What should we do if we keep on losing

BMiller52 said:
I'm also pretty sure that Erik's contract is worse/longer than brads and that he's the living human foul. You know what? I'm not even going to bother, everybody's just turned on brad and it's obvious suggesting that they trade him for Dampier. I'm sure if people had suggested this trade last season you guys would be cussing them out... Forget this, I'm done.
OOOO no way am i turning on Brad...hes soft i admit that but the Kings have much much bigger problems. Im just giving/taking away credit where credit is due. For a center getting that many minutes i dont think anyone on this board can say brad is "doing his job", hes a 7 footer for heavens sakes...

No need to get offended, just stating facts. Unless you arent offended because of me, in that case omit this post :)

BMiller52 said:
I'm also pretty sure that Erik's contract is worse/longer than brads and that he's the living human foul. You know what? I'm not even going to bother, everybody's just turned on brad and it's obvious suggesting that they trade him for Dampier. I'm sure if people had suggested this trade last season you guys would be cussing them out... Forget this, I'm done.
I am sorry if i offened your favorite player but contract aside the fact is the kings need Erick more then Brad. Man, last year was last year.

JJ22L said:
OOOO no way am i turning on Brad...hes soft i admit that but the Kings have much much bigger problems. Im just giving/taking away credit where credit is due. For a center getting that many minutes i dont think anyone on this board can say brad is "doing his job", hes a 7 footer for heavens sakes...

No need to get offended, just stating facts. Unless you arent offended because of me, in that case omit this post :)

You didn't offend me, the people offending me are the people who'd rather have damp than Brad Miller. People just want change, but they don't even think about what needs to change. They're set against the core 3 even though we've had success with them for a long time. I KNOW changes need to be made, and probably one of them need to be traded, but people need to think why we're doing so badly. SAR also has to get blamed for the rebounding deficit but I don't see anyone blaming him. Yeah, we suck at getting boards. The blame for that goes to Brad AND Shareef AND Peja but people only blame brad and peja? Why? Anyone want to clue me in here?

BMiller52 said:
And you are right as well.

BMiller52 said:
You didn't offend me, the people offending me are the people who'd rather have damp than Brad Miller. People just want change, but they don't even think about what needs to change. They're set against the core 3 even though we've had success with them for a long time. I KNOW changes need to be made, and probably one of them need to be traded, but people need to think why we're doing so badly. SAR also has to get blamed for the rebounding deficit but I don't see anyone blaming him. Yeah, we suck at getting boards. The blame for that goes to Brad AND Shareef AND Peja but people only blame brad and peja? Why? Anyone want to clue me in here?
Probably because SAR at least shows emotion on the offensive end. But i agree with you on the people want change TOO much comment. Acting hastefully would dig us a deeper grave then the one the kings already lie in now. As for the Core comment....we already traded away THE core of this kings team in February. I knew our original core 3 were soft..and werent the leaders that this team needs to get a ring (well i thought MAYBE Bibby, but obviously i was wrong) - i knew that and said that from day one..but i didnt think they would underperform as has been shown this season. And Miller for Dampier would be an ugly trade for sure...maybe what people are saying is Dampier has what Miller Lacks...but in the other sense Dampier has no outside game or passing game, so ironically he LACKS what Miller HAS...sucks when you cant have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
BMiller52 said:
Its because the Maloof hype machine placed the burden of success in these 3 players hands. THEY are what we were supposed to be building around. They are the so-called face of the franchise.

Plus Brad is a big pasty wuss. :D

SacTownKid said:
Its because the Maloof hype machine placed the burden of success in these 3 players hands. THEY are what we were supposed to be building around. They are the so-called face of the franchise.

Plus Brad is a big pasty wuss. :D
So is everyone else except most of them aren't pasty.

BMiller52 said:
Every thing u have said is true, but the core 3 were the one supposed lead the team and have not thus far this season and have let the new guys, sar and bonzi, become our best players. And true they did have success in the past but webber and Divac, the heart and sole of the team, had a big part in that also (And we should leave that onle because that is in the past). The main reason sar is not being blame is because even though he has low rebounding numbers he usually has the points to back it up and has been one of the best players on this team

Anyways- This is kind of an irrelevant question. We can only cheer and hope things get better. We really have no say over personel swaps obviously. The only person in the world this question should be posed to is GP....and i sure hope he knows something is wrong...if the 10-17 record isnt enough. Kinda hopin he gets off his A$$ and does his job soon, to start rebuilding this kings team in the right direction, rather then 6 feet under. Actually what im really hoping for is Peja to release Petrie from his dog collar that Peja likes to walk him with so that Petrie can wake up and realize he should of traded peja when he had value rather then waiting so long, and try to correct this error now before it gets worse.

Last edited:
JJ22L said:
Anyways- The fans can do NOTHING if we keep on losing. We can only cheer and hope things get better. We really have no say over personel swaps obviously. The only person in the world this question should be posed to is GP....and i sure hope he knows something is wrong...if the 10-17 record isnt enough. Kinda hopin he gets off his A$$ and does his job soon, to start rebuilding this kings team in the right direction, rather then 6 feet under.
JJ22L would u like to completely rebuild or would u like to trade for piece and make the playoffs next year. I choose to rebuild i am tried of trying too find pieces its time to rebuild and try for the future.

DaMan said:
JJ22L would u like to completely rebuild or would u like to trade for piece and make the playoffs next year. I choose to rebuild i am tried of trying too find pieces its time to rebuild and try for the future.
I re-edited my post since after you quoted it - i didnt like my wording on it after i re-read it.

To be honest- If it takes a total dismemberment of the Kings and a rebuilding process from the ground up to make the Kings successful again im ALL for it. I think that with the staff we have we aren't going to be able to get away from the princeton offense, which is a huge part of the problem. Adelman and whatnot are set in their ways and arent going to change. I think Adelman is a wonderful coach but as someone earlier posted...people know how to handle the kings offense now and we need something new, we can't just put players around it that are going to fit it anymore. I say we keep Bonzi...everyone else is expendable..and for God's sakes Petrie stop downgrading our players...i mean come on...Vlade to Brad...Webber to SAR...Pollard to Skinner...Keon to Kenny..Bobby to Hart...i mean in all seriousness we do have talent now...but we had SO much more to work with back then...and Petrie really kinda shot us in the foot with his downgrading process he seems to enjoy doing over the past two years.

JJ22L said:
I re-edited my post since after you quoted it - i didnt like my wording on it after i re-read it.

To be honest- If it takes a total dismemberment of the Kings and a rebuilding process from the ground up to make the Kings successful again im ALL for it. I think that with the staff we have we aren't going to be able to get away from the princeton offense, which is a huge part of the problem. Adelman and whatnot are set in their ways and arent going to change. I think Adelman is a wonderful coach but as someone earlier posted...people know how to handle the kings offense now and we need something new, we can't just put players around it that are going to fit it anymore. I say we keep Bonzi...everyone else is expendable..and for God's sakes Petrie stop downgrading our players...i mean come on...Vlade to Brad...Webber to SAR...Pollard to Skinner...Keon to Kenny..Bobby to Hart...i mean in all seriousness we do have talent now...but we had SO much more to work with back then...and Petrie really kinda shot us in the foot with his downgrading process he seems to enjoy doing over the past two years.
I totally agree, yea they have been trying to make a copy of the past but have not successed and i am tried of it. We are not going any where by trying to make a downgraded verison of our old teams every thing needs to change at some point.

Last edited:
P

pedro

DaMan said:
Do u think we should completely rebuild or do u think we should trade some pieces and hope for the playoffs next year?
Make trades for proven players. If that means getting some europeans, buying out contracts, so be it. The bench is what sucks worst for our team. Petrie made some horrible picks.

P

playmaker0017

Ryle said:
Couldn't be that the team doesn't listen to the coach anymore???
This gets my vote.

Of course, it may be like VF21 is saying ... and that's that we don't fit together in the least.

JUST DO SOMETHING!

Get a couple of a-holes like Ron and Ruben that at least have a slight idea what the word DEFENSE means...........also........

make Rick the next coach at Rocklin High School............sorry Rocklin.

Gary said:
I am putting this here because the other thread was locked. I am not watching the Kings games because they are not trying. I had spent a lot of money and had been a part of the cost increases over the last few years while watching a team, or facility that was not worthy of those prices.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of me for my personal boycott. I will not be spending MY time watching any of the games, or spending any of MY money seeing any of the games in person until something is done.

Fairweather fan yes.. When the team does not feel like trying or playing to their potental and I will be a fair weather fan until the cows come home. I refuse to pay the salary of the people that aren't trying, and a coach that has none of their attention.

Is that wrong of me? If so explain. I am fed up with it all, and I am fed up with the huggers that call me a baby, and a whiner when they are being narrowminded. I have spent about $20,000 of my hard earned cash in the last 4 years or so on tickets, apparel, and other stuff Kings related. Why should I accept them putting such a bad team on the floor that does not try? Why should I pay to see a team that cant even win on their home floor?

I have been a Kings fan since about the 3rd year they arrived, and have lived through many BAD seasons when there was nothing to expect from them. Maybe I wasn't so upset because I was not spending MY $$ on games. Well now that I am I expect them to at least play to their potential.

Until a change is made I am not watching any of the games. I am suprised that others have not done similar things.
And you feel the need to announce this why, and in a dramatic diva manner?? Why do we need to care?

Last edited:
T

thesanityannex

DaMan said:
Do u think we should completely rebuild or do u think we should trade some pieces and hope for the playoffs next year?
I don't think it matters what we think.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Everyone on this team is expendable. Some players (Bibby, Bonzi) are guys you might like to keep but at this point the team shows no sign of "pulling togheter" so If I am GM I start thinking new team, might even think new coach and if MY job is on the line I definalty make some moves during the season to show I mean buisness. But the deal with building a new team is that you have to have some foundation. In this case there really is none. So then as GM you have to aquire a foundation either through trade or draft picks. Unfortunatly there are no solid gold draft picks out there that I am aware of. So then what is the point of shuffeling players with foundation and vision, essentaly you are rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Untiill the "Big Deal" is made all the player trading and new coaching in the wolrd will acomplish bubkis.

This brings me to one of my pet peves: Folks who sream "Fire Adelman!" Trade Pedaj, Brad,Bibby etc..." as if those moves will sovle everything (or anything). If you trade or dump any player or coach there has to be an AVAILABLE and REALISTIC replacement! As anoying as the Artest posts are he is at least aparently available and MIGHT realistically be obtained.

So the team needs to be compleetly rebuilt, and no doubt it will, but in general it would seem rather pointless to to be shuffeling this deck untill a key foundaiton piece is lined up. Sure you might trade for more attractive trade bait or big expiring contracts but those are a means to an ends. With that being said this rebuilding was clearly set in motion last year with the Webber trade. GP chose not to gamble on Webber and a team built arround him and every things since then has been about waiting and trying to set up a trade that would land a new centrpice to act as a foundation for serious trades. For those of us who love Chriss this trade seemed cruel and pointless and we have the benifit now of 20/20 hind sight to support us. Oh well here we are looking at the rest of a LONG ugly season and to be frank probably another to follow. I we are very very lucky we are looking at the 2003-2004 Denver Nuggets here, but I suspect it's more like the the 01-02 Nuggets...

B

Bonzinator

pedro said:
Make trades for proven players. If that means getting some europeans, buying out contracts, so be it. The bench is what sucks worst for our team. Petrie made some horrible picks.
the last thing this team needs is europeans. this team needs someone like bonzi who will bring it every night.

If we had to trade 2 of the core players I would trade Bibby, and Peja. Brad should stay. You guys know his rebounds are low because he is out there in the high post all the time. When Vlade was at that spot Brads rebounds were much higher.

Being that Center is the hardest spot to fill I say keep Brad, but change the offense.

I know we can get SOMETHING for Bibby, and Peja. Maybe give Philly Bibby for Dalembert and Peja/another player for Artest and AJ.

C - Dalembert
PF - Miller
SF - Artest
SG - Wells
PG - Johnson

This season is getting closer and closer to being a lost cause. For next year, perhaps the Kings should try to lure back CWebb, BJax, JWill, Darius, ScottyP, Hedo, or anyone else who will come back. Perhaps a big salary and a paid-for house in the El Dorado Hills? Joking, of course. But I do think a restructuring is in order--and perhaps Rick needs to be replaced, although he's done a largely great job as coach. Some fresh (talented) faces and new angles might do the trick.

xelxock said:
This season is getting closer and closer to being a lost cause. For next year, perhaps the Kings should try to lure back CWebb, BJax, JWill, Darius, ScottyP, Hedo, or anyone else who will come back. Perhaps a big salary and a paid-for house in the El Dorado Hills? Joking, of course. But I do think a restructuring is in order--and perhaps Rick needs to be replaced, although he's done a largely great job as coach. Some fresh (talented) faces and new angles might do the trick.

Dude that team is awesome:

Jwill
Bonzi
Pippen
CWebb
Brad

hell yeah!!(i can dream)

Very true. I don't hate Adelman, and I think he is a good coach. Sometimes you just have nothing new to offer a team, and his way of coaching does not fit our players. That being said I don't think these style of players we have atm fit our fanbase. So changes all around! :)

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
BMiller52 said:
Dude that team is awesome:

Jwill
Bonzi
Pippen
CWebb
Brad

hell yeah!!(i can dream)
First xelx meant scot Pollard NOT Scottie Pipin. Second I assumed it was a joke post...

General concern about these bring back "who ever" threads is that this team can NOT turn back the clock nor should they even try. The way out is thruogh. Not by bringing back so and so. Sure there might be a YOUNG guy or two that might fit a new team but Hedo, G Wall or even Webber will NOt be the savior of this team. Lets move on.