Welcome Tyrese Haliburton

You're right. There is 17 including Guy. I kept including Yogi.

It's a mystery to me how the final roster will shake out. There are a lot of bigs going into camp and it's no guarantee that Kaminsky makes the final squad.
Yes, I was thinking the same. We have 5 players including 2 rookies in the back court, which is thin to begin with. In COVID times, it is too much of a risk. The roster needs balancing.

ps: Fixed an earlier mistake when I missed counting Ramsey and said we have only 4 players in the back court. In any case, I expect Ramsey to spend significant time in Stockton.

Last edited:
Haliburton update. He is playing like a second or third year player already.
That did not take long. Last night in the Suns #2 game he led the team in assists and was second in scoring. No turnovers.
I have under estimated this guy. That is a mistake.

gunks

Hall of Famer
Lol at the teams that passed on him because Haliburton is a stud. Playing like he’s been in the league years already.

Feels nice to have a capable GM making picks. I don’t think we’ve really had that since the late 90s!

I dunno how high his ceiling is, but this kids floor is a starter on a playoff caliber team. Crazy that we can already say that about him 4 games into his NBA career.

He’s going to be an advanced stats monster. His per game stats will look pedestrian, but nobody should be fooled by that.
Taking a quick look, I don't think it's a hot-take to say he's been the best non-high USG player in the NBA. Not rookie, player.

The efficiency will of course regress, but him immediately playing like the best role player in the NBA is super exciting.

Let me repeat from an earlier post, I think the season goal (maybe among others) for Hallibuton ought to be steals leader for rookies - and that might include team steals leader. Its lofty considering Fox gets more minutes, but a healthy goal.

Great steal in the 4th quarter to help keep the Nuggets away. 3 steals for the game is very good.

He looks great so far. I'm not ready to put a ceiling on him yet, either. Kids who can do as many things as well as him, are not too common.

His overall defence in particular looks much better than I expected right out the gate. He is quick laterally, very long, good fundamentals, challenges shots properly and he is a terror in passing lanes. I absolutely think he can make all-defensivee teams in the future.

I like how Haliburton has a "down" game when it comes to turnovers and he's still at an elite 3 to 1 assist to TO ratio. In 4 games this year, he is sitting at a 7 to 1 ast to TO ratio. That's insane. He's not enough of a play maker at this point to be the QB of the offense like Fox is but I think he's already positioning himself as the best player on the team when it comes to making decisions.

I absolutely love this kid!!! It's crazy to think that he's an instant upgrade over Bogie but it's true. This kid has a feel for the game only a handful of guys in this league have. I'm looking forward to his development and his natural ability to unlock untapped potential of our current roster, from getting Holmes the ball in the lane in stride where he knows his floater is as Doug would say "patent pending", to setting up the defense with a jump pass to create a little extra separation for the shooter. I'm telling you his attention to detail and understanding the nuances of the game are OFF THE FRIGGIN' CHARTS! This kid is a winner and will raise the bar for the rest of the team. Cheers!

Last edited:

bajaden

Hall of Famer
I like how Haliburton has a "down" game when it comes to turnovers and he's still at an elite 3 to 1 assist to TO ratio. In 4 games this year, he is sitting at a 7 to 1 ast to TO ratio. That's insane. He's not enough of a play maker at this point to be the QB of the offense like Fox is but I think he's already positioning himself as the best player on the team when it comes to making decisions.
He had the fewest turnovers in college for a Div 1 high usage PG last year, and had the best assist to turnover rate as well. None of this is a surprise to me. His BBIQ and overall feel for the game is off the charts. As I posted on the prospects fourm, I thought he was the best player in this draft. Three years from now, who knows? I still can't believe he fell to us.

He had the fewest turnovers in college for a Div 1 high usage PG last year, and had the best assist to turnover rate as well. None of this is a surprise to me. His BBIQ and overall feel for the game is off the charts. As I posted on the prospects fourm, I thought he was the best player in this draft. Three years from now, who knows? I still can't believe he fell to us.
I paid almost no attention to the draft but I would believe this is the case now. What are your thoughts on his chances at ROY?

this is the kind of baller i ve been asking the FO for for a decade!

actually take all encompassing IQ over any 1 individual trait like athleticism or shooting and watch them transform the team culture and make players better!!