[UTA/HOU] Will he be 0-7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is about the ugliest game I've watched all day... The Houston team that showed so much heart and grit heading down the stretch just may not be able to continue to bring it in an intense series like this. I wish Adelman all the luck in the world but Jerry Sloan's team isn't gonna make it easy and the Rockets are about one more injury away from being on their way home for the year.

piksi

Hall of Famer
can't be top 5 in the NBA. Remember - there are teams like Heat, Knicks and others. We had several games much worse than this one.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Yeah, but those games were of no consequence. There's a different scale: there can't have been five other games that mattered this season that were harder to watch than this one.

piksi

Hall of Famer
I really can't stand 99% of Argentinian BB players because they play dirty and flop all the time. There is one exception - Louis Scola. I just love when someone plays so hard every minute of every game. And he is smart player too. Unfortunately he also doesn't play for the Kings

piksi

Hall of Famer
okay - slim - that sure sucked but we got them 5 times in a row at Wc and olympics before they lucked out once - so that is not a main reason. It has more to do with euroleague stuff

I think McGrady secretely has a va-jay-jay. I don't know if I've ever seen a more talented player with not a drop of toughness.

That will be McGrady's legacy unless he ever grows a pair and plays dominantly.

Well, too bad about that last phantom pushing foul right when BoJax hit the tying 3 pointer. Hate to see the refs have a hand in the outcome of a game...

Regardless, pretty clear the Rockets are outmatched in this series. T-Mac shut down in the 4th qtr.

Well, too bad about that last phantom pushing foul right when BoJax hit the tying 3 pointer. Hate to see the refs have a hand in the outcome of a game...

Regardless, pretty clear the Rockets are outmatched in this series. T-Mac shut down in the 4th qtr.
That was a phantom foul :) LOL. Scola did push AK out of the way, if he had just used his body it wouldnt have been called, but he used his extended arms and a little bit of selling by AK got the foul.

If the shot was taken from the corner then the foul will be much more magnified but the pass was made to BJax, where the foul kinda is less significant, but a foul nonetheless.

That was a phantom foul :) LOL. Scola did push AK out of the way, if he had just used his body it wouldnt have been called, but he used his extended arms and a little bit of selling by AK got the foul.

If the shot was taken from the corner then the foul will be much more magnified but the pass was made to BJax, where the foul kinda is less significant, but a foul nonetheless.
I didn't think it was a foul at all, actually. He put his hand out, but I didn't think he pushed him. Hard to tell how much force he used, but it didn't affect the play at all, and it's not like the man went flying into the stands.

That having been said, it's really frustrating to see the refs letting all that contact go uncalled all game long down low, on both teams, and then see that called on a deciding play in the fourth quarter. I mean, McGrady is getting hit every time he drives, Deron Williams got floored at the end of the third, Boozer and Battier were playing physical all night long ... etc. The playoffs have been very physical, every game. Then a call like that is made, where there's minimal contact with a minimal affect on the game, and it erases a game tying shot and gives the other team two free throws. That's poor officiating, and that questionable, if not wrong, call directly affected the outcome of the game.

The first thing I thought was "Is Tim Donaghy back?" Seriously. Terrible call.

McGrady going emo

"It's my fault," McGrady said. "It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"It's my fault. Everything is my fault. It's my fault. It's T-Mac's fault. Everybody's blaming me. The Suns (for being down 2-0 to the Spurs). I mean, everybody"

Forget "blame Finley" someone start a "blame McGrady" thread. It's Mcgrady's fault that it rained yesterday.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Tracy McGrady needs to quit being a drama queen and just play the freaking game. He's been around long enough to know that some people will point the finger of blame at the biggest superstar on a team if said team doesn't do well, regardless of the reasons why. With Yao Ming out, Tracy is the only obvious target. I'm more than a little disappointed to see him whining like this in the press...

"It's my fault," McGrady said. "It's my fault we missed free throws. It's my fault we lost both games. Blame me. It's my fault we fouled to tie the game up. That's my fault. It's my fault they get easy layups. It's my fault we're not executing well on the offensive end. It's my fault a couple people in the stands ordered Heinekens and they got Budweiser. It's my fault. I'm sorry."

"It's my fault. Everything is my fault. It's my fault. It's T-Mac's fault. Everybody's blaming me. The Suns (for being down 2-0 to the Spurs). I mean, everybody"

Forget "blame Finley" someone start a "blame McGrady" thread. It's Mcgrady's fault that it rained yesterday.
Hold up. Are you making a joke? If not, can we have a link? That is simply pathetic.

TMac is a choker! Maybe he should focus on leading his team to the second round, instead of already starting the excuses.

Found it myself.

link

Seriously, TMac.

McGrady makes the money and assumes the 'superstar" responsibility. He has the commercials, shoes and nickname. And that's all fine. Anyone would accept that when offered. But when all that is accepted, so is the risk that he will be considered responsible to the fate of his team and excessive criticism if that team loses. And if the other Rockets play much better than they have and the Rockets somehow win the series, McGrady will be credited no matter how he plays.
WORD!

McGrady is such a martyr

Status
Not open for further replies.