Welcome (Back) Tyreke Evans!

Your Favorite Reke Highlight

• Total voters
How would you guys feel if Reke actually helped this team March into the playoffs? Draft pick be damned or happy to be invited to the dance?
At this point, we should tank hard. If we squeeze into the playoffs, we lose our pick to the Bulls.

At some point, this organization has to do something right, even by accident. We are going to suck, so let's suck properly for once and get it over with.

So what position was Tyreke playing for New orleans? I remember when he was here, there was so many questions about what's his best position. Wonder what position he will play for us. Have always like Tyreke.
For what it's worth, Basketball-Reference has him at 25% SG, 70% SF, and 5% PF this season. Last season, though, he was at 42% PG, 43% SG, and 15% SF.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/evansty01.html

How would you guys feel if Reke actually helped this team March into the playoffs? Draft pick be damned or happy to be invited to the dance?
If you as a team just trade your franchise player for sweet **** all, then your obligation is to tank like it has never been tanked before. Trade all your valuable vets for picks and young players. So if the Kings don't trade Collison, Lawson and Kosta by the end of the trade deadline they are more ****ed up than people think.

If you are going to do this, then do it properly. Load up on kids and draft picks, throw them into the deep end and see if they sink or swim. Those that sink you trade away or throw away and you keep drafting until you get lucky and if you are really lucky you might be able to get a good young core like Minnesota has or like GSW did years ago. If you keep pissing away your draft picks like the Kings have been doing then you end up being the Kings. A laughable franchise whose history is filled with consistent failures aside from one time they lucked into a pretty darn good team.

If you as a team just trade your franchise player for sweet **** all, then your obligation is to tank like it has never been tanked before. Trade all your valuable vets for picks and young players. So if the Kings don't trade Collison, Lawson and Kosta by the end of the trade deadline they are more ****ed up than people think.

If you are going to do this, then do it properly. Load up on kids and draft picks, throw them into the deep end and see if they sink or swim. Those that sink you trade away or throw away and you keep drafting until you get lucky and if you are really lucky you might be able to get a good young core like Minnesota has or like GSW did years ago. If you keep pissing away your draft picks like the Kings have been doing then you end up being the Kings. A laughable franchise whose history is filled with consistent failures aside from one time they lucked into a pretty darn good team.
Agreed. We need to get rid of these guys ASAP, and get whatever we can for them. If we don't manage to trade everybody with an expiring contract, then Vlade is even worse than we all think he is now. I have little faith that the organization can develop young talent, so I think you need to cast a wide net with as many young prospects and draft picks as possible, and hope someone takes off. There is absolutely no reason to keep Collison and Afflalo on the team right now, so stock pile some 2nd round picks and try and turn those into 1st rounders. Fingers crossed, but I'm not holding my breath at this point

Galloway is actually a good player and can play PG or SG. Shoots the three ball at a good clip and plays solid defense and he is on a good contract and is only 25. I see him as a Temple type.
Not sure if it was just NO's style of play but the dude is a chucker

You don't just throw away all your vets. You need vet leadership to help young guys develop. We've made that mistake in the past. I'm not saying don't trade Collison and so on, but this idea of just having young guys sink or swim isn't wise. I'm not excited about having 5 Ben McLemore's starting just because for the next 5 years thank you very much.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
Reke, I'd like to welcome you back for these 25 games or so that remain and then follow that up with a goodbye thread when you are gone after the season is over.

Yep, yep and yep. We've gone through every iteration of how bad the Boogie trade was, but it's done. What would probably make me even more frustrated is if we don't do anything else and keep guys the productive vets who at the very least (and i mean VERY LEAST) get back multiple second round picks and maybe a prospect or two.

The rest of the season should be giving as many reps to Buddy, WCS, Skal, Papa, Malachi (when healthy) as we can.

You don't just throw away all your vets. You need vet leadership to help young guys develop. We've made that mistake in the past. I'm not saying don't trade Collison and so on, but this idea of just having young guys sink or swim isn't wise. I'm not excited about having 5 Ben McLemore's starting just because for the next 5 years thank you very much.
You still have Temple, Tolliver and maybe even Kosta who will provide veteran presence. Trade Collison and sign up Jordan Farmer to be the veteran guy who will play the minutes at PG.

The point is that you have expiring assets there that will NOT be here next year. If you have just dumped your franchise player for sweet **** all, then you damn well make sure that you maximize the value from the rest of your roster and play the kids often and lot. By all means have a couple of veterans who set the tone and establish the culture and take these youngster under their wing (Temple, Tolliver and maybe, just maybe Kosta).

You still have Temple, Tolliver and maybe even Kosta who will provide veteran presence. Trade Collison and sign up Jordan Farmer to be the veteran guy who will play the minutes at PG.

The point is that you have expiring assets there that will NOT be here next year. If you have just dumped your franchise player for sweet **** all, then you damn well make sure that you maximize the value from the rest of your roster and play the kids often and lot. By all means have a couple of veterans who set the tone and establish the culture and take these youngster under their wing (Temple, Tolliver and maybe, just maybe Kosta).
From the vets I think Collison and Afflalo should be traded tommorow. Afflalo for sure wont be here next year and it saves us from dealing with the buyout. Collison im almost certain wouldnt re sign here and he has value. A contender might give up a first rounder for him. He can be a key backup to a contending team, much like a deal for Lou Williams. Maybe we take on a poor contract to get the pick(which is fine since salary csp will not be an issue next season). Then again I have no faith in Vlade in a high stake negotiation. I think Ty, Temple, Tolliver and Koufos should stay.

Neat, we're building towards Grant's dream-team of 12 Temple-esq players. They may not be the most talented, but they try their hardest and will have the arena packed each and every night, win or lose!
They can't average 27/11/5 or improve a 15-win team to 33 wins, but boy do they have great body language and easily accept the inept and often one-sided officiating that goes on each game.

Solid gold!

They can't average 27/11/5 or improve a 15-win team to 33 wins, but boy do they have great body language and easily accept the inept and often one-sided officiating that goes on each game.

Solid gold!
Lol. If all you want to talk about is how great Cousins is and how the whole world and refs are against him I suggest you take it to a Pelicans forum.

Galloway is actually a good player and can play PG or SG. Shoots the three ball at a good clip and plays solid defense and he is on a good contract and is only 25. I see him as a Temple type.
I'm sorry, but no. I'm happy to give him a chance, but look at his stats over three seasons. Low shooting percentage and doesn't pass well. He can get hot, though. And his defense is a plus.

From the vets I think Collison and Afflalo should be traded tommorow. Afflalo for sure wont be here next year and it saves us from dealing with the buyout. Collison im almost certain wouldnt re sign here and he has value. A contender might give up a first rounder for him. He can be a key backup to a contending team, much like a deal for Lou Williams. Maybe we take on a poor contract to get the pick(which is fine since salary csp will not be an issue next season). Then again I have no faith in Vlade in a high stake negotiation. I think Ty, Temple, Tolliver and Koufos should stay.
Agree. But I would add McLemore to the "should be traded tomorrow" list. The fact that he's been playing well lately just means he might have value right now. It's a narrow window of opportunity before his averages catch up to him.