Vegas Summer League GAME 3: Kings v. Grizzlies , 7/10/18 3:30 PT, 6:30 ET

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anything to avoid talking about game 6

Pretending Horrys three was the dagger is the associations PC approach to discussing that series but I never cared that much about it. It wasn’t even the most painful Lakers 3 pointer of that game.
Yeah, dude, I am so not going to continue in that vein.

I'd honestly rather they bring George Karl back.

-------------------------------------------

4:30 left and Kings lead by 12. Not bad.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Anything to avoid talking about game 6

Pretending Horrys three was the dagger is the associations PC approach to discussing that series but I never cared that much about it. It wasn’t even the most painful Lakers 3 pointer of that game.
The real dagger three was Samaki Walker's half court heave that he took three seconds after time ran out in the first half but the refs counted it anyways and here we are talking about a 16 year old playoff series again.

Last edited:
And Doris Burke just says "this is such a fascinating conversation". Well, Doris, maybe in your own mind but it's disrespectful as all getout to the guys playing the game. Talking to Joerger and Bickerstaff was one thing. Spending an entire quarter talking to Terry Stotts about Portland during the Kings-Grizzlies game is NOT fascinating. It's irritating as hell.
Doris Burke is irritating as hell. When I tune into her (before I hit the mute button) she wants to talk about "the importance of relationships..." or something inane like this. It is not about the game with her it is about interpersonal dynamics. Is this a basketball game or a therapy session!? Let's talk about our feelings and fostering close bonds, shall we? No let's talk basketball and Xs and Os! Then she wants to talk about how wonderful or "special" this person is or that person is. This is a running theme with her, the magnificence of Person A of Person B. The coach or player she is in love with I am sure is great, but when everyone has inimitable characteristics, nobody stands out. You have to be willing to be critical for compliments to carry weight. There is such a thing as being too nice. Someone too nice is looking for their niceties to be reciprocated out of their own insecurity. Thats the vibe I get from her. There are few very commentators I like. I like commentators like Isiah Thomas, Bill Walton or Jeff Van Gundy. These are guys with original takes who will criticize and praise when called for. It is too bad the hiring requirement is not more stringent and that any Tom, Dick or Doris can be given a platform to spout their banalities.

Mason: dribble dribble, come off a screen, dribble, dribble, pass with 5 seconds left on the clock.
10 points (on 6 shots) and 13 assists (against 1 turnover) not good enough for you??? I get the frustration with Mason up until today but he was effective at running the team today. If you want to contend otherwise, the stats are not on your side.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
10 points (on 6 shots) and 13 assists (against 1 turnover) not good enough for you??? I get the frustration with Mason up until today but he was effective at running the team today. If you want to contend otherwise, the stats are not on your side.
No. He was not effective at running the team today. He was SOMETIMES effective and other times he did exactly what BeerNerd916 said. The stats do not tell the whole story. Hindsight is 20/20 but commenting in the moment is more real.