Welcome Tyrese Haliburton

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
To be fair, he name-checked all 5 starters, plus he said it himself that he's a bit of a NBA history buff. So I wouldn't put too much stock in it...

Like Baja said, try not to get TOOOO excited lol ;):p
Sure. He could have just learned the lineup playing NBA2K or something but I've never heard any basketball fan outside of Sacramento name-check Doug Christie aside from silly Laker fans who don't realize he punked Rick Fox not the other way around so it stands out. Also, to me he's emblematic of the glue guy unsung hero who stays in the background while his more famous teammates collect all the accolades and quietly makes everyone around him better. Not many NBA prospects would even acknowledge that type of player.

Are we calling 2018 a “best draft night” here? Because I still consider it the biggest trainwreck in modern franchise history.

Or are we talking Fox? I don’t remember if he actually wanted to be here, or was just the last remaining of the Big 5 of his class.
Both Fox and Bagley were happy to be here. I think Bagley will come good and we will have a sweet young squad.

Welcome to the team.

Knowing nothing about him before - I already like his style, his interviews, and the optimism he brings. In the one highlight reel I watched it was like someone squished J Will and Kevin Martin together.

He wants to be here and Bogi and Hield want out. Let’s help out Bogi and Hield to get the hell out of the way for this kid
Id like to know if Hield sees anything differently now with Bogdan apparently moving on and an exciting third guard replacement.

Last edited:
Both Zach Lowe and Jonathan Givony have reported that the Mavs were trying to move up to get Haliburton.

Makes a lot of sense with Carlisle preferring multiple ballhandlers/playmakers and the potential fit next to Luka.
So I wasn’t the only one wondering about that pairing. ;) Mentioned it in another thread. Just seemed like a great fit.

Glad Haliburton really wanted to come to SAC, as is being reported.

Okay, now I'm fully on board. I was trying to figure out who this kid reminds me of and I can't quite place it but he's already got the voice and demeanor of a workhorse veteran head coach. Also, he's from Wisconsin and was born in 2000 and has never been to California (maybe?) but he name-checked Doug Christie - my favorite player from those early 2000 Kings along with the rest of the lineup? Yo. I see you Tyrese! Respect.
Yeah, I saw that last night. He has to be in the 1% of 20 year olds (not from the area) that would know anything about that team.

He called himself a bit of an NBA historian, for a 20 year old, and now I believe him. Perhaps that’s another reason he wanted to be here.

I think one of, if not the, biggest winners last night was Bagley. Haliburton loves feeding the big fella, and is the inexplicably rare young guard who can actually make a proper post entry pass these days. The art of the post entry is just dying, but Haliburton passes big men into scoring position constantly. I could watch Haliburton throw post entry passes all day...anyway, Bagley (and Fox) are going to love playing with this kid. We’ve got some good basketball in our future.

hrdboild

Hall of Famer
lol at all the measurements in these scouting videos. Nobody has any idea what Tyrese Haliburton's wingspan is. I've seen it listed anywhere from 6'7.5" to 7'. And they all just list it as if it's a fact. I think that 6'7.5" measurement is from 2 years ago. Keep on youtubing Youtube!

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
lol at all the measurements in these scouting videos. Nobody has any idea what Tyrese Haliburton's wingspan is. I've seen it listed anywhere from 6'7.5" to 7'. And they all just list it as if it's a fact. I think that 6'7.5" measurement is from 2 years ago. Keep on youtubing Youtube!
For whatever it’s worth, (I think it matters the most TBH) he plays long. Disrupts passing lanes like crazy, switches onto wings.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I think one of, if not the, biggest winners last night was Bagley. Haliburton loves feeding the big fella, and is the inexplicably rare young guard who can actually make a proper post entry pass these days. The art of the post entry is just dying, but Haliburton passes big men into scoring position constantly. I could watch Haliburton throw post entry passes all day...anyway, Bagley (and Fox) are going to love playing with this kid. We’ve got some good basketball in our future.
Hopefully he doesn’t mind ever touching the ball again after feeding Bagley.

Hilariously there was was some clip I saw on NBC sports or something and the guy they were talking too said "the king's front office isn't well thought of and a lot of scouts think that will hurt Haliburton"

The front office has been together for about 10 minutes and apparently they're already "not well thought of". :D

These sources are literally made up.

I was just thinking about how wonderful the fit with Bagley might be

excatly

somebody needs to feed our jumping jack with the balls...
that's why i rooted for avdija or hayes prior to the draft, in case we trade for a higher pick.
ok, i'm european that's why first i checked euro players on draft. didn't paid much attention on haliburton because he was out of our reach according to the majority of mocks.
so i hoped there is something interesting at 35. pick, because the consensus was saddiq bey or some other 3&D wing.

for example boban's last two seasons in europe; he moved to red star, but didn't get exploited properly in his first season. red star didn't have any passing PG's, or creative passers overall. PNR's was out of the question, nobody was able to perform them.
next season, marcus wiliams (ex uconn, nets, GSW, grizzlies) moved in and they became a true menace in euroleague, so:

Marjanovic proved to be a real force in 2014-15, leading the competition in index rating, rebounds and 2-pointers made. He was also third in scoring in helping him land a spot on the 2014-15 All-Euroleague First Team.
just a proper PG...