VLADE GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure Hinkie would approach team building the same way he did with the Sixers again. I recall that he said that “The Process” was dictated by the circumstances of that particular time and team. It’s no given that he would also look at this Kings roster and the different lottery odds currently in place and decide to also strip the Kings for parts.

I can’t say I feel much better after reading the latest Amick and Jones duet in the Athletic. Mullin, PDA, Divac, and now Dumars... the merry go round of advisors in Vivek's ear goes round and round, and the dysfunction continues. I don’t have the sense that the Kings front office was as good as it needed to be the last few years, but I also think the management problems begin at a higher pay grade than GM.

Honestly makes no sense what if that scrub Bagley turns into an all star next year than vlade would’ve kept his job. Let him have a season with his players healthy, Vivek is a dumbass. Anybody thinking we’re getting any other GM is stupid Dumars will be hired and it will be the same. Hinkie, Morley, and the guy from Toronto won’t be hired

I mean, my point is that neither of those dudes is going to be involved in helping us win games anymore. But it isn't like Karl did us any good in his tenure, either. So if Karl's going to, post facto, try to light up Vlade pretty much pot-kettle-black style, I feel perfectly fine pointing out that I believe Vlade is a far, far, better person than Karl.
How is saying Sacramento deserves a great team lighting up Vlade?

I’m not sure Hinkie would approach team building the same way he did with the Sixers again. I recall that he said that “The Process” was dictated by the circumstances of that particular time and team. It’s no given that he would also look at this Kings roster and the different lottery odds currently in place and decide to also strip the Kings for parts.
What's this fascination with Sam Hinke? His whole strategy as GM was to tank and get a top 3 picks for 7 years in a row.

Out of all those years of tanking, he drafted exactly one All-Star player in Joel Embiid! One All-Star player, for all those years of tanking!

Hinkie was great at gutting a team and tanking, but drafting the right players, considering all the top 5 picks he accumulated, wasn't good. He makes Vlade look like Jerry West. Seriously people, if you all just want to tank, we could had just left Vlade in as GM and directed him to gut the team year after year in hopes of getting a top draft pick year after year, because that was what Hinkie basically did as GM.

What's this fascination with Sam Hinke? His whole strategy as GM was to tank and get a top 3 picks for 7 years in a row.

Out of all those years of tanking, he drafted exactly one All-Star player in Joel Embiid! One All-Star player, for all those years of tanking!

He's great at gutting a team and tanking, but drafting the right players, considering all the top 5 picks he accumulated, wasn't good. He makes Vlade look like Jerry West. Seriously people, if you all just want to tank, we could had just left Vlade in as GM and directed him to gut the team year after year in hopes of getting a top draft pick year after year, because that was what Hinkie basically did as GM.
He collected assets that Divac couldn't get in 100 seasons. And base on the assets 76er is now a 50 win team. So exactly how can Divac compare to him?
And he only did it for 3 years, not 7, I will take those 3 years of extreme tanking over 14 years of non competency any day of the week.

He collected assets that Divac couldn't get in 100 seasons. And base on the assets 76er is now a 50 win team. So exactly how can Divac compare to him?
Well, considering that Vlade didn't have an endless tank of 7 years, Vlade came away with the same amount of All-Star potential players in the draft as Hinkie. D'Arron Fox is a future All-Star and the Kings didn't need to do an endless tank to get him.

With the current NBA lottery system, the tank will not guarantee a great chances of a top 3 picks. If Hinkie blew some 7-10 lottery top lottery picks in his time as GM, what makes you think he would do much better picking in the 6-12 range every year?

Plus, Hinkie's haul of draft picks came at the expense Vlade, so without Vlade to deal him picks, where is he going to get them now? Most teams are holding onto draft picks like never before. His strategy won't work with the current NBA and lottery system. And Hinkie's drafting was atrocious.

He's great at gutting a team and tanking, but drafting the right players, considering all the top 5 picks he accumulated, wasn't good. He makes Vlade look like Jerry West. Seriously people, if you all just want to tank, we could had just left Vlade in as GM and directed him to gut the team year after year in hopes of getting a top draft pick year after year, because that was what Hinkie basically did as GM.
No his strategy was to tank till you got a franchise player cause in the nba you only contend if you have a franchise player. There’s two ways to get a franchise player through the draft or having one already and having him tamper to get others. If you don’t have a franchise player you end up in no mans land which is a team outside the bottom 5 or a team in the 7th - 10th seed. The best way to get a superstar in the draft is to be in the top 5 yes teams have gotten lucky drafting stats late but that’s pure luck. Hinkie found that out and the nba didn’t want teams tankin and doing that to get stats so he was outed.

also someone already posted all the talent he got even out side his lottery picks. Hinkie is a genius and Philadelphia would be unstoppable with him right now

wait you don’t think Ben Simmons is an all star? Lol kids better than Fox and has a higher ceiling.

You might wanna look at the players he got if you think Embiid is the only player, that’s laughable. Philadelphia is a contender off of the players Hinkie brought and only the players Hinkie got

Well, considering that Vlade didn't have an endless tank of 7 years, Vlade came away with the same amount of All-Star potential players in the draft as Hinkie. D'Arron Fox is a future All-Star and the Kings didn't need to do an endless tank to get him.

With the current NBA lottery system, the tank will not guarantee a great chances of a top 3 picks. If Hinkie blew some 7-10 lottery top lottery picks in his time as GM, what makes you think he would do much better picking in the 6-12 range every year?

Plus, Hinkie's haul of draft picks came at the expense Vlade, so without Vlade to deal him picks, where is he going to get them now? Most teams are holding onto draft picks like never before. His strategy won't work with the current NBA and lottery system. And Hinkie's drafting was atrocious.
You consider Fox a future all star but don’t count Ben Simmons, smh sit this one out fam.

Dumars can’t be the guy after the pistons success he put together a front court of Josh Smith, Monroe, and Drummond. Traded Middleton for Jennings and signed Villanueva and Ben Gordon to ridiculous deals. That’s worse than vlade when you take away the Bagley mistake that 80% of you supported anyways

This man should not be questioned he is the GOAT. Started with absolute garbage that most GMs would make into a 7-10seeded team into a team that could contend until the Colangelo’s ****ed it up.

#trusttheprocess

Last edited:

Even Hinkie got Richaun Holmes, Jerami Grant at 2nd round. What did your draft god Vlade do? Oh yes they both blow a top 3 pick in Okafor and Bagley.
To even bring those 2 in a same sentence is hilarious, Vlade left us to be a 30 win team with literally zero meaningful asset and 76er is already a 50 win team.

Last edited:

I’m 100% with you here.

What’s Hinkie’s track record prior to Philly? It’s not as if this guy is Jerry West or Pat Riley with a long storied, successful resume.

His claim to fame is fielding G League (formerly D-League) roster’s for several seasons all while stealing money from super unhappy fans then getting lucky in the lottery a couple times in draft years that also fortunately had a couple potential star players at the very top.

Don’t forget that the KINGS once held the best odds of landing the #1 back in 2009 but wound up with the 4th pick. So that strategy isn’t so super smart. And especially nowadays when they’ve further weighted lottery odds and spread the. Out among the bottom 3-4 teams.

The KINGS also landed #1 in 1989 when no worthwhile player’s were available. Per usual their timing was awful as had player’s been coming straight from HS then as they would start doing 6 years later, they likely would have ended up with Shaquille O’Neal.

In short, the KINGS lottery fortunes have been abysmal. Yet some folks want some overrated dude that only manage to build a playoff team by unabashedly tanking for numerous years? And that same team he built has done nothing but underachieve considering the expectations.

Sorry, no thanks.

With regard to Daryl Morey, sorry again, but no thanks. It doesn’t matter to me how many times the Rockets have won 50+ games and been to the playoffs. They aren’t a championship level team despite all the hype and preferential treatment they receive. If they don’t manage to steal a title during this bubble season where the Warriors aren’t a factor and KD isn’t playing for Brooklyn, they never will.

And I don’t care to watch a team that goes over-the-top small ball then chucks 50+ three’s game in and game out because their GM thinks he’s some analytical genius.

I’d rather suffer through losing the way the KINGS have been losing than root for a team that plays the way Morey’s teams do and are typically underwhelming against better competition. That style of ball wins during the regular season when they play 82, but doesn’t fare so well outside the 1st round of the playoffs.

The Warriors have won several titles, but they also are an exception with 2 of the better shooters of the modern era, and possibly ever. And they played elite level defense.

Morey’s teams jack up three’s despite not having near as efficient and prolific shooters and don’t play anywhere near elite level defense.

If not for bogus bail out, star treatment calls from officials, I don’t believe HOU would even be a top 6 team in the West.

Again, no thanks.

I’d much rather see the KINGS in the hands of Joe Dumars full-time, or some other fresh candidate that doesn’t buy into Hinkie or Morey’s way of doing things.

I’m 100% with you here.

What’s Hinkie’s track record prior to Philly? It’s not as if this guy is Jerry West or Pat Riley with a long storied, successful resume.

His claim to fame is fielding G League (formerly D-League) roster’s for several seasons all while stealing money from super unhappy fans then getting lucky in the lottery a couple times in draft years that also fortunately had a couple potential star players at the very top.

Don’t forget that the KINGS once held the best odds of landing the #1 back in 2009 but wound up with the 4th pick. So that strategy isn’t so super smart. And especially nowadays when they’ve further weighted lottery odds and spread the. Out among the bottom 3-4 teams.

The KINGS also landed #1 in 1989 when no worthwhile player’s were available. Per usual their timing was awful as had player’s been coming straight from HS then as they would start doing 6 years later, they likely would have ended up with Shaquille O’Neal.

In short, the KINGS lottery fortunes have been abysmal. Yet some folks want some overrated dude that only manage to build a playoff team by unabashedly tanking for numerous years? And that same team he built has done nothing but underachieve considering the expectations.

Sorry, no thanks.

With regard to Daryl Morey, sorry again, but no thanks. It doesn’t matter to me how many times the Rockets have won 50+ games and been to the playoffs. They aren’t a championship level team despite all the hype and preferential treatment they receive. If they don’t manage to steal a title during this bubble season where the Warriors aren’t a factor and KD isn’t playing for Brooklyn, they never will.

And I don’t care to watch a team that goes over-the-top small ball then chucks 50+ three’s game in and game out because their GM thinks he’s some analytical genius.

I’d rather suffer through losing the way the KINGS have been losing than root for a team that plays the way Morey’s teams do and are typically underwhelming against better competition. That style of ball wins during the regular season when they play 82, but doesn’t fare so well outside the 1st round of the playoffs.

The Warriors have won several titles, but they also are an exception with 2 of the better shooters of the modern era, and possibly ever. And they played elite level defense.

Morey’s teams jack up three’s despite not having near as efficient and prolific shooters and don’t play anywhere near elite level defense.

If not for bogus bail out, star treatment calls from officials, I don’t believe HOU would even be a top 6 team in the West.

Again, no thanks.

I’d much rather see the KINGS in the hands of Joe Dumars full-time, or some other fresh candidate that doesn’t buy into Hinkie or Morey’s way of doing things.
So you disregard Morey who fields a 50+ win team and Hinkie who gave Philadelphia Embiid/Ben/Covington and multiple 1st round picks . But you’re good with Dumars that hasn’t done anything in 16years and his last acts were worse than vlade tenure here

Im curious if Harry will see this as reason to remain a King.
All the best to Vlade, I really got to liking him after watching Once Brothers... still its pretty clear time to move on.
I can't imagine any of the players had an issue with Vlade.

I'm not a Walton hater or anything but I don't get the feeling the players would "die" for coach tbh.

There's a real malaise about the way we play under Luke.

Hinkie was great at gutting a team and tanking, but drafting the right players, considering all the top 5 picks he accumulated, wasn't good. He makes Vlade look like Jerry West. Seriously people, if you all just want to tank, we could had just left Vlade in as GM and directed him to gut the team year after year in hopes of getting a top draft pick year after year, because that was what Hinkie basically did as GM.
This just isn't true.

Hinkie's tactics may not be to everyone's liking but he had a clear plan which he executed very well, and which has directly led to Philly being in the position they're in now. That is not up for debate.

Last edited:
Just reading a bit of back and forth on Joe Dumars here. I think he’s a quality guy. Watched him a lot in one of the best backcourts ever, have more recently listened to his chilled interviews. Darko in hindsight was not the best 2nd selection in 2003 but most basketball minds were high on him. Anyways, im happy enough with Joe as GM.

I’m 100% with you here.

Sorry, no thanks.

Again, no thanks.

This post is full of so much hot air that it's in another stratosphere. Wishing for Dumars whilst slating Hinkie and Morey is about the most KANGZ thing ever, and I pray to the gods that it doesn't come to fruition. The lack of awareness and inability to contextualize moves is absolutely insane.

If Kings fans wish for Dumars as full-time GM and get him, they will absolutely deserve the next 5 years of the same **** that will undoubtedly follow.

Just reading a bit of back and forth on Joe Dumars here. I think he’s a quality guy. Watched him a lot in one of the best backcourts ever, have more recently listened to his chilled interviews. Darko in hindsight was not the best 2nd selection in 2003 but most basketball minds were high on him. Anyways, im happy enough with Joe as GM.
Go ask Pistons fans how they feel about Dumars as GM. They celebrated when he was gone. He is not a good GM. He may have captured lightning in a bottle but he made way too many awful moves to be considered competent. It's mind-boggling to me how people forget history so quickly. Dumars has not been considered a good GM for a very, very long time.

Go ask Pistons fans how they feel about Dumars as GM. They celebrated when he was gone. He is not a good GM. He may have captured lightning in a bottle but he made way too many awful moves to be considered competent. It's mind-boggling to me how people forget history so quickly. Dumars has not been considered a good GM for a very, very long time.
The Dumas reign in Detroit was basically 7 fat years followed by 7 very lean years.
I have also heard it say that those 7 lean years started the moment Hammond left the Pistons FO.

I'd rather have a younger, analytics driven guy with a good plan.

Dumars can’t be the guy after the pistons success he put together a front court of Josh Smith, Monroe, and Drummond. Traded Middleton for Jennings and signed Villanueva and Ben Gordon to ridiculous deals. That’s worse than vlade when you take away the Bagley mistake that 80% of you supported anyways
You forgot drafting darko

Status
Not open for further replies.