Tyrese Haliburton

Not this season or until McNair gets the maximum value for Buddy in a trade. As long as Ty is finishing the games we are good, this season.
Yup. Count me in the It's-not-who-starts-it's-who-finishes-crowd. And Ty has been getting all the finishing minutes of late in competitive games. And know who else balls out when the game is close down the stretch? Richaun Holmes. My goodness. That young man becomes a damn All-Star when the game's tight late in the 4th. Fox/Ty/HB/Holmes + 1 = Yer Closers.

"he wear little shorts, he got a good shot" NBA veteran Hassan Whiteside on Sacramento King's rookie Tyrese Haliburton
Hassan actually said, "He's got an ugly shot"

His form on his jumper is probably a big part of why Hali was still on the board when the Kings picked. For all the talk of the NBA being an analytics driven league, if that were really true Tyrese wouldn't be a King right now.

IMO it’s like the In N Out argument. Many people are biased toward regional icon brands. But there are always small mom and pop businesses around with better products.
Idk how many times I drove past In N Out and seen a huge line going down the street. And then I go down to Wayback burger and get better food with no line at all lol. Not a local shop but still smaller and less known in the area. My go to whenever I’m in Folsom, I’m in a mood for that cheesy burger now typing this.

this was honestly more impressive than the clutch three. that hesi head jerk/ball control is absolutely Harden/Luka-esque
Raps playing the pass. Hali didn’t have that in college and he didn’t show that till now. The young man is growing.

We got ourselves a cornerstone, who is going to be even more of a beast when he puts on some muscle and adds to his game (like that hesi). Also, beyond his shot, I think Hali’s athleticism and length were underrated by scouts/other teams. Dude plays big.

Idk how many times I drove past In N Out and seen a huge line going down the street. And then I go down to Wayback burger and get better food with no line at all lol. Not a local shop but still smaller and less known in the area. My go to whenever I’m in Folsom, I’m in a mood for that cheesy burger now typing this.
In n out I’d more overrated than Lonzo Ball pre draft

What’s Halliburton’s best comparison as an NBA player? Good at everything basically. His elite skills seems to be vision and anticipation - jumping passing lanes on D, no look passes on offense which also set up some great hesitation moves and ball fakes to break down defenders. Decent size and strength that will probably improve. Seems to be able to score from anywhere and is a good shooter. Able to run the offense and plays very well sharing duties when he’s on the floor with Fox. The only thing we haven’t seen yet from him is doing this in major minutes as a starter with much higher usage and volume. And smart as hell, very serious quick learning high character guy. Can’t think of anyone to really compare that to exactly

What’s Halliburton’s best comparison as an NBA player? Good at everything basically. His elite skills seems to be vision and anticipation - jumping passing lanes on D, no look passes on offense which also set up some great hesitation moves and ball fakes to break down defenders. Decent size and strength that will probably improve. Seems to be able to score from anywhere and is a good shooter. Able to run the offense and plays very well sharing duties when he’s on the floor with Fox. The only thing we haven’t seen yet from him is doing this in major minutes as a starter with much higher usage and volume. And smart as hell, very serious quick learning high character guy. Can’t think of anyone to really compare that to exactly
Been a minute, but what about Chauncey Billups?

A great player. He has won me over completely. In the last two games he has turned the ball over making some bad passes, once two plays in a row. This is something new and needs to be corrected. Otherwise he is turning into a team leader. The assists were very impressive.
Completely agree on the turnovers, but I think he'll correct it. Teams adjusted to his passing ability and started anticipating his passes better, not he needs to adjust in response. He has shown the ability to do it, but still can do it with more consistency.

Interested in everyone's thoughts, but I think he would solve a lot of those problems by keeping his dribble alive longer and varying his stride and pace. He plays downhill so well, but when he's blasting towards the basket and leaves his feet he's forced to pass or shoot, obviously. Now that teams have learned that, it's resulting in more turnovers and questionable shot selection. But if he varies his strides and pace so that on his way towards the basket those shorter strides can give him a bit more time to read the defense before having to make a decision. That hesitation and dunk was a beautiful example. I'd also like to see him be more willing to do the Nash-esque dribbling completely through the lane and bringing it back out to reset with the defense out of position.

And all this is stuff he can do with just adjusting the use of skills he already possesses.

Add in something like a pull up mid range jumper, and my goodness.

Nice, I like that. I had heard somewhere a comp to Shaun Livingston if he could shoot.
yeh that seems to be the most common. Billups was stronger. He we a great on the ball defender. But they are similar in having the clutch gene, low turnovers, 15-18 point a game seems like a likely landing spot for Hali like Chauncey. Both good game orchestrators

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Tall Kyle Lowry

I really haven’t seen enough to give a good comp. I had some players in mind until that hesi-dunk against Toronto and the fake hand off dunk against Miami. I didn’t know Ty had those in his bag. What he is showing now may be just the tip of the iceberg. I really don’t know where his ceiling is.