UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
I just read about this and quickly turned on KHTK to see how Peaches was spinning it ---- but instead I hear Carmichael Dave roasting Vlade for the move and nearly echoing my thoughts exactly.

I. Simply. Can't. Understand. What. Vlade. Is. Doing.

This team didn't need another SG. But it looks like they may have one. And if it comes at the expense of Bogdanović or Hield, I'm gonna snap!

Just as soon as I believe things can't get any worse -- it does. Vivek needs to dump Vlade and Peja before they do more damage. This has gone beyond ridiculous.

I just read about this and quickly turned on KHTK to see how Peaches was spinning it ---- but instead I hear Carmichael Dave roasting Vlade for the move and nearly echoing my thoughts exactly.

I. Simply. Can't. Understand. What. Vlade. Is. Doing.

This team didn't need another SG. But it looks like they may have one. And if it comes at the expense of Bogdanović or Hield, I'm gonna snap!

Just as soon as I believe things can't get any worse -- it does. Vivek needs to dump Vlade and Peja before they do more damage. This has gone beyond ridiculous.
It's not that bad. The contract, relatively speaking (I mean Capt. Factorial can correct me on this), isn't that horrible in today's NBA's CBA. And he's still only 23 years old... It's obvious that Vlade and the front office wants to run and run and run and run...

It's not that bad. The contract, relatively speaking (I mean Capt. Factorial can correct me on this), isn't that horrible in today's NBA's CBA. And he's still only 23 years old...
It is bad. Doesn't matter that he's only 23 and that 19M isn't near max. The move doesn't make the Kings better and is very redundant.

It's obvious that Vlade and the front office wants to run and run and run and run...
And collect the worst defensive players in the league.

Is there some rule I'm not aware of that states that the Kings HAVE to sign a FA?

Sometimes doing nothing is a great move. There's no reason to make this move other than to make a move and say "we're trying to do something".
We are acquiring talent. He's young, explosive, and was playing well before his injury. Win shares? The kid can be a great player with a little luck and guidance.

Is there some rule I'm not aware of that states that the Kings HAVE to sign a FA?

Sometimes doing nothing is a great move. There's no reason to make this move other than to make a move and say "we're trying to do something".
No reason? I know it's hyperbole for point, but c'mon. The Kings have three guards, one of them who is still very raw and young. LaVine allows the Kings to play 3 guard lineups consistently, with multiple ball handlers on the floor at any given time.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
As an aside, I am now resigned to the fact we Kings fans will never ever never have a TDOS without some kind of controversy. I guess it just is what it is.

IF he can, in fact, play the 3 it was a good move. The optimist in me thinks that's the only reason Vlade would make the offer
Remember, this is the same GM that says Bagley can play 3 too. Apparently, he thinks anyone can play the 3. Probably because he isn't concerned with defense. At all.

I know Vlade is your guy ... but he's lost me. I held out and kept giving him time the past couple years, but the bad moves just keep piling up and compounding.

The FO is going to throw stuff against the wall because it knows it’s done after Bagley.

Normal FO logic about not taking injury risk albatross doesn’t apply since the next GM will deal with it if Zach remains a shell

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
WAAAAAHOOOOOOO
4years 80 mil !!!

I think the Bulls will match. This is the right move though.

As I've said before he would play some PG, SG and SF for the Kings and is a great peice for the new uptempo pace.

Plus he's a guy who can get his own shot quickly off the dribble, nice burst/first step and creativity plus he's only 23, basically same age as Utah's 1st rd pick Grayson Allen.
You have no idea how much I hope with every beat of my purple heart that this is true.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
It's not that bad. The contract, relatively speaking (I mean Capt. Factorial can correct me on this), isn't that horrible in today's NBA's CBA. And he's still only 23 years old... It's obvious that Vlade and the front office wants to run and run and run and run...
Well, I mean it's about 1/5 of the salary cap. It's not a terrible contract, but it's not a small contract either, and it's not clear to me that LaVine has earned it. In a lot of ways you're still betting on a young athlete who, if Chicago doesn't match, will be on his third team in five years. With our young core we can afford it, but is it the best use of our cap space? I'm on the fence on that, and this is coming from a UCLA fan who watched probably 90% of his college games. Obviously he has matured since then and I haven't followed him closely. The athleticism is obviously there. The numbers, as of right now, really aren't.