Vegas Summer League (split)

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Commentators ragging on Kyle Guy for some reason.

Can’t play any defense apparently. “Son I see you in developmental.”

With the exception of jacking up 2 shots at the end of a blowout, Guy plays very well within the offense. Very high IQ. He makes the right play. He gets to his spots and sets up team mates very well. This game he had 5 assists, he would have more if people (looking at you Gabriel) could make some point-blank shots. He hit some corner threes this game; last game he had 4 three balls, so I think it's pretty safe to say he can shoot the 3. Past the deep-shot, he had a nice turnaround jumper and even finished with his left hand on a drive for an and-one. So he doesn't shy away from contact. He even gets up for rebounds on the offensive end.

Defense is still up in the air. The point guard for China had 20 and 5 assists, so Guy didn't slow him down very much. He overplays and goes for fakes a lot. He works hard on the defensive end, but he appeared to be out of optimal defensive position frequently.

Commentators ragging on Kyle Guy for some reason.

Can’t play any defense apparently. “Son I see you in developmental.”
What quarter was this in? I never heard them say anything but good things about Guy.

His defense wasn’t as bad as everyone keeps saying. The main issue he has is falling asleep and losing his man while off the ball. He was fighting through screens but no one was hedging to prevent his man from turning the corner on him. If they weren’t going to hedge then they should either rotate or go under the screen.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
What quarter was this in? I never heard them say anything but good things about Guy.

His defense wasn’t as bad as everyone keeps saying. The main issue he has is falling asleep and losing his man while off the ball. He was fighting through screens but no one was hedging to prevent his man from turning the corner on him. If they weren’t going to hedge then they should either rotate or go under the screen.
The last few minutes of the 4th.

I wanted Vlade to make a salary dump trade to draft Kabengele. He’s looking good thus far through 3 games. Really bummed Vlade didn’t make a move to draft a C who would complement both Bagley and Giles long term. It would have made for a really good 3 big rotation in a couple years.

Per36:
.500 FG% / .500 3PT% / .750 FT% / 27.7 PPG / 10.4 RPG / 0.7 APG / 0.0 SPG / 1.4 BPG / 2.1 TOPG / 6.9 FPG

I would have taken Bol Bol at #40 so we’ll see how he pans out... but wanted Roby at #47. He’s looked good so far too. All he needs is to focus on getting his 3pt shot down.

Per36:
.478 FG% / .167 3PT% / 1.000 FT% / 16.1 PPG / 7.4 RPG / 2.7 APG / 2.0 SPG / 2.7 BPG / 2.7 TOPG / 4.0 FPG

dude12

Hall of Famer
So Swanigan is back and taking Mika’s minutes as of right now......I think he’s terrible tbh. The only thing he does well is take up space and there are hundreds of guys like that. Mika > Swanigan and it’s not close.

So Swanigan is back and taking Mika’s minutes as of right now......I think he’s terrible tbh. The only thing he does well is take up space and there are hundreds of guys like that. Mika > Swanigan and it’s not close.
Been trying to tell people this since the season ended. Swanigan isn't even as good as Jack Cooley.

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
no doubt- I feel like James has much more offensive skill then what we're seeing.
Who knows if they let loose with him but I think James might be playing in the G-league full time this year or maybe overseas. He has athletic ability but we haven't seen much to suggest he's worth spending resources on this year.