Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Thunder in 5

• Thunder in 6

• Thunder in 7

• Total voters
His "funk" games are happening far more frequently. I tend to put it more on his littany of injuries this year -- especially that finger. But it certainly isn't the Kobe I remember.

I'm sure he comes back with a strong Game 4. Right??
Judging by his performance in game 4, you are clearly right. :D

I think that's bs. The NBA does not have necessarily a pro LA bias. or anti Kings bias. They have a pro money bias, and in 2002 they decided to make the series go seven games. The thunder are a young upstart team, that a lot of people are noticing. It would be huge ratings it the series went seven games, and they coudl win it in seven.

I don't think we'll ever see the kind of officiating that we saw in 2002 agian. There's just no way. Not with the NBA's slightly tarnished Donaghy related image.

!!beat la!!

!!BEAT LA!!

OKC just beat LA! (2-2)
I wanna see more so that Kobe and Fisher will have an long long summer vacation...:D

!!BEAT LA!!

Lakers are looking slow and somewhat shell shocked. Can't get loose balls as Thunder scoop them up right and left to get off in transition. Rebounds and blocks are all about IBAKA - who!? Artest is looking like he isn't going to like age 30 and above going forward and even Kobe at 31 looks increasingly worn down. Mid 30's Fisher looks like his feet are in cement trying to deal with Westbrook. Lakers "might" still get past this #8 seed but OKCity is taking big pounds of flesh off those old Laker bones with each game they extend the series.

Im not a lakers fan, but i saw a fixed game there. How do you get one team shooting 84 free throws..? That will ruin momentum for any team. The NBA is turning into a profit scam. $35k fine for criticizing the referee? Gimme a break...

Im not a lakers fan, but i saw a fixed game there. How do you get one team shooting 84 free throws..? That will ruin momentum for any team. The NBA is turning into a profit scam. $35k fine for criticizing the referee? Gimme a break...
i think its the other way around when it comes to fixing and lakers :D

needless im loving the beating the thunder are giving the lakers... they should remember they are young they got legs and to take it to the champs that way speaks volumes.... well lakers dont play like champs any ways. stomp them THUNDER! the athleticism is too much for the lakers? i suspect?

btw i dont want a ring for artest a whackjob like that doesnt deserve any

i think its the other way around when it comes to fixing and lakers :D

needless im loving the beating the thunder are giving the lakers... they should remember they are young they got legs and to take it to the champs that way speaks volumes.... well lakers dont play like champs any ways. stomp them THUNDER! the athleticism is too much for the lakers? i suspect?

btw i dont want a ring for artest a whackjob like that doesnt deserve any
Take it to the champ? The champ didnt even get a chance to play because of all the whistles.

I think that's bs. The NBA does not have necessarily a pro LA bias. or anti Kings bias. They have a pro money bias, and in 2002 they decided to make the series go seven games. The thunder are a young upstart team, that a lot of people are noticing. It would be huge ratings it the series went seven games, and they coudl win it in seven.

I don't think we'll ever see the kind of officiating that we saw in 2002 agian. There's just no way. Not with the NBA's slightly tarnished Donaghy related image.
You might not see officiating like 2002 WCF again, but you might see 1 or 2 bogus calls that could hurt a young team like OKC in the long run and tip the scales in favor of LA.

Lakers are looking slow and somewhat shell shocked. Can't get loose balls as Thunder scoop them up right and left to get off in transition. Rebounds and blocks are all about IBAKA - who!? Artest is looking like he isn't going to like age 30 and above going forward and even Kobe at 31 looks increasingly worn down. Mid 30's Fisher looks like his feet are in cement trying to deal with Westbrook. Lakers "might" still get past this #8 seed but OKCity is taking big pounds of flesh off those old Laker bones with each game they extend the series.
The Lakers have serious matchup issues with the Thunder. No one can really guard Durant, for example. And Westbrook can eat them alive too. Damn that dude is fast. They are deeper than you think, and than you gameplan for too. They play as a team. They are disciplined, they have an amazing crowd, they are committed, they have talent, good chemistry, and are crazy young. That team will be competitive for the next ten years, at least. They will probably end up being our rivals in the Western Conference if not next year, the year after and for many years after that. But we've got maybe the only guy in the league that might be able to guard Durant in the future. DONTE.

Take it to the champ? The champ didnt even get a chance to play because of all the whistles.
oh please

Lakers were waiting to get everything handed to them and have been playing that all throughout the series. They know how to work the refs and unfortunately for them, the Thunder came out with way too much energy for them to handle.

The refs favor the aggressor and the team that hustles and fights tooth and nail.

We even had the first inadvertent whistle called in all my years of watching basketball when kobe began crying to the refs after he traveled, so cut it out.

It doesn't matter how many games is played... the outcome will be the same. The league wants the most marketable team/player to reach the top.

The refs favor the aggressor and the team that hustles and fights tooth and nail.
Haha... Yea right! The league is the game changer.. go ahead and fight for tooth and nail.. if you are not one of their "favorable team" then your hustles are worthless.

Listen I'm not arguing for the Lakers, I'm Kings for life. I just want to game to be called fair.

Last edited:
When the lakers are involved nothing is fair... its about time the wheel turned on them. i also want a fair call but this isnt a toss of a coin here heck a coin toss is still biased if you look at it. even if it was called fair i doubt the lakers would be able to match with the energy westbrook will make fisher look like a statue all day and im loving it.

The league would LOVE to see Lakers vs Cavs. No other matchup would be as compelling for them....

As for the disparity tonight? Eh... the Lakers tried to go inside early and actually did get to the line a bit (and missed plenty of their FT's btw). Kobe did *not* take it to the hole, but instead was trying to be a facilitator.

By the time they figured out it wasn't working, the Thunder were way up and the Lakers converted back into a jump shooting team taking a ton of threes trying to catch up.

Not a good way to get to the line...

Now, whether or not the Thunder deserved every FT they got? Dunno, but I do know the Lakers need to get away from chucking everything up from the perimeter if they want to get to the line more.

Besides, the NBA will make it up to them in Game 5 right? This thing is going 7... :)

The league would LOVE to see Lakers vs Cavs. No other matchup would be as compelling for them....

As for the disparity tonight? Eh... the Lakers tried to go inside early and actually did get to the line a bit (and missed plenty of their FT's btw). Kobe did *not* take it to the hole, but instead was trying to be a facilitator.

By the time they figured out it wasn't working, the Thunder were way up and the Lakers converted back into a jump shooting team taking a ton of threes trying to catch up.

Not a good way to get to the line...

Now, whether or not the Thunder deserved every FT they got? Dunno, but I do know the Lakers need to get away from chucking everything up from the perimeter if they want to get to the line more.

Besides, the NBA will make it up to them in Game 5 right? This thing is going 7... :)
that kobe pissing and moaning travel call really irked me. they called it then, oh nos kobe got upset, reverse the call. the thunder took it to the lakers tonight. they were going at them hard every chance they got. the aggressor usually gets the call. i highly doubt the nba will allow the thunder to beat the lakers. they want the lebron kobe finals match up..

I actually think the officiating this post season is the best it has been for a long time. The worst game I've seen so far was the Cavs and Bulls game 1 where the Bulls got BS'd a couple times, but it wasn't anything to major. Other than that the games seem to be called fairly. The reason why the Thunder got so many more freethrows is because they are 10x more athletic and agressive, especially tonight. Half of fouls called for Gasol are usually just screaming, arm flailing, no contact ghost fouls and he didn't get those tonight. Kobe was also a fairy not wanting to drive the ball. He might be injured or something, but he was nothing like he usually is.

I watched this game. Anyone remember the part where the female announcer was talking about how loud Arco Arena was in 2001-2002? "that was something special."

I love this the lakers finally on the other side of bogus whistles.
Phil jackson crying after he has enjoyed the most success from having players get phantom calls. Kobe doesnt even stay on the bench for the end of the game ahhahhaha
lakers lose, giants and sharks win good nite