Welcome Spencer Hawes!

WELCOME TO THE SACRAMENTO SPENCER HAWES!

Regardless if we as Kings fans loved the pick or not, you are now a Sacramento King, which means that if you work hard, you WILL NOT get booed.

Just do me a favor...please develop a knack for rebounding. You do that and you become a GEM.

My dad and I are watching the draft and when they said on espn that Hawes had a "I love George Bush bumper sticker" on his car my dad shouted out "I love him already great pick" lol.
Now.... I'm not so sure I like him................

hahaha just kidding

Welcome to the Kings! Spencer!

CruzDude

Senior Member sharing a brew with bajaden
Welcome Spencer. I like this pick Brad can mentor him for a year or two (doubt anyone will take Brad off our hands anyway) and get him increasing minutes and throw a big body on him in practice.

Spence has great moves, great footwork (better than any big we have now), is a true 7-0, can shoot with either hand, is a very good passer and is 76% FT shooter. From what little film clips I saw he seems to run the floor well too. Many things that no big we have brings. Adding another 10-15 lb will give him better post-up ops.

Lets see what he looks like in the Vegas summer league against the next level of competition.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I'm not thrilled but I thought a lot of people had unrealistic hopes for a team picking 10th. I'm willing to wait and see. If he's a young and healthy Vlade or Miller type I think I could live with that even though he's not the once in a decade center that Portland may have just gotten. So welcome Spencer.

Actually I don't think that's true at all. He's got exactly what reef and Miller bring, just in a different mix. He's younger, but that may just mean a whole new generation of the same deficiencies.
I think you are thinking the young Reaf and healthy Miller, Brick. :D

Most things Hawes can and possible will bring to the table, Miller and Reaf can't do anymore. :p

Looks like the draft's over and Petrie has settled on our team as is...so as promised Welcome Spencer to the Kings (circa 1982-98) it feels like home again

Well, I got to thinking, what if Spencer Hawes is reading this? He may or may not be, but it stands to reason that he could be, and if he is, I want to say this:

Welcome kid! From what I here, you're willing to work hard, and you have a lot of skills to offer. Let's see some improvement on rebounding and defense, and you could very well end up being a very good pick, and a valuable piece. I look forward to seeing what you can do in Summer League and beyond.

People may not like his play and that's fine. However from the interviews I've read and the reports, personally I like the kid and I think he's going to work extremely hard to improve his game.

My dad and I are watching the draft and when they said on espn that Hawes had a "I love George Bush bumper sticker" on his car my dad shouted out "I love him already great pick" lol.
People still have those????

Anyway, welcome Spencer. I'm willing to take a "wait and see" attitude.

I think you guys are sleeping on Hawes. He has a VERY polished post game that will and might remind you of Tim Duncan (on OFFENSE) for only being 19 years old.

No chance in hell am I comparing him to Tim Duncan. Just the offense part.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I think you guys are sleeping on Hawes. He has a VERY polished post game that will and might remind you of Tim Duncan (on OFFENSE) for only being 19 years old.

No chance in hell am I comparing him to Tim Duncan. Just the offense part.
Mentioned this before, but while that may be true, if you took Tim Duncan's offense, and pasted it onto Primoz Brezec's rebounding and defense, how valuable would the resulting player be? Maybe a part time post playing roleplayer ala Smits, only smaller?

Anyway, wrong thread again.

Last edited: