Welcome Sean Singletary!!

Ya, maybe there just hoping for a second coming of Bobby tho, but I dont see much similarities of Bobby and Ca$h Money. I don't know tho mayby(Hopefully)$$ turns out to be second coming of Bobby Jackson.

Side Note: I used his nicknames to get people used to them lol

His Coach from Virginia was on the Rise Guys this morning and he blamed his shooting to much on the fact that the Coach wanted him to. He didn't have alot of help around him and he had to make things happen so the Coach told him to take shots no matter how bad they were.
Because he's old coach told him to, I hope it doesn't rub off when he plays on the Kings. Not that I don't want him to shot, I just want him to dish out more to that guys that can also shot. That's all I'm saying.

Because he's old coach told him to, I hope it doesn't rub off when he plays on the Kings. Not that I don't want him to shot, I just want him to dish out more to that guys that can also shot. That's all I'm saying.

This guy is really going to be one of the better shooting/passing foward/center in the leauge. I mean c'mon the guy played gaurd is first couple years in high school, sure mayby that dosen't mean much, but I'm liking more and more what I see in this kid.

This guy is really going to be one of the better shooting/passing foward/center in the leauge. I mean c'mon the guy played gaurd is first couple years in high school, sure mayby that dosen't mean much, but I'm liking more and more what I see in this kid.
It's a similar story to a lot of bigs with good guard skills.

C

Cville386

I had the privilege of seeing sean play all four years at uva. Its true what Dave Leito said about Sean not being surrounded by to much talent. His stock in the draft fell from last year because he lost the shooting support of JR Reynolds who graduated a year before Sean. He is full of energy and has had to put the game on his shoulders for the majority of the last season. The lack of talent and support showed last year as a result. As a season ticket holder to the UVA games I can say that we will miss the energy and emotion he brings to the games and the team will be real bad to unless some how we get another player like him.

Well thats my 2cents and I hope you guys enjoy him and what he brings to your team next year.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Thanks and welcome to the board. Feel free to share any info here on Sean. So your saying his numbers dropped because he had less talent around him. Hmmm makes think of Thompson again.

Dont worry about that. When Sean had just a little talent on his team they were co- ACC champs his junior year and that team wasnt loaded like UNC or Duke by any means. Sean has more heart than you can imagine, Great shooter, great defender, great true point gaurd. His senior year he played with a lot of younger guys who just kinda stood around in awe of Sean and he had to force a lot of shots and couldnt play his normal game. If he was at Kansas where he could have gone, he would have had better numbers I am sure. He is a true point, great defender, and he can rebound for a little man. He is just the kind of player who knows how to play basketball. If you can watch his game in the CBI tournament against ODU, he won that game pretty much single handidly in the last 30 seconds with a 3 to get the game within 1, then a steal and layup and one to take the lead with just a couple of seconds left was magical. I was there and it was the most amazing sports span by one player I have ever seen. Look it up!

You guys got a steal! You should be thrilled. I honestly believe he is one of the top 3 PG's in the draft easily. He just wasnt surrounded by as much talent, but still excelled against top notch competition, and he has already played well against Chris Paul in college and many others. He owned Arizona. He'll blow the doors off of most NBA point gaurds with his speed and great ball handling, and will dish it when someone slides over to him, or if not he will finish. He's the real deal.

p.s there are a bunch of new Kings fans in Va now.

Dont worry about that. When Sean had just a little talent on his team they were co- ACC champs his junior year and that team wasnt loaded like UNC or Duke by any means. Sean has more heart than you can imagine, Great shooter, great defender, great true point gaurd. His senior year he played with a lot of younger guys who just kinda stood around in awe of Sean and he had to force a lot of shots and couldnt play his normal game. If he was at Kansas where he could have gone, he would have had better numbers I am sure. He is a true point, great defender, and he can rebound for a little man. He is just the kind of player who knows how to play basketball. If you can watch his game in the CBI tournament against ODU, he won that game pretty much single handidly in the last 30 seconds with a 3 to get the game within 1, then a steal and layup and one to take the lead with just a couple of seconds left was magical. I was there and it was the most amazing sports span by one player I have ever seen. Look it up!

You guys got a steal! You should be thrilled. I honestly believe he is one of the top 3 PG's in the draft easily. He just wasnt surrounded by as much talent, but still excelled against top notch competition, and he has already played well against Chris Paul in college and many others. He owned Arizona. He'll blow the doors off of most NBA point gaurds with his speed and great ball handling, and will dish it when someone slides over to him, or if not he will finish. He's the real deal.

p.s there are a bunch of new Kings fans in Va now.

As a fan of college basketball who watched him a lot on tv(definitely not close to as much as all of you VA fans though) I can say he definitely impressed me more than Collison, Lawson, etc.

As a fan of college basketball who watched him a lot on tv(definitely not close to as much as all of you VA fans though) I can say he definitely impressed me more than Collison, Lawson, etc.
He is way better than Lawson I am sure of that. I cant wait to buy my new kings jersy when its official he is on the team. I have no doubts at all he will be your backup and challenge for the starting spot in 1 year.

I cant wait to buy my new kings jersy when its official he is on the team.
If past practice is any indication, there won't be any jerseys available soon, but you can have a custom one made for a very reasonable price. That's what I did when I liked someone who wasn't a first rounder.

SS against ODU

Here is a clip from Virginia's win against ODU. Singletary had a nice steal at the end of the game that lead to the winning basket. He finished 2nd all time at UVa in steals with over 200. Against NCST last season he had 7 in a game. His on the ball defense really got better this season. He had to score at UVa, but he still averaged over 6 apg while scoring 19 ppg. If he had better talent surrounding him that assist number would be around 10 apg without a doubt.

ODU Game - must watch

Here is a clip from Virginia's win against ODU. Singletary had a nice steal at the end of the game that lead to the winning basket. He finished 2nd all time at UVa in steals with over 200. Against NCST last season he had 7 in a game. His on the ball defense really got better this season. He had to score at UVa, but he still averaged over 6 apg while scoring 19 ppg. If he had better talent surrounding him that assist number would be around 10 apg without a doubt.

ODU Game - must watch

He's good for a double double almost every game with shooters and that level of talent around him. I cant wait.

i watched the highlights again... pretty quick and athletic the knock was in was his height ? or his shot selection?

sick moves mean crossovers too

looks like douby's got some competition now

He's good for a double double almost every game with shooters and that level of talent around him. I cant wait.

Yeah they actually had a video of the workout he was in on kings.com and I actually really came away impressed with him then. I think he will do well in the NBA. I don't think height will be a problem because of his strength/length and like you say he's a better passer than people think(still, he got 6 APG).