UPDATE: Bulls match offer sheet for Zach LaVine (NEW Poll)

What's your take on the 4/78 offer to Zach LaVine?

• Total voters
Zach's creative with the ball, the kings could use a wrinkle like this in the offense... Moves like what you see here are why he gets the big $$$.

9 boards is more than Bogdan or Justin Jackson grabbed in a game last szn too fwiw. HE did it twice, once 9 boards in 18 minutes @ ATL.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Yeah, but that renews the old argument about whether or not Bogs can/should play SF.
I don't see Bogs as anywhere near the size of typical small forwards. He's not even a tall shooting guard. He looks like he's about 6'4" to me, not even close to his listed height I've seen of 6'6". Most importantly, Bogs doesn't play bigger than his size; he's not jumping out of the gym anytime soon. LaVine is taller and bigger than Bogs (see above game film in which they play against each other), and he does play bigger than his size because of his athleticism.

Lavine adds nothing to the team. There's literally no net gain by this signing. Winning a handful more games (best case scenario) due to signing him for 15+ mil a season is not a cultural revolution. It is simply a poor decision.

And I don't understand why tanking is brought up. Nobody is talking about tanking. What we're talking about is the reality that this team isn't very good right now, and won't be until their key players establish themselves in the league, which typically happens by their third or fourth seasons. Until that point, this team is a lottery team. You don't have to tank to be bad. Learn to accept that.
The point is this team needs to try and get better next season and boost its win count.

Will Lavine make us a play off team? Not on his own, but he has shown promise. In his second and third year he was hitting 38% of his three point attempts, a few assists, and before his injury he was averaging 18 points per game. This coming season he should be stronger and can get back on track. If he can add another scoring option and useful three point shooter that can be useful.

We are in talent acquisition mode and adding Lavine for an acceptable price would be a decent move because he's still a young upside player.

I want people to watch this video and ask themselves: Is it possible that Zach Lavine could be better than either Bogs or Hield? In particular, watch who is guarding him. Possible? Impossible? Are you certain that Bogs and Hield are better? How certain? I'm not certain at all that Bogs and Hield are better. As I write this, if I had to make a guess, I'd say LaVine is better than both of them. If he is better, do we not want him?
Yes I can probably and confidently say buddy/Bogdan are better than LaVine

Upgrades the roster. I think Bogi is tough enough to play it and versus some teams, he probably out toughs there small ball 3 guard lineup.
We could also sign a sf for a minimum and that upgrades the roster too. If we were to offer 4/80mil to someone, I'd expect him to imorove the roster a lot. I dont think Lavine will do that because a) he hasnt contributed to winning basketball in his career and b) his value over Hield/Bogdan/Temple is pretty small. Also signing a sg means you have to give up either Buddy or Bogdan since both of them have two yers left.

In a salary cap sport its all about roster construction. We have two average/slightly above average starting level shooting guards in the roster, both of who were underutilized and neither have a lot of ability to guard bigger small forwards. Adding 4/80mil to that position might improve the roster sligthly but not at a level that demands that type of financial commitement. Only way that makes sense is that if you have already decided that neither of Buddy or Bogdan is part of our plans long term. And those two are basically what we got from trading our franchise player so I wouldnt be happy with that.

I get the point that we are pretty bad so we should just add talent no matter the position but thats not reality in a salary cap sport. Or at least it would be short sighted and since we are rebuilding, I dont want any of our decision to be short sighted.

Yes I can probably and confidently say buddy/Bogdan are better than LaVine
When these 2 older players were still sharpening their steel vs lesser competition to prepare for the NBA, LaVine was already in the league and dropping 40 vs the Kings...

Are they better at everything across the board? Lol. Does LaVine bring nothing to the table? Last time they played LaVine dropped 27 on 9/18 shooting in 31 minutes and Buddy and Bogdan combined for 25points on 7/19 from the field in 52 minutes..

It's just stupid though to compare them like one or the other, they'll play together !!!!! Thats the point.... LOL... It's a TEAM GAME... LaVine can play some PG, some SG and some SF for this squad.

People who think LaVine is redundant with Buddy and Bogdan are ill informed. There's no minutes issues. Buddy and Bogdan's roles aren;t up for grabs, only if they falter and it becomes apparent the minutes distribution needs tweaking, and then it will be a formation of healthy in-house competition, and ultimately better for the team..

It's not a my daddy can beat up your daddy contest.. It's not about how they are now it's how they will perform moving forward. It's basketball, a team game which can result in a ton of accruing small and large injuries in a season/playoff system that can span almost 100 games..

those players are born in '92 and '93 LaVine is born in '95 and this upcoming season he'll make as much as those other 2 have in their careers...

Those who advocate the kings sit on their hands and do nothing advocate for Iman Shumpert and Garrett Temple's free agency showcase for next summer.... what are y'all their agents? getting these players minutes adds no intrinsic value to the franchise, LaVine on the other hand is a completely different story.

Last edited:
Look at the video I posted at the top of this page!! He's bringing the ball up the court. initiating offense from a standstill, showing off his creativity and blazing first step and he grabbed 9 boards in this game..

the fact that the biggest counter argument seen here is we don't need another sg is an ultimate green light as far as im concerned.

I'll say it once more.

He's a swingman(SG/SF) with combo guard(PG/SG) skills. He can play PG, SG and SF for the Kings depending on matchups.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Look at the video I posted at the top of this page!! He's bringing the ball up the court. initiating offense from a standstill, showing off his creativity and blazing first step and he grabbed 9 boards in this game..

the fact that the biggest counter argument seen here is we don't need another sg is an ultimate green light as far as im concerned.

I'll say it once more.

He's a swingman(SG/SF) with combo guard(PG/SG) skills. He can play PG, SG and SF for the Kings depending on matchups.
And based on what I've seen of Mason, we need help at the backup point guard position!

Highlight videos are the worst way to scout a player. None of these videos show bad shots, missed shots, poor defense, turnovers etc. They just show the best shots from the best games. You could put one together of McLemore and make him look really good too.

Who knows, the Kings may need LaVine to give the offense a kick in the pants but your team more than likely isn't winning unless he's the 3rd best player.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Highlight videos are the worst way to scout a player. None of these videos show bad shots, missed shots, poor defense, turnovers etc. They just show the best shots from the best games. You could put one together of McLemore and make him look really good too.

Who knows, the Kings may need LaVine to give the offense a kick in the pants but your team more than likely isn't winning unless he's the 3rd best player.
Maybe, but it'd be a really short highlight video. :p

Krunker

Northernmost Kings Fan
I look forward to seeing LaVine jump over other kings players in the slam dunk contest! Oh, and bringing us to the promised land :)

WAAAAAHOOOOOOO
4years 80 mil !!!

I think the Bulls will match. This is the right move though.

As I've said before he would play some PG, SG and SF for the Kings and is a great peice for the new uptempo pace.

Plus he's a guy who can get his own shot quickly off the dribble, nice burst/first step and creativity plus he's only 23, basically same age as Utah's 1st rd pick Grayson Allen.

If he can stay healthy he has low end star potential. However He hasn't been healthy the last two years. I don't mind signing him to $20 mil a year. It's less than his max, only $5 mil more than the bulls offered, and we are the kings. We have to overpay. Four years is too much though. Should've been two with a team option for year 3