What are your other favorite pro teams?

What are your other favorite pro teams?

• Total voters

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
Something tickled a thought and I figured I'd ask: What are your other favorite pro teams?

Kings are a given so I am not delving into the NBA.

I only have so many options, so I tried to list what I think would be the most popular individually and a few others I lumped together. I generally kept it to CA teams (for obvious reasons) but added Las Vegas to capture the Raiders and Golden Knights. I left an option for others so folks can select that and elaborate if they want. And I don't even want to know if you are a Cowboys fan. :p

Warhawk

Staff member
I'm a Kings / 49ers / Giants / Sharks guy.

Also like the River Cats, Republic, Stockton Kings, and Stockton Heat.

Warhawk

Staff member
Why does your poll appear to presuppose that Kings fans only root for other California-based teams?
Because in my experience most Kings fans are in Northern CA and most of those grew up here and like the teams in this state. If I had more options I could have listed more teams. And I included the "other" category for those that do not and want to share in a reply.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Niners / A's for me.

Grew up in a time of Montana to Rice, and the Bash Brothers.

It was very shocking and disheartening to later learn my favorite teams were not, in fact, destined to win all the time.
Although considering how things are panning out with the Niners and A's both looking like serious contenders again this year, what's old is apparently new again (complete with the Kings being decidedly out of the contention picture).

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Niners & Giants die-hard.

I’m always aware of how the Sharks are doing and will watch when they make the playoffs, but wouldn’t really consider myself more than the most casual of fan.

Warhawk

Staff member
Niners & Giants die-hard.

I’m always aware of how the Sharks are doing and will watch when they make the playoffs, but wouldn’t really consider myself more than the most casual of fan.
I, too, am definitely more of a casual Giants, Sharks, and Republic fan as far as watching the games, etc. I've gone to more Sharks games recently than Giants, but really enjoy getting out to River Cats games to watch some baseball though. Same with the Stockton Heat.

English soccer starts this weekend. My team, Fulham, having won the promotion playoffs, is back in the Prem and I'm looking forward to seeing them on TV on a regular basis.

Like the Kings, they're not a big time team. They have had a number of American players in recent years. Brian McBride was the captain, and there's a pub named after him in the stadium. Clint Dempsey scored an amazing goal to get them to the finals of the Europa League a few years ago.

There's some interesting history about their stadium, known as Craven Cottage. Henry VIII had a place in the country west of town when he was king, called Craven Cottage. Anne Boelyn hung out there a lot when she was queen. The site is now in the London suburbs. At Fulham home games, the building behind the upper right corner flag is the Craven Cottage. It's now luxury boxes, and the dressing rooms are there too. Much more interesting than Corporate Behemoth Stadium for a name.

Fulham won promotion just 5 weeks ago, and they're still in the process of retooling the roster. I hope the early results aren't too ugly. They won promotion in 2018, got relegated in 2019, and have now been promoted again. This season will be primarily about surviving. They start out by hosting Arsenal Saturday morning.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I like the Giants but I am a Red Sox fan first. And I'll root for the Sharks too, but otherwise not much of a NorCal sports fan.
Patriots and Bruins.

Portland Timbers.
St. Pauli FC
Liverpool if you press me to choose a 5 star FIFA team, Germany is who I root for in international football when the US are out.

Something tickled a thought and I figured I'd ask: What are your other favorite pro teams?

Kings are a given so I am not delving into the NBA.

I only have so many options, so I tried to list what I think would be the most popular individually and a few others I lumped together. I generally kept it to CA teams (for obvious reasons) but added Las Vegas to capture the Raiders and Golden Knights. I left an option for others so folks can select that and elaborate if they want. And I don't even want to know if you are a Cowboys fan. :p
MLB: Giants

NHL: Sharks (which makes my current living situation an extremely tough pill to swallow. Not a huge fan of the city itself either. Vegas is not just my cup of tea when it comes to establishing a permanent residency here. I'd much rather be a tourist. And, yes, I will be moving out of here in the near future. Right now, I'd love to come BACK home, to the Roseville area. BUT, I might have to settle with another location that provides cheaper cost of living. And, for all I know, I might still end up back in California, but in SoCal - Irvine area. As that is where the company for which I work is based out of. I've been working remotely since I started back in 2016.)

NFL: I voted for the Raiders for multiple reasons. Primarily because back when my dad had his business (liquor store) in West Sacramento, majority of his football-based customers were all die hard Raiders fans. And he used to periodically get tickets to games (from various reps Bud being the most prominent of them). HOWEVEVER....They are NOT my FAVORITE team by any stretch of the imagination. That distinct honor belongs to......

The Dallas Cowboys (Sorry, Warhawk...)

MLS: San Jose Earthquakes

Other: Republic FC and River Cats (I even cheered for the 'Cats when they were tied to the A's, although I am not a huge A's fan by any stretch of the imagination. It was primarily due to the local aspect of it all...)

Last edited: