Unanimous vote to block relocation!!!!

Sam Amick ‏@sam_amick 1m

I'll say this about Hansen's claim that fight isn't over:no one on NBA or Sac side I spoke with seemed remotely concerned about his reaction

Because he is no different than the Maloofs. He associated with them to go behind a city's back and sign a deal to steal the team from Sacramento; he added the non-refundable deposit to try to strong-arm the league; the clause that allowed him to bump up the price at the last minute just in case Sacramento came thru; the buying of all the land to put pressure on the league and the other owners...

He did all that, knowing that what he was doing was not right. Now he's taking a page out of Georgie's "Handbook of the Delusional Developer" and following it to the letter...
No doubt... The guy is about as slimy to me as the Maloofs are. They knew full well what they were doing, and Hansen can burn for all I care.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Hansen really seems like a little brat who is banging his spoon on his high chair. Too bad... it is not a good look on a big hitter like him.
Frankly, he's a hedge fund manager. I don't know enough about him as a developer, but its quite likely this is the biggest single thing he's ever tried to develop. Given that he's also a fan in a semi-Cuban sort of fashion, its not surprising that he doesn't know how to be told no or bow out gracefully. But given that the NBA wants back into Seattle and expansion has to be the goal now, he's only shooting himself in the foot if he takes this too far.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Just watch out for the Maloofs. If anybody sees any mysterious moving vans pulling up in front of Arco/Sleep Train in the next week, I fully expect you to contact every Kings fans you know and go physical blockade them with your cars. :p

Just watch out for the Maloofs. If anybody sees any mysterious moving vans pulling up in front of Arco/Sleep Train in the next week, I fully expect you to contact every Kings fans you know and go physical blockade them with your cars. :p
This could seriously happen, although the NBA wouldn't schedule them next season if they tried to pull a stunt like this.

I have no doubt that before this is over there will be some Maloofery attempted, and it will promptly be squashed by Daddy Stern.

Seattle people are so uneducated on the topic and so ignorant its disgusting. my buddy who lives in SEA posted "Well we tried" on facebook (my buddy is cool and supports Sac, not a troll)
here are some responses on his facebook post:

"David stern is a idiot the sonics should have never been aloud to leave"

They are loosing so much money if they actually vote"

this is the best one......
"pretty sure its been a 3 year long plus affair with this whole are we arent we losing the Kings. takes a last minute ditch effort by the major to possibly save the kings... also why is KJ trying to morgage his city to save a Basketball team? I dont really care for basketball but its the key to getting a pro hockey team to seattle so I want to see this happen. The NBA is STUPID as **** to pass on this as they will loose millions of dollars. Sac town is a **** market compared to Seattle. Stern and the NBA need to pull thier heads out of thier *** and tell KJ and Sacramento to **** off"
Uneducated appears to be a good description, indeed.

I just want to let you all know that I LOVE YOU ALL!! :) I don't want to count chickens before they hatch, but KJ has put up a great fight, and the fans on this board have been nothing short of inspirational. I LOVE THIS TEAM!

First of all WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Its the SACRAMENTO Kings.;);););)

The part of Hansen's statement that bothered me was:

I just wanted to reassure all of you that we have numerous options at our disposal and have absolutely no plans to give up.
Is that a veiled threat of legal action? Boy he could really screw himself with league owners, if he's going this route. And he keep talking about his "binding" contract. Uhhhh, you didn't know the league had to approve a sale? And he doesn't seem to get that it doesn't matter if hea thinks everything in Seattle was better. The relo committee had to find Sacramento deficit as an NBA city first in order to even consider relocating the team. He just sounds like a petulant child.

It was a long day for me, Monday. Had to be down to Sac for an early appointment, then was killing time waiting to go to Channel 10 studios at 5:30 PM to be part of a panel/audience for a discussion about the situation. I was in a coffee house minding my own business and decided to check twitter. The news had just broken. I was sort of numb. People there probably thought I was weird as I couldn't seem to decides whether to be excited and happy or cry.

Saw the announcement about KJ's presser, so headed over there to meet up with Crown Downtown folks and other grassroots people. The we headed to Channel 10. Then back to the Firehouse Public House for some celebrating.

Some of the panel discussion was live on the news, but it continued a bit online. If you're interested here's the video of the discussion panel.

http://www.news10.net/video/2339023206001/1/Keeping-the-Kings-Discussion-Panel---4292013

Do they even have money for gas? It's 750 miles after all.:p

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
They're going to move the broken toilets?

I'm so happy the Kings are staying in Sacramento where they belong!

Maybe the Charlotte Bobcats can relocate to Seattle or they can start a new Sonics V2.0 expansion team! That is there problem...not ours! :)

Hopefully the Maloofs will sell the team and move on never to be seen again around Sacramento! We can only hope! :)

First of all WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!! Its the SACRAMENTO Kings.;);););)

The part of Hansen's statement that bothered me was:

Is that a veiled threat of legal action? Boy he could really screw himself with league owners, if he's going this route. And he keep talking about his "binding" contract. Uhhhh, you didn't know the league had to approve a sale? And he doesn't seem to get that it doesn't matter if hea thinks everything in Seattle was better. The relo committee had to find Sacramento deficit as an NBA city first in order to even consider relocating the team. He just sounds like a petulant child.
Could Hansen be a long lost Maloof?

Is there a final number on votes I heard it was 12-0, then 6-0 and now it was 12-0 ? Anyone ?
It was 7-0.

The relocation committee and the finance committee combined to review the issue, but the relocation committee only voted on what recommendation to give to the BOG on relocation. That was the 7-0 vote.

Last edited:
It was 7-0.

The relocation committee and the finance committee combined to review the issue, but the relocation committee only voted on what recommendation to give to the BOG on relocation. That was the 7-0 vote.
Sorry can you clear that up a little ? There are 12 members on the relocation committee :

Clay Bennett -OKC
James Dolan -NY
Peter Holt -SA
Micky Arison -MIA
Herb Simon -IND
Ted Leonsis -DC
Greg Miller -Utah
Glen Taylor -MIN
Jeanie Buss -LAL
Wyc Grousbeck -BOS
Robert Sarver -PHX
Larry Tanenbaum -TOR

If they combined them did they get rid of some people ? Sorry I am not understanding it, David Aldridge said we had 12 votes. Jason Jones said 7.

Sorry can you clear that up a little ? There are 12 members on the relocation committee :

Clay Bennett -OKC
James Dolan -NY
Peter Holt -SA
Micky Arison -MIA
Herb Simon -IND
Ted Leonsis -DC
Greg Miller -Utah
Glen Taylor -MIN
Jeanie Buss -LAL
Wyc Grousbeck -BOS
Robert Sarver -PHX
Larry Tanenbaum -TOR

If they combined them did they get rid of some people ? Sorry I am not understanding it, David Aldridge said we had 12 votes. Jason Jones said 7.
The initial report said unanimous, so people assumed that it meant the entire combined committee of 12 people. Later it was clarified that only the 7 people on the relocation committee voted on the relocation recommendation.

Link: http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/29/kings-bid-denied-by-committee.ap/index.html
The NBA Board of Governors is expected to follow the recommendation by the relocation committee, coincidentally headed by Thunder owner Clay Bennett, already a reviled figure in Seattle. The other owners on the committee are Miami's Micky Arison, Washington's Ted Leonsis, Utah's Greg Miller, Indiana's Herbert Simon, Minnesota's Glen Taylor and San Antonio's Peter Holt - who's also the chairman of the board.