Walton fired

I never believed that Walton was a good signing, and it didn't take long for me to be proven right. I had disinvested in the team during his tenure, and I look forward to seeing more games now that he's gone. A 4 year contract for his friend was malpractice by Vlade.

I’m not giving up on Fox or this season just yet. It would be nice if we could claw our way back to say 2-3 games below .500 at the break, make a couple smaller trades and then go on a bit of a run in the second half. If a bigger trade presents itself or we just aren’t gelling then maybe pull the trigger on something more franchise altering. Let’s not forget we were 5-4 not long ago with a tough schedule.

a lot of things have gone wrong this year:
-Fox shooting near career low percentages/ no all star leap
-haliburton hasn’t taken a leap offensively and doesn’t take enough threes.
-not enough product from the 3.
-off night, TD and even Holmes to a lesser extent have been inconsistent.

Hopefully Gentry is better at in game adjustments.
Fox at his peak isn’t the guy leading us anywhere anyways

gunks

Hall of Famer
So who is the next scapegoat for Vivek’s gross mismanagement…..

Fox?
Monte?
I think we’ve butted heads on both Fox and Monte, but I’m 100% with you on this all being a Vivek problem.

Putting the odds of us having another “fire whoever” thread by next season at around 80%

We needed someone with cahones like Trae Young. Someone who WANTED to take over even in his rookie season. We needed an attitude like that. Bogdan, and Trae did great last year for Atlanta. We could have had that combo. But we have two better 1v1 players in Buddy and Fox, but neither want to lead vocally and neither will take us anywhere. We need a leader player. I really think we need to give the PG and SG positions to Mitchell and Haliburton. I LOVE the way Mitchell leads. He's not afraid to take over, and he definitely has the type of attitude to be the leader. Give him the reigns and tell him to do his thing out there. He can definitely be a leader, and has the defense and offense to back it up.

Trade Fox, Buddy, Bagley III immediately. Keep Barnes for championship, and playoff experience. Tell Barnes he needs to be more vocal if possible.

Don't get Simmons. He won't work with Mitchell and Hali... Keep Holmes definitely!

We need a good stretch 4 who can rebound decently.. KA Towns? Julius Randle? John Collins? I would have to do more research on how well the three play defense. But those were names of stretch 4s that can hit the 3pt shot that came to my mind right away.

I'm looking at Jay Larranaga as a serious consideration. He's the son of future HOF coach Jim Larranga (college basketball). He played pro-ball overseas for 12 years before becoming a coach.

His resume:
  • 2008-2010: Head coach for the Ireland NT
  • Date N/A: Assistant coach at Cornell
------------------------------------------------------
  • 2010-2012: Head coach for the Erie BayHawks (GLeague)
  • 2012-2021: Assistant coach for the Celtics (under Doc Rivers & Brad Stevens)
  • 2021-now: Assistant coach for the Clippers

He was a serious candidate to replace Brad Stevens with the Celtics, but they went with Ime Udoka.

We needed someone with cahones like Trae Young. Someone who WANTED to take over even in his rookie season. We needed an attitude like that. Bogdan, and Trae did great last year for Atlanta. We could have had that combo. But we have two better 1v1 players in Buddy and Fox, but neither want to lead vocally and neither will take us anywhere. We need a leader player. I really think we need to give the PG and SG positions to Mitchell and Haliburton. I LOVE the way Mitchell leads. He's not afraid to take over, and he definitely has the type of attitude to be the leader. Give him the reigns and tell him to do his thing out there. He can definitely be a leader, and has the defense and offense to back it up.

Trade Fox, Buddy, Bagley III immediately. Keep Barnes for championship, and playoff experience. Tell Barnes he needs to be more vocal if possible.

Don't get Simmons. He won't work with Mitchell and Hali... Keep Holmes definitely!

We need a good stretch 4 who can rebound decently.. KA Towns? Julius Randle? John Collins? I would have to do more research on how well the three play defense. But those were names of stretch 4s that can hit the 3pt shot that came to my mind right away.
Everything you said!

SLAB

Hall of Famer
^^^ That is the truth. Whatever to Yogurt. We were terrible for 85% of his run except for half a season before the league figured us out and we went right back to terrible.

Luke gone? Great first move!
Gentry for interim coach- knows the team , has experience, Players hopefully like him. Can ramp up the pace on Offense, Doug can turn the defense up- good second move
Fox - wait to see if he can pull out of his slump
Buddy - keep him we need his scoring off the bench
Bagley - give him lots of minutes to showcase for trade and really see if he can raise trade value the mage a deal by trade deadline
Monte - hope he can figure out how to get a wing by the deadline to balance roster

to early to blow up the team

GoKings!

Luke gone? Great first move!
Gentry for interim coach- knows the team , has experience, Players hopefully like him. Can ramp up the pace on Offense, Doug can turn the defense up- good second move
Fox - wait to see if he can pull out of his slump
Buddy - keep him we need his scoring off the bench
Bagley - give him lots of minutes to showcase for trade and really see if he can raise trade value the mage a deal by trade deadline
Monte - hope he can figure out how to get a wing by the deadline to balance roster

to early to blow up the team

GoKings!
Blow it up

you’re right a big name coach is coming to Sac notttttttt
And people really overrate the impact of coaching. Players win in the NBA, however, BAD coaches can destroy any hope. If you are coach oriented team then that coach needs 100% say on personnel. Vivek has already been through this **** with George Karl. Karl said give me a modern game team and cut Cuz. They chose neither and watched it all go up in flames. Pick a path Vivek.

I don’t see how Barnes value has diminished since I’m assuming he means last season “when he had value” coincidentally when Bill’s Celtics were pursuing him.

The three point guards have been the only hits…three point guards isn’t bad to have especially when they can be played as combo guards, and two of them were taken in the late lottery and both of the late lottery picks to this point appear to be the BPA’s at their spot. Apart from Fox’s unexpected rough start, the fact that the Kings drafted three point guards over the last five years has been the least of their problems. Those that want to trade Fox want to trade him for another point guard. The guards aren’t the problem.

It was Bill’s Celtics that signed Tristan Thompson 2 years $19 million. Kings acquired him in a lateral move meant to free up PT for Mitchell. Bill makes it seem like the Kings signed him as a free agent

The Bogdan deal was sabotaged through no fault of the Kings. Hawks overpaid and didn’t budge on any of their young pieces. They called the Kings bluff. I hear they wanted to tag us with Snell. No thank you.

Basically, Kings drafted Bagley over Luka would’ve sufficed and alone explained why the Kings still aren’t a playoff team…. but Bill is mixing his lack of education about the Kings with his need to rag on them

Last edited:

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I don’t see how Barnes value has diminished since I’m assuming he means last season “when he had value” coincidentally when Bill’s Celtics were pursuing him.

The three point guards have been the only hits…three point guards isn’t bad to have especially when they can be played as combo guards, and two of them were taken in the late lottery and both of the late lottery picks to this point appear to be the BPA’s at their spot. Apart from Fox’s unexpected rough start, the fact that the Kings drafted three point guards over the last five years has been the least of their problems. Those that want to trade Fox want to trade him for another point guard. The guards aren’t the problem.

It was Bill’s Celtics that signed Tristan Thompson 2 years $19 million. Kings acquired him in a lateral move meant to free up PT for Mitchell. Bill makes it seem like the Kings signed him as a free agent

The Bogdan deal was sabotaged through no fault of the Kings. Hawks overpaid and didn’t budge on any of their young pieces. They called the Kings bluff. I hear they wanted to tag us with Snell. No thank you.

Basically, Kings drafted Bagley over Luka would’ve sufficed and alone explained why the Kings still aren’t a playoff team…. but Bill is mixing his lack of education about the Kings with his need to rag on them
The exact takedown that Bill Simmons tweet needed. It's hard enough to do a solid criticism of a team you don't follow, but even harder when you misrepresent several of the things they've done.

Unfortunately we aren’t gonna get better. We don’t have a talented team we have exactly one players that is serviceable in all aspects and he is an average NBA player in Harrison Barnes. Fox can’t shoot and can’t set anybody up and us a part time defender yet he is our star. Holmes is like a lesser version on montrez Harrell who comes off the bench and Holmes is our starter. Haliburton is serviceable and buddy is elite shooter but both are bone heads at times. Apparently we don’t have a true power forward. Mitchell is interesting but has his limitations as well
Baarnes is better than average - above average - a "B" level player.

And people really overrate the impact of coaching. Players win in the NBA, however, BAD coaches can destroy any hope. If you are coach oriented team then that coach needs 100% say on personnel. Vivek has already been through this **** with George Karl. Karl said give me a modern game team and cut Cuz. They chose neither and watched it all go up in flames. Pick a path Vivek.
ive been saying it for a minute now. It all starts at the top and the top is Vivek. We have a terrible owner and if we don’t hold him accountable this team will never win. Yet people think saying “Vivek you suck” at the games is going “too far”. He needs to hear it

We’re still going to suck

Fox scapegoat wagon gonna be in full effect in about 3 games.
I honestly disagree! I’m a homer but Walton literally doesn’t know what he’s doing. Our guards will hopefully be able to run basic pick n rolls and a real offense now, i pray.

I’m less than 20 games? If this is the case, the fans are insane IMO. Fox has been more good than bad in his 3 + years here and has shown enough for me to be his biggest fan and homer until i simply can’t. Bagley and Buddy dislike makes a lot more sense, but, even then .. Vivek and Vlade deserve every bit of vitriol until this thing somewhat turns around.

Shout out to Monte for doing this. If we’re gonna crap on the GM/President (whatever his title is) when things go wrong, let’s give ‘em some credit when a move like this is made and done before we even play 20 games. This is HUGE, as far as I’m concerned. Go Kings!

Shout out to Monte for doing this. If we’re gonna crap on the GM/President (whatever his title is) when things go wrong, let’s give ‘em some credit when a move like this is made and done before we even play 20 games. This is HUGE, as far as I’m concerned. Go Kings!
naw, they will blame him for not doing it after last season