• Thunder in 5

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Thunder in 6

• Thunder in 7

• Total voters
Discussion thread :D

Will the upstart Thunder give the Lakers more than they can handle?

Edit: we need us a poll! My bad for not clicking the radio button, or something. :eek:

are the thunder f'ng stupid or what?! they put shannon brown on durant.. he gives the ball to a team mate so he can repost and they don't give him back the ball?!?!?!?! newbs......

Lakers still looked shaky, but I don't think OKC will be able to exploit. Lack of inside game and other shooters makes it pretty easy to contain Durant.

Lakers still looked shaky, but I don't think OKC will be able to exploit. Lack of inside game and other shooters makes it pretty easy to contain Durant.
They seem very prone to thefts and forced turnovers. Their age doesn't matter, that shh kills in the playoffs.

They seem very prone to thefts and forced turnovers. Their age doesn't matter, that shh kills in the playoffs.
Yeah, I figured that was nerves, but maybe they've been a high TO team all year, dunno.

You gotta bet on the Lakers steadily improving over the course of the series. Scotty Brooks needs to find a way to get KD some open/uncontested looks.

damn that was painful to watch, i nearly got a heart attack hoping one of those threes would go in...although really durant shouldnt have tried a three when they were down by two, that was silly

Wow, quite the effort by the Thunder.... inexperience did them in in the end, but I was :eek: at their defensive effort throughout. How many blocks did they end up with?

Never seen Kobe get swatted so many times in the lane...

OKC is gonna be very very good for years to come...

The Lakers haven't been playing well for about a month. 6-7 to finish the season. I don't know why anyone is surprised that they aren't just blowing the top off the arena just because it's the playoffs. Everyone in the West is good, 8th seed/youngest team in the playoffs be damned. I don't see anyway that the Zombie Sonics can win this series; never did. But Lakers in 6 was always my prediction, and even with a 2-0 lead, I'm sticking with it.

Wow, quite the effort by the Thunder.... inexperience did them in in the end, but I was :eek: at their defensive effort throughout. How many blocks did they end up with?

Never seen Kobe get swatted so many times in the lane...

OKC is gonna be very very good for years to come...

I've been down on Durant for lack of defense for a while now, but he really showed up big yesterday- especially late in the game he was a big presence picking up some blocks down low and frustrating the Lakers on D, which is really huge. If he puts in any significant effort, with his length next to Ibaka the Sonics can really make some big strides- not against this Lakers frontcourt, of course, but they've got a lot of room to improve on for next year.

I've been down on Durant for lack of defense for a while now, but he really showed up big yesterday- especially late in the game he was a big presence picking up some blocks down low and frustrating the Lakers on D, which is really huge. If he puts in any significant effort, with his length next to Ibaka the Sonics can really make some big strides- not against this Lakers frontcourt, of course, but they've got a lot of room to improve on for next year.
lol, you know it's the Thunder now, right?

I still can't believe they called an offensive foul on Durantula running around fighting artest off and running into gasol. That was huge with just under 2 minutes left. I think this series will be tied after 4 games.

Ibaka's an absolute defensive freak. Really watch out for him next season, especially with a weak starting center (Krstic) in front of him. But to have 17 blocks and still lose the game...must really take the wind out of you.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
I'm just glad that they held back the start of the game until after the end of the CLE/CHI game: I mark out every single time I hear the Galaga theme after the tip off in the Ford Center

gunks

Hall of Famer
If the Thunders can get a win in game 4, I can see them possibly pushing this series to 7 games.

Hoagie Bryant shooting 10/29 makes me laugh, especially after what PJ said about him. I sense a downward spiral of chemistry issues this playoff for the fLakers. Lord knows Kobers is too proud to shoot less.

Not that Durant was that efficient, but he sure went nutso with his rebounding.

i take back everything bad i've said about durant (which was mainly about defense and passing). he stepped up big tonight- the block on kobe and then going back the other way and scoring on him was huge, and is something that (at least in my mind) is going to define durant for a long time.

also, kobe is starting to look old. dog tired and slowed down. maybe its a one game thing, or a funk, but it looks like all those years in the league are catching up to him.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Absolutely loved last night's game. OKC is incredibly talented. I hope they win the next game. It would be great to see a 7 game series. I expect the Lakers to win, but hopefully they'll get very tired for the next series.

Kobe just had to try to be a superstar last night. All he has to do is get it to the big guys, but no, he has to be the hero. I just hope he continue with his hero complex.

There's nothing like watching a young star really come into his own in the playoffs. Kind of like when LeBron took over against the Pistons in 2007. What makes Durant's performance last night so impressive is that what he does best wasn't working for him last night, and he still found a number of ways to contribute to a win, and he put an indelible mark on the game and this series last night. After being a big part of the block party in Game 2, he continued to play good defense on one of the best scorers in the NBA, and now his team has a chance to force a tie series against the 1 seed.

And he's only 21. This is just nuckin' futs.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't even mention Westbrook. Us Kings fans are well acquainted with how good he is, but that throwdown on Odom? Oh, boy! What a duo with him and KD. The Lakers have their greedy little hands full with those two.

also, kobe is starting to look old. dog tired and slowed down. maybe its a one game thing, or a funk, but it looks like all those years in the league are catching up to him.
His "funk" games are happening far more frequently. I tend to put it more on his littany of injuries this year -- especially that finger. But it certainly isn't the Kobe I remember.

I'm sure he comes back with a strong Game 4. Right??