what was the last movie you watched?

Disney Cruise this week. Watched Captain Marvel twice, really enjoyed it. Wreck it Ralph 2, was fun but not remotely as charming as the original.

Skipped the opportunity to watch Dumbo last night since it was the last night of the cruise and I wanted to see my favorite crew one last time, etc. etc. not watch a movie until 1am. Only thing I hate about those cruises is the FOMO once you set on an activity since most everything is an hour or less.

If my girlfriend lets me I intend to watch the Crue movie really soon. And maybe catch up on a few other from the Blu-Ray collection.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Hadn't thought about that, but thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out. Likely have over 300+ movies myself, would be nice to have a database/list!
Just finished scanning in all my movies with this app. I'm at 293 movies, but I know we have at least a couple loaned out. The app is handy, but when it takes like 5 or so button presses to scan in a movie I think the process could be simplified a bit. Like, an "add this movie and scan another" option would eliminate like 3 clicks. A minor, but somewhat time consuming quibble when you are scanning in 300± movies. :)

105 of those are Blu-ray, so I do have a large number of DVDs left over from when I started collecting. The Blu-ray players do a pretty good job of playing those at an upscaled resolution except the non-anamorphic transfers (like the 2 disk DVDs of the original Star Wars movies - I prefer the theatrical versions and those non-remastered versions just are hard to watch quality-wise).

Last edited:
Just watched Us. Loved it. I had an idea what was happening because I thought there was tons of clues all throughout the movie so I'm looking forward to seeing the ones I may have missed on a re-watch. So much neat stuff.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just finished watching Venom. I wasn't all that excited at the beginning, but by the end I found it was the perfect movie to top off a day like today. Loved the cameo at the end. ;)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Finally got around to watching Solo: A Star Wars Story - with the new Disney streaming service coming up and Star Wars stuff disappearing off of Netflix I figured it was now or never.

I don't get it. And by "I don't get it" I mean "I don't get why seemingly all of the reaction to Solo was negative". There were two reasons why I didn't hurry to the theater (or the Blu-Ray/Netflix market) to watch Solo. The first was that I thought that with The Last Jedi Rian Johnson did such irreparable harm to the Star Wars universe that I couldn't stomach going back to Star Wars for quite a while, and the second was that the reviews I saw were uniformly "meh" to negative. But seriously, what movie were the "meh"/negative reviewers watching? As a Han Solo origin story, how was Solo any worse than the universally acclaimed Death Star plans origin story Rogue One? Both were great! And if anything, the end of Rogue One irritated me a bit (
useless tidal wave death
---
creepily bad Carrie Fisher CGI thing
) while the end of Solo didn't sit badly with me at all.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but from the reviews I was expecting some major missteps and frankly there just weren't any.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Finally got around to watching Solo: A Star Wars Story - with the new Disney streaming service coming up and Star Wars stuff disappearing off of Netflix I figured it was now or never.
Like you, I enjoyed it a lot more than most folks seemed to. It was a Han Solo origins story, I want to see what they covered in the film (meeting Chewie, the Kessel Run, getting the Falcon, etc.). Some folks complained that they wanted something else - for goodness sake, why? How much do you think they can cram into a 2 hour movie and still cover the basics?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Saw Shazam a while back. More entertaining than I was expecting, but still a bit geared to the younger set. We did like it though, overall.

Saw Hellboy this morning. Just don't. We didn't laugh once. Not once. They tried cracking jokes, but they just didn't work at all. It had a lot of action (and a lot more gore than was really required). But it felt like it had no "soul" as a movie. The originals are much better movies.

I don't get it. And by "I don't get it" I mean "I don't get why seemingly all of the reaction to Solo was negative". There were two reasons why I didn't hurry to the theater (or the Blu-Ray/Netflix market) to watch Solo. The first was that I thought that with The Last Jedi Rian Johnson did such irreparable harm to the Star Wars universe that I couldn't stomach going back to Star Wars for quite a while, and the second was that the reviews I saw were uniformly "meh" to negative. But seriously, what movie were the "meh"/negative reviewers watching? As a Han Solo origin story, how was Solo any worse than the universally acclaimed Death Star plans origin story Rogue One? Both were great! And if anything, the end of Rogue One irritated me a bit (
useless tidal wave death
---
creepily bad Carrie Fisher CGI thing
) while the end of Solo didn't sit badly with me at all.

It wasn't a perfect movie by any means, but from the reviews I was expecting some major missteps and frankly there just weren't any.
I loved it

Anyone else have plans for Endgame tomorrow or this weekend? I’m taking my 13 year old son tomorrow evening. Not gonna lie, I’ve never been more excited for a movie in my life!!!

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Avengers: Endgame

O.......M.........G!!!!! A perfect capstone to the Infinity saga. Kept me on the edge of my seat from the very 1st scene. Just spectacular. After it ended, i was already wanting to watch it again.
Yeah, now I want to go again too. Very good movie. A few quibbles here and there, but a great way to finish off the first decade (±) of Marvel films.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Just finished Aquaman. Spent way too much time trying to remember Amber Heard's name. Despite Jason Momoa, this just doesn't rank very high on my list of DC favorites.

Yeah, now I want to go again too. Very good movie. A few quibbles here and there, but a great way to finish off the first decade (±) of Marvel films.
I've seen it 3 times now. Absolutely loved it!

Sure, you can nitpick and find some plot holes, as with any film dealing in theoretical concepts, but on the whole it is a fantastic film and end cap to the first 11 years and 21 films.

Actually, after talking through some of the paradoxes both my cousin and I thought it contained after the 1st viewing then watching it again, we had less issues with it.

Let me also say, I never was a comic book guy and knew little to nothing about the MCU until about 15 months ago. A few of my work buddies got me to start watching the movies. I got completely caught up about 2 weeks before Endgame released. Cap't Marvel was the 1st of the MCU I saw in an actual theater. Most of the films I watched multiple times, including the credits scenes.

Everything was pretty fresh in my mind, which I'm sure helped.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I've seen it 3 times now. Absolutely loved it!

Sure, you can nitpick and find some plot holes, as with any film dealing in theoretical concepts, but on the whole it is a fantastic film and end cap to the first 11 years and 21 films.
Oh, I really enjoyed it and intend to see it in the theater again. My quibbles (mostly just personal preferences and not technical) have more to do with things like:

Turning Thor into a bit of a putz - I thought that was a bit much. Really, a fat slob playing video games???

Killing off Black Widow - I know why they did what they did in that scene, but I really liked her character and the role she played in the team - that was a bummer for me. I'm really looking forward to her solo movie. I knew Iron Man and Captain America were basically going to be out after a decade of films, and that's fine.

I was hoping Captain Marvel would get a little more screen time, but given her late introduction into an already somewhat overstuffed franchise, I can see why they are "pacing" her a bit right now in the Avengers team-ups as she will likely be more involved in future movies.

Just little stuff.