Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fillmoe

IVote4Replay said:
Black , my family thick, like they’re striped molasses

Star, on the rise, in the eyes of the masses,

Black is the color of my true love’s hair,

Star’s are bright, shining, hot balls of air.....

ah...another Black Star Fan... I'm just lovin' it....
of course man! common/roots/mos def/talib kweli/murs all them conscious rappers need to make an album together!

btw.... im listening to Roots- Tippin Point right now....

T

thesanityannex

Fillmoe said:
of course man! common/roots/mos def/talib kweli/murs all them conscious rappers need to make an album together!

First, I doubt Murs would do an album with them being as he's a member of Living Legends and his content is far different from mos/talib/common.

Second, for all the mos def/talib kweli/common fans, common and talib are doing a show down here in L.A. (only good about living here are the hiphop shows) on September 10th. If anyone is interested, pm me for more details, tix are 25 bucks. well worth it if you've never seen talib or common.

Listening to Swollen Members-Deep End

funkykingston

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fillmoe said:
Love that album. I have a new favorite song every time I listen to it.

I'm currently listening to the White Stripes - Doorbell

I think I'm also going to break out The Roots - Illadelph Halflife and maybe Phrenology.

F

Fillmoe

thesanityannex said:
First, I doubt Murs would do an album with them being as he's a member of Living Legends and his content is far different from mos/talib/common.
actually the content is pretty much similar... listen to songs like and this is for, trevor and them, bad man, etc etc.... they speak some of the same stuff...... but i do agree that a venture between them is unlikely.........

T

thesanityannex

Fillmoe said:
they speak some of the same stuff...... but i do agree that a venture between them is unlikely.........
yeah, i guess some is similiar, the beat to bad man is unreal.

for padrino: now listening gorillaz vs. spacemonkeyz

thesanityannex said:
Lil John and Mike Jones sound like their lyrics were written by a 3rd grader. So I am in total agreement with you. Mike Jones has a song where he repeats his own name more than 40 times. It must take some skill to do that.
Back den, din wan meh. Na'm hot, z'all on meh.

(repeat x27)

F

Fillmoe

jim jones ft trey songz- summer wit miami (HOTT SONG)

"now would you hate me for that? i know your hearts cold would you wait til im back?"

Fillmoe said:

NICE!!!!!

And it weighs a ton
'riq geez motherf*s I'm a son of a gun
Black master of any trade under the sun
Talk sharp like a razor blade under the tongue
clear my path, and come get your captain hung
Tryin' to breath like black'll collapse your lungs..

I LOVE "Web" and "Star."

I'm also listening right now to Martin Luther, Jean Grae (Insane lyricist), the new Coldplay... Thinkin bout breakin out a little Pete Rock and CL Smooth & Grand Puba...

F

Fillmoe

IVote4Replay said:
NICE!!!!!

And it weighs a ton
'riq geez motherf*s I'm a son of a gun
Black master of any trade under the sun
Talk sharp like a razor blade under the tongue
clear my path, and come get your captain hung
Tryin' to breath like black'll collapse your lungs..

I LOVE "Web" and "Star."

I'm also listening right now to Martin Luther, Jean Grae (Insane lyricist), the new Coldplay... Thinkin bout breakin out a little Pete Rock and CL Smooth & Grand Puba...

YEAAAAAAH BWOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in flava flav voice) jean grae is the best female lyricist hands down! pete rock is crazy on the beats..... gotta love that pete rock and cl smooth mecca and the soul brotha! i loved that joint for days! TROY......... man now i have to bust it out

Oh yeah!!

Fillmoe said:
YEAAAAAAH BWOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(in flava flav voice) jean grae is the best female lyricist hands down! pete rock is crazy on the beats..... gotta love that pete rock and cl smooth mecca and the soul brotha! i loved that joint for days! TROY......... man now i have to bust it out
Hells yeah!! Mecca's a classic!! Ey, Fillmoe- have you heard of PLANTLIFE?? If no, you really gotta check it out- very "Earth, wind 'n Fire-Andre 3000-George Clinton" feel.... that, and Handsome Boy Modeling School...

I'm not actually listening to anything currently (except the a/c hum and the clickety-clack of my typing), but I've had Kanye West's "Gold Digger" running through my head since I caught the video this morning. Very catchy.

F

Fillmoe

IVote4Replay said:
Hells yeah!! Mecca's a classic!! Ey, Fillmoe- have you heard of PLANTLIFE?? If no, you really gotta check it out- very "Earth, wind 'n Fire-Andre 3000-George Clinton" feel.... that, and Handsome Boy Modeling School...
handsome boy modeling school... prince paul and dan the automator.... CLASSIC MATERIAL!

reminds me of another classic.... Lovage! music to make ...... to your lady by

T

thesanityannex

Fillmoe said:
handsome boy modeling school... prince paul and dan the automator.... CLASSIC MATERIAL!

reminds me of another classic.... Lovage! music to make ...... to your lady by
That Lovage album is classic. That chick's voice is seductive and the singer from Faith No More is impressive as well.

On an Automator note:

Listening to Deltron 3030-The Instrumentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.