What's your guess for December?

How will the Kings do in December?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phx: Loss: Suns are poorly coached. They have significant talent, though.
Cavs: Win
Pacers: Loss: Payback and Olidipo will be returning
Bulls: Win: Close Game with Markanaan back
Wolves: Loss: Rose could be huge herr
Dubs: Loss: Curry back and in a groove.
Mavs: Loss: Doncic will show Kings ROY
Wolves: Win: Kings at Home
Thunder: Loss: Westbrook is not going to lose again
Grizz: Win: Tough game down to the wire
Pels: Loss: Davis, Randle, Mirotic, and Holiday
Clips: Loss: Better team, more depth, better coach.
Lakers: Win
Lakers: Loss

6-9 December
You're already off to a rough start

With the parity in the West the way it is right now, every time we pull up a 10 game schedule or monthly schedule it's going to look tough. If the Kings think they are a playoff team, then they need beat teams they are supposed to and knock off a couple of "better" teams and come out of this .500 or above. I think they are a team that will be in the mix for the playoffs at the end, so I fully expect 8 or 9 wins this month.

I hope we don't see that Mem game again. We were supposed to beat them, lost, and went on a free fall. I lost all my faith after that game, these next games should help all our collective spirit though, if not... yikes!

I hope we don't see that Mem game again. We were supposed to beat them, lost, and went on a free fall. I lost all my faith after that game, these next games should help all our collective spirit though, if not... yikes!
Are you referring to the Memphis game on the road? I don't think anyone but a homer Kings fan thought "we were supposed to beat them." Memphis was playing well and at home. Not sure what the odds were, but I'm guessing the Grizzlies were favored by 5 or 6.

That game was followed by Houston on a back to back and then a brutal few games. They lost a few, but I hesitate to call it anything close to a free fall, especially considering they are back to over .500 again.

Are you referring to the Memphis game on the road? I don't think anyone but a homer Kings fan thought "we were supposed to beat them." Memphis was playing well and at home. Not sure what the odds were, but I'm guessing the Grizzlies were favored by 5 or 6.

That game was followed by Houston on a back to back and then a brutal few games. They lost a few, but I hesitate to call it anything close to a free fall, especially considering they are back to over .500 again.
Yeah, at that stage memphis had only lost one at home. That was always going to be very difficult

I think 5-0 to start December is doable. If we go .500 the rest of the way that is fabulous. but I think 9-6 is success. We have to take advantage of the weaker teams and win those.

November was supposed to be bad. But December has 12 of 15 teams above .500. we have three back to backs.

For real. Good post. If that Mem loss made someone lose all faith then they must have joined the fandom in early November lol

Well looking back on it... those were my feelings (the free fall) man.. it seemed like we haven't been playing at the same level after that game.

We had already beat them by 5 earlier in the year, and what I remember it wasn't really that close and we had a chance but failed to really break that game open into a route. We should have in my mind beat them handily, but instead we ducked and I haven't seen the same team pre that game until yesterday's PHX game. That's what didn't communicate right. Obviously my memory has failed me. Sorry about that post.

I think it’s hard to work on things in the middle of the season other than tweek some things. Those few days off before this road trip was a perfect time for the coaches to work on some things and still add a little more into the game plan.

It’s still hard for me not to expect the worst but I am going to enjoy watching these young players grow. The team is even pulling together knowing we are one man down and letting Bagley’s recovery not to be rushed.

We have had one of the toughest schedules so far.. We were ranked #1 before Phoenix, and are now 4th place in SoS. It will go down a bit after playing Cleveland, and Chicago, so we will probably be top 8 at that time. We're 12-11 with one of the toughest schedules!! Wonder what we would be if we had a cake schedule up to this point. I see the power ranking from ESPN here and it kind of pisses me off to see us as 20-22 rank and behind teams that we had beaten who have lesser records than us.

We have had one of the toughest schedules so far.. We were ranked #1 before Phoenix, and are now 4th place in SoS. It will go down a bit after playing Cleveland, and Chicago, so we will probably be top 8 at that time. We're 12-11 with one of the toughest schedules!! Wonder what we would be if we had a cake schedule up to this point. I see the power ranking from ESPN here and it kind of pisses me off to see us as 20-22 rank and behind teams that we had beaten who have lesser records than us.
As the leader of the horde says, underdog mentality. They can rate us last as long as we rack the Ws.
Agreed with the tough schedule and absolutely awesome result to show.

BSPN power rankings are a popularity contest. It really should be called "ESPNs Which Team Should You Watch This Week Cuz They Are Popular Ranking".

I think 5-0 to start December is doable. If we go .500 the rest of the way that is fabulous. but I think 9-6 is success. We have to take advantage of the weaker teams and win those.

November was supposed to be bad. But December has 12 of 15 teams above .500. we have three back to backs.
We make up for it this month though and into next month as well. We literally don't travel past Phoenix for an entire month from 12/19- till we play the Hornets on 1/17. We have 11 of those 14 games at home (2 at Staples, 1 in Phoenix). That's about as easy a travel schedule as an NBA team can have and if we're serious about the playoffs, that's the stretch of games we really need to make a mark.

Add on the fact we get the Cavs and Bulls in a couple upcoming games and start this month 4-1 or 5-0 and we have a real shot to stake a claim to a playoff spot in this next 20 game stretch. We weren't supposed to survive our first 20 game stretch. Now that we did, we have to prove we actually belong in these next 20 games in favorable conditions.

Last edited:
In the poll at the start of the road trip, I had voted the team will go 6-9.

With the team currently sitting at 5-2 in this stretch, I feel like a fool, but a very happy fool.

We make up for it this month though and into next month as well. We literally don't travel past Phoenix for an entire month from 12/19- till we play the Hornets on 1/17. We have 11 of those 14 games at home (2 at Staples, 1 in Phoenix). That's about as easy a travel schedule as an NBA team can have and if we're serious about the playoffs, that's the stretch of games we really need to make a mark.

Add on the fact we get the Cavs and Bulls in a couple upcoming games and start this month 4-1 or 5-0 and we have a real shot to stake a claim to a playoff spot in this next 20 game stretch. We weren't supposed to survive our first 20 game stretch. Now that we did, we have to prove we actually belong in these next 20 games in favorable conditions.
Bumping this because we're starting our awesome 13-game travel stretch where we play 2 games in LA, 1 game in PHX and everything else at home. This is the time for us to make a move and start to carve out a serious claim for a playoff spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.