Walton fired

Going to very interesting if the new interim coach sticks with the same old rotations & style. Of course can't change too much midseason, but hope the ball movement improves a ton and guys are held more accountable defensively ... Next time a guy is lazy on defense, pull him.

No disrepsect to Thompson, but I hope Len sticks with the backup spot now. He's just way more talented being 3 inches taller, better paint presence, better touch on offense ... As the old saying go "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - In other words, Thompson only makes sense if Len doesn't work hard, do the little things, etc. but he does so I don't see any logical reasoning for playing Thompson much at all. We'll see.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Unfortunately we aren’t gonna get better. We don’t have a talented team we have exactly one players that is serviceable in all aspects and he is an average NBA player in Harrison Barnes. Fox can’t shoot and can’t set anybody up and us a part time defender yet he is our star. Holmes is like a lesser version on montrez Harrell who comes off the bench and Holmes is our starter. Haliburton is serviceable and buddy is elite shooter but both are bone heads at times. Apparently we don’t have a true power forward. Mitchell is interesting but has his limitations as well

I don't have a problem with Christie as an interim coach. Highly unseasoned, obviously, but has a good mind for the game, sees issues on the court in real time and has reasonable solutions (noticed this in broadcasts) whereas Walton is either oblivious, doesn't know what to do, or just makes bad decisions on adjustments. Doug seems to be a real player's coach - and he's already on the bench. You already know what you have with Gentry, and it ain't a whole lot. this year's likely already lost with the current roster, why not give Christie some space to work.

Bobby gets my vote as interim. If he works, cool, if he needs more time then find someone during the off-season and send Bobby back down to Stockton to put in some more work.

This firing of a likeable coach like Walton (among the players, anyway) will surely have a "fire under your @$$" effect on the players, which should lead to them winning some immediately and ease up the noise. Then hopefully whoever is interim will have to be cheerleading this for the rest of the season until the real head coaching search begins.

Who is given the keys as interim HC will be interesting. Gentry seems like a safe choice, but I doubt he'll be much better than Walton. A bold choice would be Bobby or Doug. I guess they could also name an interim interim HC and try to find a new HC (mid-season) from the outside. Monte may already have someone in mind. This will be interesting.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Gentry is as uninspiring a name as possible but I don’t want Sacramento to nuke Doug’s coaching career before it even begins … so if it’s those two. Go Gentry, I guess.
It should be Bobby. And would be awesome to see Bobby move Fox to the bench until he figures his sh*t out.
What did Bobby Jackson do to you that makes you want to do this to him? The man kept his own house clean and has a good shot at a nice season in Stockton. Whoever takes over the rest of this season is going to be making soup sandwiches and trying to clean up more courtside messes like last night's. Just let an interim coach deal with the mess and give Bobby fair consideration in the off-season. Hell if they try to stick this job on Christie it needs to come with a free pass for everything that happens between now and April.

Last edited:
Plus, this firing came after only 16,17 games makes it possible for us to right the ship and still make it to the Playoffs. Not saying it will, but we still got time is the key.

What did Bobby Jackson do to you that makes you want to do this to him? The man kept his own house clean and has a good shot at a nice season in Stockton. Whoever takes over the rest of this season is going to be making soup sandwiches and trying to clean up more courtside messes like last night's. Just let an interim coach deal with the mess and give Bobby fair consideration in the off-season. Hell if they try to stick this job on Christy it needs to come with a free pass for everything that happens between now and April.
bobby has paid his dues and is more qualified than Doug. And he’s dislocated from this season.

Gentry will just rehash what they’ve already done under Walton.

While I love Doug, I don’t think this is the right time for him to be a head coach, even on an interim basis.