Welcome to Sacramento Coach Musselman!

Welcome coach Mussleman! :)

I think the Maloofs have chosen the best qualified coach from those interviewed.

It should be interesting to see where we go from here.

Warhawk said:
The Rise Guys had an interview with the Grizz play-by-play guy (IIRC) yesterday and he said Bonzi didn't seem to have a problem with anyone except Fratello and thought he'd have no problem playing for Muss.
Hell Bobby Jackson had problems with Fratello.

I am just glad that the Maloofs made a good basketball decision. It kind of restores my faith in them as owners. Next season is definatly going to be interesting. With that said, welcome Coach Musselman!!!

WELCOME! I will still miss Adelman, but am excited to see what Musselman will do. I have NO IDEA what to expect, but it should be fun!!

BoJax Redux

chelle said:
I wouldn't have a problem with that!!:)
Don't really see it happening, but I would like it!
I think it would make a lot of sense, especially if the Kings were going to draft a rookie PG or combo guard. A lot of mock drafts have the Kings drafting scoring combo guards such as Douby, Diaz, Brown, etc. I don't think the Kings will want to rely upon a rookie as their sole backup PG. However, if the Kings could sign Bobby to a reasonable 2 year deal, he could serve as a great contrast to Bibby (like before) and a mentor to the younger player.

Besides, how great would it be to resign Bobby. Talk about a great trade, we trade Bobby (or rent him for one season) and Ostertag (a $4 million salary dump) for Bonzi (great player and sign & trade material)

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
I like it. Good fit. Coach and Bonzi seem on same page. Let's get on with it and give the new Coach our support. Congrats Coach Musselman.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Welcome, Coach Musselman!

I hope your stay here is as long and as successful as your predecessor.

:D

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
Welcome, Coach Musselman!

I hope your stay here is as long and as successful as your predecessor.

:D
More successful would be better suited for him.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
thesanityannex said:
More successful would be better suited for him.
You're kidding, right? I'm posting good luck and good wishes to the new coach and you have to argue with THAT, too?

Good lord.

Whatever. My definition of success is winning seasons, going to the playoffs every year, and putting a team on the court despite hardships that still entertained and thrilled.

If your definition is different, fine, but is it really necessary to make a comment over two bleeping words? Should I just send my posts to you ahead of time so you can review them?

:rolleyes:

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
You're kidding, right? I'm posting good luck and good wishes to the new coach and you have to argue with THAT, too?

Good lord.

Whatever. My definition of success is winning seasons, going to the playoffs every year, and putting a team on the court despite hardships that still entertained and thrilled.

If your definition is different, fine, but is it really necessary to make a comment over two bleeping words? Should I just send my posts to you ahead of time so you can review them?

:rolleyes:
First, please explain how that is an arguement.

Good lord? Please.

Anyone else on this board would not have reacted like this. It was a light hearted comment at the fact that he never won a title for us, and most of us would like to see Musselman win a title.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
yeah, VF you seem to be a little more defensive than usual, I guess I understand considering the last week or so, but I didn't see that as baiting an argument or anything.

Oh, and I just looked at your post total, 30,000 YIKES!!! Congrats!

Welcome to a wonderful team, Coach Musselman !

I'm looking forward to the new season to see how or and/if you will turn this team into a positive direction. :)

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
SacTownKid said:
yeah, VF you seem to be a little more defensive than usual, I guess I understand considering the last week or so, but I didn't see that as baiting an argument or anything.
I'm not going to address this other than to say there are more things at play here that what you see.

I just looked at your post total, 30,000 YIKES!!! Congrats!
Hey, those PBP threads helped a lot.

;)

T

thesanityannex

VF21 said:
I'm not going to address this other than to say there are more things at play here that what you see.
All things aside, it wasn't even the slightest attempt to argue with you.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
If you say so, sanity. I don't want to pursue this on the board. I'm pretty sure no one else is interested.

Have a nice evening.

Don't know if this was posted

"He came with two books, and each book was 100 pages," Kings co-owner Gavin Maloof said. "He had every single practice, every single drill that he's ever run. He knew the likes and dislikes of all of our players. He knew their hobbies. He put it all together, and we didn't even give him that much lead time, probably two or three days. I said, 'You probably stayed up all night.'"
:eek:

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/story/14263447p-15076358c.html

Warhawk said:
The Rise Guys had an interview with the Grizz play-by-play guy (IIRC) yesterday and he said Bonzi didn't seem to have a problem with anyone except Fratello and thought he'd have no problem playing for Muss.

Eric Hasseltine from Folsom.