Vegas Summer League (split)

I know it's just summer league, but swanigan looks sort of useless. He's gassed after maybe playing 15 minutes total and cant jump, run or defend. He's made several dumb mistakes as well. Not sure he makes the cut.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
JJ seems like a guy who will look much better playing with actual quality NBA players. Does good role player things out there. Will need to work on his spot shooting, he does well attacking closeouts but teams will let him shoot at this point. I think he is a nice little project as the 3rd SG.
Completely agree. Talent around him will up his game. New JJ is quickly winning me over.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
I know it's just summer league, but swanigan looks sort of useless. He's gassed after maybe playing 15 minutes total and cant jump, run or defend. He's made several dumb mistakes as well. Not sure he makes the cut.
Yeah. Mika’s much better than him. And that’s not really a ringing endorsement,

I know doyle had a nice game scoring yesterday, but I cant stand the way he plays. His handle is high off the ground, flashy and inefficient, and he makes poor decisions with the ball. He's way better spotting up. The decision to roll with he and christon late in the game is what lost it for us.

Luke told Doris about how much he loved Harry Giles. “All the talent in the world”

Thank goodness for new coach seeing what’s blindingly obvious!!!
But he also said Harry has to put in the work. I wonder if after all the work to get back Harry relaxed a bit last year. Would be pretty natural to do so.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
But he also said Harry has to put in the work. I wonder if after all the work to get back Harry relaxed a bit last year. Would be pretty natural to do so.
I took that as motivating coach speak, of course he has to keep working!

I bet he may have relaxed up a bit early, which showed when he got destroyed in the early season but then he woke up and it was steady improvement from the G-League stint on forward. With the way he improved as the season progressed there’s no doubt he’s got the ethic as well.

Thought JJ had a nice game. 8/6/4 in 22 min. Had some really nice passes and created a couple things off the dribble. Defense was solid as usual. He looks like he’s becoming a bit more confident.

I’d really like to see them let him run the offense for a stint to see what he can do.

JJ seems like a guy who will look much better playing with actual quality NBA players. Does good role player things out there. Will need to work on his spot shooting, he does well attacking closeouts but teams will let him shoot at this point. I think he is a nice little project as the 3rd SG.
I agree. When Guy's shots are falling, he looks like the stronger of the two picks. But if you look at effective defense and all-around contributions, JJ looks like the stronger pick. It's a good problem for us to have.