UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
If your the Kings. You want players young and athletic to come here. I don't see why everyone is so up in arms over this. Talent is what it takes to win in this league. Who cares how much money you have in cap space if you can't sign anyone. We are building a team that wants to run, run, run and he will fit with Bogi and Buddy and Fox just fine. Dang people. Just happy we have a chance here

And that's why they are radio guys and not the president of an NBA organization front office.
^^ This is an ironic statement because Vlade is and was no more qualified than the radio guys (or any of us). He was never qualified for the job he was gifted. He had no prior experience in the field and has done nothing to show that he's a natural at it ala Bird, Kerr, etc.

If this makes anyone feel better, would you guys rather the FO spend $20million on a player like Zach LaVine or $20million on a player like George Hill?

I don’t care if it’s 10 games how the hell you have more missed shots than assists, rebounds, steals, and blocks. That’s absurd and 25 games is enough.

Don’t tell the guys posting his career high highlights
Do you know how bullcrap of a stat that is? Let me put it to rest right now.

Buddy Hield has missed 517 shots last year. His combined asts, rebs, stls, and blocks are only at 569.
KLAY THOMPASON HAS MORE MISSED SHOTS THAN ASTS, REBOUNDS, STLS, AND BLOCKS COMBINED IN 73 GAMES.

That's how dumb that stat is. I don't even know why anyone would bring it up. It's complete BS.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Remember, this is the same GM that says Bagley can play 3 too. Apparently, he thinks anyone can play the 3. Probably because he isn't concerned with defense. At all.

I know Vlade is your guy ... but he's lost me. I held out and kept giving him time the past couple years, but the bad moves just keep piling up and compounding.
I just created a thread you might like.

I'm sorry you have so little faith in Vlade that you take comments out of context and use them to try and prove your point but that's your choice to make. I love how some of you keep saying you kept giving Vlade time when in actuality you've been like vultures in the trees just waiting to pounce upon his next "bad move."

We will agree that we patently disagree. I won't be apologizing or trying to defend Vlade because I don't think he needs it. I believe he's got a good reason for making this offer and I'm willing to wait and see what happens. For all we know, Chicago could already be drawing up the matching offer sheet.

Well, I mean it's about 1/5 of the salary cap. It's not a terrible contract, but it's not a small contract either, and it's not clear to me that LaVine has earned it. In a lot of ways you're still betting on a young athlete who, if Chicago doesn't match, will be on his third team in five years. With our young core we can afford it, but is it the best use of our cap space? I'm on the fence on that, and this is coming from a UCLA fan who watched probably 90% of his college games. Obviously he has matured since then and I haven't followed him closely. The athleticism is obviously there. The numbers, as of right now, really aren't.
Yeah, obviously I am not a huge fan of us trying to acquire him. And even though I'm generally a happy-go-lucky kinda guy, I'm obviously not as optimistic as VF21 overall. But I think the damage, if this turns out to be a bad signing, isn't as bad. He's still a young athlete, so if it is simply a bad fit, we can still trade him away relatively easy.

Go read and see what neutral fans are saying about the deal.

Bulls fans are mad/nervous though. They'll have to overpay or he walks for nothing.
The sentiment has been (before this offer sheet) is that he isn't worth it, and I agree.... but I'm cool with the Kings offering him, and getting him if the Bulls don't match. I don't pretend to know the future. LaVine may be a baller for the Kings, and help them make the playoffs one day. Maybe he will suck. Maybe he never plays for the Kings ... but I do know one thing - I enjoy the hell out of the drama and suspense watching stuff like this unfold.

Yeah, obviously I am not a huge fan of us trying to acquire him. And even though I'm generally a happy-go-lucky kinda guy, I'm obviously not as optimistic as VF21 overall. But I think the damage, if this turns out to be a bad signing, isn't as bad. He's still a young athlete, so if it is simply a bad fit, we can still trade him away relatively easy.
Trade him easily?

If this makes anyone feel better, would you guys rather the FO spend $20million on a player like Zach LaVine or $20million on a player like George Hill?

Do you know how bullcrap of a stat that is? Let me put it to rest right now.

Buddy Hield has missed 517 shots last year. His combined asts, rebs, stls, and blocks are only at 569.
KLAY THOMPASON HAS MORE MISSED SHOTS THAN ASTS, REBOUNDS, STLS, AND BLOCKS COMBINED IN 73 GAMES.

That's how dumb that stat is. I don't even know why anyone would bring it up. It's complete BS.
It’s brought up to poke fun at the Kings. I swear they could have signed KD and this team still would be nationally ridiculed because of a few of the “hip” writers like to poke fun at this organization.

The sentiment has been (before this offer sheet) is that he isn't worth it, and I agree.... but I'm cool with the Kings offering him, and getting him if the Bulls don't match. I don't pretend to know the future. LaVine may be a baller for the Kings, and help them make the playoffs one day. Maybe he will suck. Maybe he never plays for the Kings ... but I do know one thing - I enjoy the hell out of the drama and suspense watching stuff like this unfold.
Chaos is amusing I'll agree.

Maybe we will catch a break here, Chicago matches and has less cap space in a thin market.

If you are so disappointed before even seeing a regular season game being played, VF21 just made a thread that'd ease your pain.
Stop being dumb and/or heed your own advice.

There are certain decisions that you don't need to see play out on the court to know that they aren't smart decisions. If you disagree, that's your right. But stop telling me or anyone else how to be a fan.

Are you seriously suggesting that our front office has given up on Bagley after two bad Summer League games? Because that's what it sounds like, and that's insane.
He’ll yeah they are more ancy now that half the fanbase is up in arms over the suckage of their do or die number 2 pick. If Bagley came up and put up an actual number 2 draft pick showing the last two games they may feel like taking less of a chance.

If Bagley continues to underperform, there is absolutely not justification for the FO return. The highest upside play might save the day

^^ This is an ironic statement because Vlade is and was no more qualified than the radio guys (or any of us). He was never qualified for the job he was gifted. He had no prior experience in the field and has done nothing to show that he's a natural at it ala Bird, Kerr, etc.
You pretty much answered your own question there. That's why despite all the lovely NBA family-like relationship Stephen A Smith has with seemingly every single NBA player, he didn't get offered a job to manage the Knicks. Maybe Vlade was hired solely on his relationship with the franchise, but until he is fired, we gotta give him a fair shake, especially when we are only building a team of youngsters at the moment.

It’s brought up to poke fun at the Kings. I swear they could have signed KD and this team still would be nationally ridiculed because of a few of the “hip” writers like to poke fun at this organization.
I watched several people that are neutral say Lavine isn't worth more than 12 to 15 million for awhile now. The Bulls fans were hoping to get him cheap too. 18 per was rumored to being circulated in Chicago.

Lots of people were watching to see if the Kings would make a large offer, saying "Kangz"

Sure enough....

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
He’ll yeah they are more ancy now that half the fanbase is up in arms over the suckage of their do or die number 2 pick. If Bagley came up and put up an actual number 2 draft pick showing the last two games they may feel like taking less of a chance.

If Bagley continues to underperform, there is absolutely not justification for the FO return. The highest upside play might save the day
I'm about 117.3% confident that the decision to sign LaVine to an offer sheet had zero to do with two poor Summer League games out of Bagley. Zero.

I doubt they match. The Bulls are notoriously cheap. There was a Euro Event for Top Players with a $10,000 Entry Fee. Every NBA team paid to attend except the Bulls. They may let him walk and go after Rodney Hood for half the price or less. Another option would be to take Carmelo into their space and pick up Terrence Ferguson for their trouble. This latter option could be something we pursue if the Bulls match.

I just created a thread you might like.
Respectfully, please refer to my response to Double K. Did I say I was done with the team? I have every right to have the opposite opinion that you do. No need to be snarky and point me to a "Im done with the team" thread because you don't agree with my take. That's disrespectful. I wouldn't tell you and Double K to go visit the "everything is great and I believe in rainbows and fairy's and every move Vlade makes" thread simply because you guy want to remain positive.

I feel you and I tend to align on a lot of things. No need to be negative towards me when we disagree. I get that I'm reacting a bit emotionally, but that's because my patience with Vlade and this franchise is running thin. Nothing personal towards anybody here.

I'm sorry you have so little faith in Vlade that you take comments out of context and use them to try and prove your point but that's your choice to make.
Please point me to where I did this. I'd really like to know.

I love how some of you keep saying you kept giving Vlade time when in actuality you've been like vultures in the trees just waiting to pounce upon his next "bad move."
You're unfairly lumping me in with the masses. I hated the Philly trade. I hated the FA signings the year they signed Marco. I REALLY hated the DeMarcus trade. But I'm still here. And I've said numerous times that I'd give Vlade more time. And I have. And I'm waiting for any kind of sign that things are getting better. At some point, things have to appear to be getting better. They aren't.

For all we know, Chicago could already be drawing up the matching offer sheet.
One can only hope.

If the Kings didn't already have Buddy and Bogdan, that'd be one thing. But they do.