressed when my teams attract said fans.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Every team I dislike in professional, collegiate, and international sports is primarily, if not entirely, based on how big of tools their fanbase proves to be.
but their fanbase has nothing to do with the product on the court/field. Doesn't almost every successful sport franchise have ignorant fanbases? more so if they have alcohol in them and/or if they are young ones.

Duncan Robinson was out of the rotation, considered dead weight, and I was using him as an example of worst case scenario for Sasha on the Kings. Dude has been a total nightmare for Boston.

Joe Mazulla giving off some weirdly bad vibe throughout the Playoffs. I'm not sure I'd like him as my coach.
i think he’ll be right back at Udoka’s side next season in Houston.

I think maybe Monty Williams..but I wouldn’t be surprised if Stevens reclaimed the job.