what was the last movie you watched?

Just saw a trailer for the "Hunt for the Bone Collector"... Hollywood has officially lost its freaking mind. You don't remake a classic Denzel Washington/Angelina Jolie movie.
Sounds like it is a new TV procedural centered around the main characters of the film. Though the question "Why?" is legitimate.

VF21

#KingsFansForever
Staff member
Sounds like it is a new TV procedural centered around the main characters of the film. Though the question "Why?" is legitimate.
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. well, that explains part of it. Lincoln Rhymes, however, is an incredible character and I doubt if a TV series can do him justice.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Got around to watching Midway. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Thought the aerial scenes were incredible. You get a good feel for how brave these men were in putting their lives on the line.
Yeah, they did a pretty good job with that one overall. Except for the scenes where they had planes flying so close to the ground, etc. But that's what you get when you have the guy from Independence Day in charge (not picking on the movie, just saying you can see some of the similarities with direction). Same thing with movies like Godzilla and Pacific Rim (although any time I run across Pacific Rim I still stop scrolling through channels and watch it). You are in a jet plane. With missiles/rockets and guns. Why do you fly close enough for the monsters to grab you? You shouldn't be within a mile of it at the closest!

Just took dad to go see Knives Out and that was one movie that I think was better than the preview. Murder mystery with some light comedy thrown in, good acting by good actors, and a few twists to keep you guessing along the way. Well done. We both really enjoyed it. Recommended.
I really want to see it. Wife took the kids to see frozen 2 and gave me a pass, so I had to decide between this, the Irishman or Ford vs Ferrari.....opted for Irishman, which was pretty shortsighted since it was coming out on Netflix a few days later lol, but was so pumped for it I had to see it on the big screen. Was worth it. Vintage Scorsese and seeing all those great actors together was epic .

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I really want to see it. Wife took the kids to see frozen 2 and gave me a pass, so I had to decide between this, the Irishman or Ford vs Ferrari.....opted for Irishman, which was pretty shortsighted since it was coming out on Netflix a few days later lol, but was so pumped for it I had to see it on the big screen. Was worth it. Vintage Scorsese and seeing all those great actors together was epic .
Both Ford vs Ferrari and Knives Out are recommended. Go see them if you can. The first is a better "movie", the second is also good and pretty entertaining. Everyone who went to see these with me really enjoyed both.

Knives Out was absolutely marvelous. Rian Johnson managed to elegantly craft an Agatha Christie-styled murder mystery while turning the genre on its head in the same breath. He is a master of quiet subversion. Hollywood needs to look to films like Knives Out and directors like Johnson as a justification for returning to mid-budget filmmaking. Studios invest far too many of their resources and far too much of their effort into a handful of expensive major tentpole productions every year, and it's become so rare to find pleasures like Knives Out in the theater.